Help Please: Reality Render of Sacrament by Jack Tomalin

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

In one of the Reality rendered Promos of Sacrament... the colored lights from the stained glass windows are spreading across the floor... I have gotten a vaguely monochrome pattern but I just can't figure out how to replicate the look from the promo. I am probably doing something stupid... but I just can't figure it out... help PLEASE:-)!

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Your best bet for getting an answer is in this thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/289/ . They share information as well as renders.

• edited December 1969

Thank You... I will give it a try:)

• MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459
    edited December 1969

I was able to get this to work in DS, although not to the same degree of impact. It took some work in photoshop and converting the glass to ubersurface. If you have this product by Sickleyield and I it will give you a clue as to the surface settings and and texture/map retouching: Easy Caustics

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited February 2015

This was rendered in Reality using the stained glass window as a medium. The beauty of using Luxrender is that it does all of the hard work recreating the effect for you. All you need to do is set it as a translucent materia so light can pass through. It's tinted on the way.

This was done using a bright sunlight from the outside and a few filler indoor lights.

Defiance.png
    839 x 892 - 788K
    Post edited by Herald of Fire on