DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.2.120, General Release, Now Available for Download!

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Dagger Dance should be available in DIM, or in your Product Library if you don't use DIM. It's a separate download.

I use DIM, and it is not available there.

In my Product Library, there is only the Mac version of the Interactive Lessons available, but it doesn't say which ones they are

I use Dim - its there in pose on pc

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

I don't think this has anything to do with the update but when I start DS the CMS stops. I restart CMS and relaunch DS but it stops again. I have no Smart Content and also there are no Products and no Categories either. They are both empty. Also my Content Library shows everything in a muddle, no longer in alphabetical order.

Would this be due to a corrupt database.

If so can someone tell me how to put this right please?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...I frequently have the CMS die on me with some frequency requiring having to go into Task Manager to restart it. When in restart 4.6, it works fine after that. however nothing in the LIbrary/Studio3 tree in the content tab is tagged with blue anymore even though all the metadata files were installed (Including content installed through the DIM).

The tough issue with my set up is abut half the content was installed from my instaler archive as I couldn't get a clean enough connection on the workstation at the time for the DIM to work. Since I changed ISPs last July, I have a solid connection now and only use the DIM. Really don't care to perform a full uninstall/reinstall of everything, especially since I also have a fair amount of content from Rendo and other stores as well as lots and lots of freebies. I also understand doing so involves having to root around to delete a lot of stuff through Windows explorer and mess with the registry as well. Really not tech savvy enough to deal with that.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    I don't think this has anything to do with the update but when I start DS the CMS stops. I restart CMS and relaunch DS but it stops again. I have no Smart Content and also there are no Products and no Categories either. They are both empty. Also my Content Library shows everything in a muddle, no longer in alphabetical order.

Yes, it probably would - there are troubleshooting steps here https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/22523891-Trouble-shooting-the-Smart-Content-Pane

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

I've had this build give me the 'Error During rendering' message twice, and its locked up on me twice, once while using autofit and another time using the Polygon editing tool.

edited December 1969

wilmap said:

Yes, it probably would - there are troubleshooting steps here https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/22523891-Trouble-shooting-the-Smart-Content-Pane

I've just tried that Richard and the CMS still stops as soon as DS launches.

I will get my son to have a look and see if he can find anything, as he works in IT so knows about these things.

edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    wilmap said:

I've just tried that Richard and the CMS still stops as soon as DS launches.

I will get my son to have a look and see if he can find anything, as he works in IT so knows about these things.

My CMS has been doing this for ages I've tried all the fixes they work for a bit then it starts doing it again kinda given up on it.

edited December 1969

Success!!!

Found another CMS in Programs(86) - deleted that and reinstalled DS and now the CMS works! I have lost my Catagories, but I can redo them. Everything apart from one section is now in Alphabetical order and the Smart Content is working again.

edited April 2014

...interesting, I'll have to check for that. I thought only the DIM installed to the x86 folder.

[ETA]

I think the one in the x86 folder may actually be for the DIM as before I installed the update, there was no CMS folder there.

Had to manually install the update for the DIM as when it tired to auto update, something apparently went wrong during the uninstall process and only parts of the former version were removed while the new version never installed.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,024
    edited December 1969

Well.. FWIW the mouse losing object focus and parameter slider extreme sensitivity is still there, and if anything - its worse.. Have submitted a tech support request.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

For those that have had CMS issues, you may wish to go here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/40142/

edited December 1969

...I'll wait until the next public release. Had my fill of "beta testing" with 3 Advanced.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I just tested the Beta, the TDLmake thing is in the Past. A Zev0 overlay ran perfect at full settings. This is one happy user.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...I'll wait until the next public release. Had my fill of "beta testing" with 3 Advanced.

this is the public release .
    the beta has its own thread .

edited December 1969

...I thought the public release was 4.6.2.120.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...I thought the public release was 4.6.2.120.

It is. Look at the title of this thread. :-)
    edited April 2014

...but the CMS and TDL fixes are in the beta version 4.6.3.29.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

Yes, the references to the TDL fix were to the beta, which has its own thread.

