Content Database...Products getting deleted

Hi all,

So for the last week I have been noticing a ton of my products in the content library pane are missing their products. The entry is there but all the items inside the entry are wiped clean. This question is a two parter.

1) What function of Studio has the power to wipe clean all the products inside a product entry without deleting the entry itself? This would be helpful to know so if I did something inadvertantly to delete these items I will know what NOT to do in the future.

2) Is there a way to automate the repopulation of these products inside the product entry without having to manually delete the entry in the content library pane and then reinstalling the DIM I stored away? That's the only way that works to repair the product entry for me so far...

As a sidenote, This is happening to products from places like renderosity/sharecg etc. I would make custom DIMs for them and then load them into my content library. DAZ products don't seem to be affected at all. Imagine that...Hmmm ;)

Thanks!

Comments

• pfunkyfizepfunkyfize Posts: 475

Here's an example...

Image attached of my content library product entry 'Opera Mask'

Empty.jpg
    409 x 1008 - 126K
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Categories and Products are database driven.

• How did you install? Are you sure the content diectory used is still connected? It isn't even finding the product thumbnail, so it looks as if the files are missing or the content directory has been chnaged (if some or all of your content is on an external drive make sure it's using the same drive letter as before).

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,422
    jestmart said:

Don't forget to mention "Smart"... 

What figure is the "Opera Mask" meant for?, the one I found is an Aiko 3 product which makes it a Poser prop.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    PerttiA said:
    jestmart said:

What figure is the "Opera Mask" meant for?, the one I found is an Aiko 3 product which makes it a Poser prop.

He's in Content Library, so Smart Content filters aren't applicable.

Do you install everything with Connect, everything with DIM/DazCentral/manual, or a combination?  If you don't install anything with Connect, do you ever login inside DS?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,422
    PerttiA said:
    jestmart said:

Do you install everything with Connect, everything with DIM/DazCentral/manual, or a combination?  If you don't install anything with Connect, do you ever login inside DS?

If you look at his screenshot, he is looking at a folder that shows products starting with "O" - That isn't a real folder but a "smart" content one.

How did you install? Are you sure the content diectory used is still connected? It isn't even finding the product thumbnail, so it looks as if the files are missing or the content directory has been chnaged (if some or all of your content is on an external drive make sure it's using the same drive letter as before).

I installed by using the DIM creator sold here. The contents in the actual designated spots in the Content Library are still there. It's just the Product reference that got zapped. When I try to create a new product by selecting the right directories and saving over the empty product, I get the customary 'Product already exists' dialog and I always add to it but still no luck. The way I am correcting the situation is by deleting the old product entry, then uninstall via DIM and then reload with the custom DIM I made and stored away... All directories that DAZ recognizes as content libraries are online and the CMS database seems to be running. I always catch CMS problems because large tracts of content mysteriously drop out and making sure CMS is on is my first goto solution for that. But this mysteriously has been happening for a couple weeks now (maybe more now since I can't confirm how far back the problem goes though definitely after a DIM update.... Hmmm)

PerttiA said:
    jestmart said:

That is correct, I am not in the 'Smart' Content Library, I am referring to the 'products' section in the content library pane

To date, I haven't had a database problem since mid 2019 everything seems to be working in that department...

I can confirm that the product files are still there even if the product entry in the Content Library pane doesn't show it...

Attached picture

confirmed.jpg
    1408 x 936 - 546K

Interestingly though, this Opera Mask random example is actually a DAZ product in the Poser Runtime library so this problem actually does extend to DAZ products too and not just my renderosity/Sharecg/Freebie products I made custom DIMS for....

edited August 2020
    jestmart said:

So does that mean if the database hiccups it could wipe out product entries?

For whatever reason then, the database chose not to destroy the product entry container but it clobbered the references to the content but didn't destroy the actual content. So it's a fairly benign problem but it's annoying because I memorize content by the product name and not its actual locations in the library.

Post edited by pfunkyfize on
    edited August 2020
    PerttiA said:

If you look at his screenshot, he is looking at a folder that shows products starting with "O" - That isn't a real folder but a "smart" content one.

I am in the Products section of the content library pane, NOT the Product section of the Smart Content library pane. Opera Mask is not 'smart' content, in fact this random example Opera Mask is in the Poser runtime structure that does not have smart content meta data unless you make some for it.

