How do I save a pose?

SasjeSasje Posts: 835
edited July 2012 in New Users

I create a pose, only I want to save only the pose so I can use it for the next time, or on a second figure.
Please can someone tell me how to do that???

I work with Daz3 and Daz4 Pro

Post edited by Sasje on

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

File menu. Save As . Save as DSF Pose File. Save just the parts you want, a full body or all the way down to just a hand pose. Works very well.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

thank you :)
    But where do I save it in
    I made this pose in Daz4 Pro with the Millennium Cat.
    under left-side stands compress output what does that mean ?

edited July 2012

I just save to my Pose folder. In DS4Pro that is the default folder.
    I have never used it, so I cant help with that option.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,738
    edited December 1969

Save it where you like, though if you want to access it through the Content Library or Smart content panes it needs to go in the My Library folder (or whatever folder you have chosen as a content directory) but not in the Runtime, Data or readme's folders.

Compress just makes the file small by "zipping" it - otherwise it's plain text, which means it uses a lot of space relative to the compressed size (though a pose is going to be small either way).

edited July 2012

Thank you Jaderail and Richard Now I know how to do it and it works :-)
    Now to figure out that zipping thing, I know how to handle Daz so far but computers?? :-S :red:

Post edited by Sasje on
    edited July 2012

Sasje said:
    Now to figure out that zipping thing, I know how to handle Daz so far but computers?? :-S :red:
    What part of Zipping? Do you need help installing content that comes in a zip file? If you do I can help with that also.

Edit: Richards zip comment just ment it will be saved in a format that can not be edited by hand in a text editor. DS does that zip part all by it's self if you pick the compressed option you asked about. I know that now thanks to Richard. Your pose will still load and work.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Sasje said:
    What part of Zipping? Do you need help installing content that comes in a zip file? If you do I can help with that also.

I don't know exactly, that wat Richard says (Compress just makes the file small by “zipping” it - otherwise it’s plain text, which means it uses a lot of space relative to the compressed size (though a pose is going to be small either way).

edited December 1969

Sorry I had to go now some things to do.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,738
    edited December 1969

A compressed file is smaller, but as Jaderail says it's still usable by DS. Previous versions offered a similar choice, but by picking a different format (.dsa for plain text, .dsb for compressed).

edited December 1969

Thanks Jad, Richard you help me a lot with you're advice thank you :-)

edited August 2012

Another question

How do I save an expression? and not the whole head morph, so that I can use the expression for an other carracter.

Post edited by Sasje on