• MadbatMadbat Posts: 382
    edited April 2014

This version seems to render with a lot of artifacts in hdl that I never had before. The UI is jerky as hell too and frequently stalls out and becomes unresponsive like some of the earlier 2 and 3 versions used to do.

Is it possible to roll back to the previous build? I never had these issues with that one.

Post edited by Madbat on
    edited December 1969

I really don't like this build I am getting constant crashing especially on save - this is the most unstable version for ages.

edited December 1969

...interesting, experiencing none of this myself. In fact, find it to be very stable.

Running on a Win7 64 (Aero turned off) i7 system that has 12G RAM in Tri Channel configuration, dual HDDs (one boot the other for the content runtimes/library), and nVidia Fermi GPU with 1G GDDR5 with the latest drivers.

• gfriffegfriffe Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

My update failed with an error, DAZ3dimhelper.exe - entry point not found. Any ideas on how to fix this?

:roll:

• MadbatMadbat Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

I just submitted a request to rollback to the previous version, this one is so sluggish it's unusable. Whatever they did in the back rooms of Daz, it didn't help.

• Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited December 1969

It's running great for me. Have you run a virus/malware scan on your computer lately? Are your vents clear of dust to prevent overheating? Those are things that can slow it down.

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited April 2014

Hi Guys, anybody have problems with the new build adding morphs with reverse deformation set on YES ?
    the morphs get reverse ( mirrored ) of the new shape
    when you morph to left and import it as reverse deformation it mirror the morphs to right in place to replace the base morph the way it was modeled .. that is only issue I have with the new build .. no matter using Morph Loader or GoZ the same result , can't load any adjustment morphs with reverse deformations , or maybe they changed it to do just the mirror ?

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

I didn't even know there was a reverse deformation option in Morph Loader hon. You mean I can morph just one side of my figure or clothing and set that to Yes and it will mirror it to the other side?? Is it supposed to just flip it or does the original side keep the morph info too?

edited December 1969

I tried to replace the FBM but in place I get the mirrored effect , it is not how it should works
    reverse deformation is used when you create morphs for morphs or want to replace the Deltas Only for the already existing morph
    and in this case I can't replace the delta correctly

I can load regular morphs as well , also the reverse deformation but not when replacing the Delta Only , for example I want to replace the Delta of FBMMichael6 in my clothing but all I get is mirror morph , I never had problems with that before

RAMWolff said:
    I didn't even know there was a reverse deformation option in Morph Loader hon. You mean I can morph just one side of my figure or clothing and set that to Yes and it will mirror it to the other side?? Is it supposed to just flip it or does the original side keep the morph info too?
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Is anyone having any weird oddities happening with Genesis and Genesis 2 Female DISAPPEARING in a render?????? Everything else in the scene - clothes, props etc - renders, but Genesis or Genesis 2 is actually completely transparent and doesn't render. This will happen two or three times, and then FINALLY on the next render she is back again. I've NEVER had this happen EVER before, but it's started happening ever since I either installed this version OR updated the Genesis Essentials that were in the product update in DIM. I don't know what this is, I am at a complete loss.

edited May 2014

I did experienced this issues in the preview version sometimes , but after many rendering hours I did not have it for once this time

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    Is anyone having any weird oddities happening with Genesis and Genesis 2 Female DISAPPEARING in a render?????? Everything else in the scene - clothes, props etc - renders, but Genesis or Genesis 2 is actually completely transparent and doesn't render. This will happen two or three times, and then FINALLY on the next render she is back again. I've NEVER had this happen EVER before, but it's started happening ever since I either installed this version OR updated the Genesis Essentials that were in the product update in DIM. I don't know what this is, I am at a complete loss.

I believe I've had that, just the once (in my entry for LLolaLane's adjective of the month challenge for last month). It had four figures and just one did the 'invisible man' stunt at render time. I chased down all the obvious things - visible in render, opacity, etc., and nada. Eventually I removed the figure from the scene and added a new one and all was well.