This picture should dispel any confusion...

actual.jpg
    1920 x 1046 - 968K
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,216

Have you looked in product LOCAL USER to see if your files are there? When installing a product that has no metadata support files, DIM or Studio creates a minimal metadata file with entries for each item (Assets or SupportAssets), even old Poser files, and zips created with Content Package Assist (if there is no metadata file included), so they should not end up in LOCAL USER. This generated metadata file will at least identify the product name, SKU, Store ID and GUID, and will be in the Runtime/Support folder with the rest of the metadata files. Verify if, in fact, it exists. From the Content Library, you can see all sorts of data for any given file by examining the info pane at the bottom of the panel.

I have seen stubborn products that will not appear in the Product view because they were already defined in LOCAL USER, a place where files go if not associated with a specific product. Uninstalling and deleting the product folder did not clear it up until all references to the items in LOCAL USER were deleted. All traces of those elements have to be removed from the database, then you can try a fresh install.

NorthOf45 said:

Have you looked in product LOCAL USER to see if your files are there? When installing a product that has no metadata support files, DIM or Studio creates a minimal metadata file with entries for each item (Assets or SupportAssets), even old Poser files, and zips created with Content Package Assist (if there is no metadata file included), so they should not end up in LOCAL USER. This generated metadata file will at least identify the product name, SKU, Store ID and GUID, and will be in the Runtime/Support folder with the rest of the metadata files. Verify if, in fact, it exists. From the Content Library, you can see all sorts of data for any given file by examining the info pane at the bottom of the panel.

I have seen stubborn products that will not appear in the Product view because they were already defined in LOCAL USER, a place where files go if not associated with a specific product. Uninstalling and deleting the product folder did not clear it up until all references to the items in LOCAL USER were deleted. All traces of those elements have to be removed from the database, then you can try a fresh install.

Thanks for the suggestion i will give that a look in the LOCAL USER area

• If you didn't assign a thumbnail to the product when you created it that would explain the lack, of course.

You sahould be able to find an Edit Metadata command in the right-click menu - if you can open that please post screen shots of both tabs.

If you didn't assign a thumbnail to the product when you created it that would explain the lack, of course.

You sahould be able to find an Edit Metadata command in the right-click menu - if you can open that please post screen shots of both tabs.

Yes, the thumbnails were more of a cosmetic thing for me and sometimes I just didn't make one. When I look in the metadata editor and open a product, it shows that there aren't any contents assigned to the product, I'll post a screenshot of that

Here is what the Contents of the edit metadata section for a DAZ produt called 'Tamara for V4'  looks like in bith tabs

Attached

tamaraproduct.jpg
    1231 x 1040 - 479K
    tamaraasset.jpg
    1240 x 1050 - 397K
    NorthOf45 said:

Oh my word....

49,774 pieces of content in my LOCAL USER area. So what you're suggesting is that I select all 49k of those items, delete them, and I should be good to go?

see attached

LOCALUSER.jpg
    537 x 792 - 230K

Well, a wholesale deletion might cause more problems. These files are installed, just not associated with a product. I had a similar revelation when I first looked in LOCAL USER. I didn't realize at the time, but most were from early products that had no metadata, and after converting the old database from Valentina, several Studio updates, somewhere along the line, all those files got cut off. Don't know if they were ever handled properly to begin with, though. Early days...

Anyway, I reinstalled all suspect products (sometimes it takes two shots) to clean it out (yeah, that took a while). What was left were files that had no real content, like instruction icons or dividers, or Poser-only material files (lots of those .mt5 & .mc6) that were intentionally left out of metadata files. Those that had no metadata files to begin with all got something, and assets were properly allocated to the correct product.

I notice in your metadata screenshots that there are no Assets, and everything appears in the Support Files area. Did you make the metadata file (DAZ_3D_25548_Tamara_for_V4.dsx) or was it included in the original package? If there is none in the package, it would have been generated when the product was installed. Something is definitely amiss.

Using the Tamara example above, I looked at the info tab when I selected a piece of associated content and it does not show an association to LOCAL USER product or the Tamara product which actually exists in my 'T' section of the Content Library Products section. Attached pic.

TamaraNoProductInfo.jpg
    444 x 1041 - 257K
    edited August 2020

Ok after looking at the sheer amount of updating I would need to do to disassociate LOCAL USER from product info, is there a way I can do this in an automated fashion instead of one product at a time in the meta data editor?

I understand that PostgreSQL is the DB being used in DAZ. I write SQL queries in products like Oracle and MySQL relational databases but have never touched PostgreSQL in any of my job sites at my day gig. Is there a way for me to get to the actual tables in DAZ's postgresql database and execute an UPDATE query to attack 49,000 entries in one fell swoop? I imagine if I can find the relational database manager for postgresql and connect it to DAZ's DB tables it will be possible to do. As far as I know we as users can only Update/Create/Delete one product record at a time in Studio but for editing data across multiple products this is very tedious and cumbersome...

Try re-installing a couple of problematic ones to see if that cures the problem. As I mentioned, it might take more than one shot to clear it up. If that works, you can get DIM to re-install groups of files at a time. Hacking the database might break things even worse.

What is in that DAZ_3D_25548_Tamara_for_V4.dsx file in the Runtime\Support folder? It should have fields at the top for Product, StoreID, GlobalID, ProductToken, then Assets (an entry for each user-facing file, like .cr2, .pp2, .ds, .dsa), followed by SupportAssets (one for each item like icons, .obj files, texture bitmaps, etc. that are not directly accessed from Studio). If it is all there, it is not being used properly, and might be blocked by previous entries. If the product does not have a metadata file in the original archive's Runtime\Support folder, a new one will be generated when you install it again, hopefully with the correct information. An earlier one might have been done wrong. I don't know, just going with the trail of clues.

NorthOf45 said:

Try re-installing a couple of problematic ones to see if that cures the problem. As I mentioned, it might take more than one shot to clear it up. If that works, you can get DIM to re-install groups of files at a time. Hacking the database might break things even worse.

What is in that DAZ_3D_25548_Tamara_for_V4.dsx file in the Runtime\Support folder? It should have fields at the top for Product, StoreID, GlobalID, ProductToken, then Assets (an entry for each user-facing file, like .cr2, .pp2, .ds, .dsa), followed by SupportAssets (one for each item like icons, .obj files, texture bitmaps, etc. that are not directly accessed from Studio). If it is all there, it is not being used properly, and might be blocked by previous entries. If the product does not have a metadata file in the original archive's Runtime\Support folder, a new one will be generated when you install it again, hopefully with the correct information. An earlier one might have been done wrong. I don't know, just going with the trail of clues.

Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot with me!

I will crack open the DSX support file and see if it contains the necessary basic metadata shortly Thanks!

Here are the contents of the file, it looks like everything is there and I can confirm that the product exists in the 'T' section of the  Content Library tab|Products area

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <ContentDBInstall VERSION="1.0">
     <Products>
      <Product VALUE="Tamara for V4">
       <StoreID VALUE="DAZ 3D"/>
       <GlobalID VALUE="2bf829d3-eebc-4fbd-b2b9-39ca11373f2f"/>
       <ProductToken VALUE="25548"/>
       <Assets>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/!!Tamara INJ.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/!!Tamara REM.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/!Tamara Mat.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Eye01.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Eye02.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Eye03.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Eye04.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Eye05.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Eye06.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Eye07.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Eye08.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips Natural.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips01.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips02.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips03.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips04.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips05.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips06.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips07.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips08.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips09.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips10.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips11.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips12.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips13.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips14.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips15.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips16.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips17.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips18.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips19.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips20.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Makeup01.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Makeup02.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Makeup03.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Makeup04.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Makeup05.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Makeup06.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Makeup07.pz2"/>
        <Asset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Makeup08.pz2"/>
       </Assets>
       <SupportAssets VALUE="/Runtime/Support/DAZ_3D_25548_Tamara_for_V4.dsx">
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/ReadMe's/TamaraforV4/Readme_Tamara For V4.txt"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Beainjrem/BeaTamara/Hide.Tamara.pz2"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Beainjrem/BeaTamara/InjDeltas.Tamara.pz2"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Beainjrem/BeaTamara/RemDeltas.Tamara.pz2"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Beainjrem/BeaTamara/Unhide.Tamara.pz2"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/!Tamara Mat.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/!Tamara Mat.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Eye01.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Eye01.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Eye02.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Eye02.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Eye03.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Eye03.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Eye04.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Eye04.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Eye05.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Eye05.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Eye06.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Eye06.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Eye07.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Eye07.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Eye08.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Eye08.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips Natural.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips Natural.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips01.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips01.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips02.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips02.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips03.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips03.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips04.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips04.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips05.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips05.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips06.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips06.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips07.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips07.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips08.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips08.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips09.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips09.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips10.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips10.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips11.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips11.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips12.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips12.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips13.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips13.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips14.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips14.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips15.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips15.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips16.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips16.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips17.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips17.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips18.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips18.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips19.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips19.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips20.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Lips20.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Makeup01.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Makeup01.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Makeup02.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Makeup02.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Makeup03.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Makeup03.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Makeup04.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Makeup04.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Makeup05.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Makeup05.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Makeup06.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Makeup06.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Makeup07.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Makeup07.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Makeup08.ds"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/Makeup08.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_face_b.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_face_s2.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facelips.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facelips_b.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facelips_s.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facelips01.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facelips02.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facelips03.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facelips04.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facelips05.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facelips06.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facelips07.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facelips08.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facelips09.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facelips10.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facelips11.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facelips12.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facelips13.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facelips14.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facelips15.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facelips16.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facelips17.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facelips18.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facelips19.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facelips20.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facelipsnatural.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facemakeup1.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facemakeup2.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facemakeup3.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facemakeup4.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facemakeup5.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facemakeup6.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facemakeup7.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facemakeup8.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_facenatural.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_Lash.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_limbs.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_limbs_b.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_torso.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamara_torso_b.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamaraeyes1.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamaraeyes2.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamaraeyes3.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamaraeyes4.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamaraeyes5.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamaraeyes6.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamaraeyes7.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamaraeyes8.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamaramouth.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamaramouth_B.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Textures/GriffBea/BeaTamara/Tamararef.jpg"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/!!Tamara REM.png"/>
        <SupportAsset VALUE="/Runtime/Libraries/Pose/AliBea/AliBeaTamara/!!Tamara INJ.png"/>
       </SupportAssets>
      </Product>
     </Products>
    </ContentDBInstall>

Since it is not labeled as a LOCAL USER product, I'll see about deleting and reinstalling via DIM and see if the product entry in the content library pane repopulates. This is definitely a sure way to reinstall data but I'd still hate to do this a group at a time. Using the database's tables would be much easier as i can just query what is being assigned to LOCAL USER. The CMS database has the postgresql RDBMS PQadmin in it where a user can view the tables that store all the data in the database. I will be giving that a go if an automated way can't be found to solve this. Apparently DAZ script can access metadat info in the database too...

Okay, the metadata file looks correct, but the screenshots of the Edit Metadata dialog do not show the same thing, so it is not, or was not, processed properly. Those items shown as Assets in the file are not in the Asset section (second tab) but show in the Support Files area (first tab) with the other SupportAssets. The Product exists in the T folder, but does it have any items? (Going by what you originally showed for Opera Mask, and the whole reason that started this thread, I suspect not).

You could query what belongs to LOCAL USER, but you would still have to assign each to the correct product (also assuming that it the only change needed). Sounds like as much or more work as just re-installing, which, if it does clear things up, you can do with a minimum of effort.

I did see the sample scripts in the scripting area and I have modified one to pull product names and IDs of products that are assigned to LOCAL USER

NorthOf45 said:

Okay, the metadata file looks correct, but the screenshots of the Edit Metadata dialog do not show the same thing, so it is not, or was not, processed properly. Those items shown as Assets in the file are not in the Asset section (second tab) but show in the Support Files area (first tab) with the other SupportAssets. The Product exists in the T folder, but does it have any items? (Going by what you originally showed for Opera Mask, and the whole reason that started this thread, I suspect not).

You could query what belongs to LOCAL USER, but you would still have to assign each to the correct product (also assuming that it the only change needed). Sounds like as much or more work as just re-installing, which, if it does clear things up, you can do with a minimum of effort.

What I am going to try next is what you suggested earlier, remove references to LOCAL USER programmatically via script or through the RDBMS that DAZ supplied with PostgreSQL. I submitted a support ticket with DAZ about the database because of something peculiar I found in the admin tool of the database, the DB has no tables. That is weird. How is Studio storing data if there are no tables being used... This problem has opened many cans of worms...

oh! and the Tamara Product in the Content Libray 'T' section did not have anything in it so I deleted it and reinstalled via Install Manager and it repopulated ok. That still leaves 49,000-20... a  shedload of items I've discovered in the LOCAL USER area that need weeding out. Oy...

NorthOf45 said:

Have you looked in product LOCAL USER to see if your files are there? When installing a product that has no metadata support files, DIM or Studio creates a minimal metadata file with entries for each item (Assets or SupportAssets), even old Poser files, and zips created with Content Package Assist (if there is no metadata file included), so they should not end up in LOCAL USER.

So does the act of taking a product in zip format from a brokerage like Renderosity and manually unzipping it into my content library (aka -not going through DIM ) somehow makes an association to the LOCAL USER product? Does Studio's install procedures do this?