• Rowan54Rowan54 Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

Items scavenged:
    1002 Nights Party Lights
    Buckled
    Maces & cudgels
    Zinnia Garden
    African Lily
    (with Agapanthus as extra item from birthday items)

Also included:
    One thousand and two nights (so the lights had a place to be)
    David 3 wearing Travalor, so there was a place for the Buckled texture to be
    And a Daz Studio primitive to make a dirt floor.

Scav_Hunt_render_6.png
    1002 x 635 - 953K
  • OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited December 1969

Scavenged items:

Aranmenel (Moyra; requires DAZ 3D/Ravenhair's 'Royal Elf for Genesis')
    Steam Punk Hide Away (Dreamlight)
    JeanZ for V4 (DAZ 3D/the3dwizard)
    Zodiac Heroes (SturkWurk, uses David Tunic Pack for boots)
    Horatio for M4 and Genesis (Phoenix1966)

Also used Urban Fae for V4, Mystical Touch. And assorted hairs.

Postwork in Comic Life from Plasq.com

Scavenger_Cover.jpg
    800 x 1035 - 899K
  • FreyrstrongartFreyrstrongart Posts: 20
    edited July 2012

That sounded like fun so I went through my stuff and came up with the following

Tropical quest
    Cat Girl for Genesis
    Lucifuges grave
    Zubarra
    Navarre (requires Valiant clothes)

added to that shield vom Paladin and Paragon
    Sword from Swordkit
    fur shaders modified for the cat girl.

Tons of Ron's slime brushes and style.

Postwork in CS5

scavenged.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by Freyrstrongart on
  • KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

LOL! I was out of town this weekend, but am delighted to see the images that appeared when I was gone. I literally did laugh out loud at the clever and creative ways everyone is putting together their odds-and-ends items! Carry on!!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

Looks Fun lets see what we get. Hm... 20 items per page and go...
    1 Alluring Gardens
    2 Native Cheyenne Village
    3 Fantasy Camp II
    4 Zepplin Star
    61 my birth year Castle Ruins
    Wow... what a Hodge podge. Off to hunt a good idea. Where is my thinking cap?

Ten hours later. I'm back with my first and probably only Render. This is a 100% DS3A render.

Title: Far Camp #27
    The Story...
    Crackle,"Sky barge 7 to New Gov, Repeating, Sky barge 7 to New Gov come in. Over."
    Pop,"This is New Gov Central we read you load and clear Sky barge 7, go ahead. Over."
    "I have Far Camp 27 at Lowes Ruins Park in view Central, all looks well sense our last visit, the refugees look well and the garden project appears to be well under way. Over."
    "Roger that #7, I'm sure the supplies your carrying will lift their spirits, the short-band radio will at least give them an ear out. We have weather plotted coming your way #7, we suggest you and the crew moor down and wait for it to pass. Over."
    "Understood Central, will follow advice, I'll meet with the camp leader and get what help we can. Anything else I should do Central? Over."
    Popity pop! "Inform the leader that Devonrun and Bills Down bridges are under repair and we should have land access to them within the next few months. Over"
    Snap pop,"Rodger Central, Sky barge #7 out, preparing for landing. Will report again when moored in. Over"

Hunt_Contest.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

As this is a contest for NEW renders I'm guessing we must wait untill it ends to Cross post our renders to other threads. Is that correct?

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited July 2012

Ok I’ll give it a try.

50 per page.
    I found this.
    1. Fantasy Camp II
    2. Shadow Dancer V4
    3. Maximum Overkill
    4. Wood chopping Kit
    5. Treasure Chests
    For the rest.
    V4.2 and Angelo Hair.
    The background is a picture from the internet.

A story hmmm let’s see……. She stole the treasures from a tomb only some bad people want to steal it from her only she won’t allow that. so STAY BACK.

Title: STAY BACK
    Used Daz 4 Pro and some Photoshop

treasure_contest_bew_1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 217K
    Post edited by Sasje on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    As this is a contest for NEW renders I'm guessing we must wait untill it ends to Cross post our renders to other threads. Is that correct?

No, as long as you've posted them here first, share away. Every post has a date and time, so I'm not worried. Besides... would be pretty impressive if you'd rendered an image with your items already!

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

No, as long as you've posted them here first, share away. Every post has a date and time, so I'm not worried. Besides... would be pretty impressive if you'd rendered an image with your items already!I did mine was the one above that post. I'm thinking of doing another with the same items like you put in the rules. Different theme this time though.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Jaderail said:

No, as long as you've posted them here first, share away. Every post has a date and time, so I'm not worried. Besides... would be pretty impressive if you'd rendered an image with your items already!

I did mine was the one above that post. I'm thinking of doing another with the same items like you put in the rules. Different theme this time though.

Fantastic! That's the idea of this contest -- creativity! :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited July 2012

My contest entry, coming up! (I also have a secondary contest entry idea, hopefully I will have time to do it...)

I pulled the following items:
    1. Aiden for M5
    2. Full & Feathered Hair for Genesis
    3. GIS for Genesis Male
    4. Wyvern 2.0
    5. Genesis Creature Creator Bundle

Additional items used:
    Ancient Book from DAZ freebies (sorry, I do not know who made it, as it does not seem to contain creator info, and freebie site is down)
    Jepe's PlateZ (effect on the floor, wyvern breath) by Jepe.
    Free RDNA Atmospherics: Fog by Traveler.
    Furify: Fur Shaders for the loincloth and vest (vest itself is GIS for Genesis Male) by Marieah and 3DLust.
    Loincloth is from Cheyenne for M4 by Ravenhair.
    Axe is from The FREAK 4 Weapons by Predatron.
    The stage and mostly-unseen other areas are made out of primitives, and shaded with Eva1's Wood Shaders for DAZ Studio.
    The microphone comes from a freebie by thegoodtaste at Rendo.
    Astral for GIS by Moyra used for spicing up the basic GIS for Genesis Male.

A larger version of the picture can be seen at my DeviantArt site.

Storytime!

A hair metal revival in 2012? Well, sure, why not! The previously moderately successful, but now mostly forgotten Blind Ozelot band started its gig somewhere in god-forgotten Mid-Western town, in a concert hall that looked like it had been a barn up until two weeks ago. To spice things up and give gossip rags and blogs something to talk about, the lead singer "Betty" Smith decided to urge the gathered audience to chant after him, as he read plain mumbojumbo off some book that claimed to be an authentic book of spells -- a spell for strength, power, fame and ferocity.

He did not expect it to work. He did not expect a rift between worlds, and above all, he did not expect his otherworldly twin to show up. As one stagehand -- an avid gamer -- later put it, "It was like looking at a half-orc version of Betty."

There were screams, sparks, uncontrollable bursts of magic, and finally, darkness and dead silence and when the lights came back, the stage was empty -- no book, no Betty, no screaming wyvern, nor a rider on top of it, not even a drop of blood. All that remained was one final reel of film, and one memorable frame on it.

Everyone agreed that it would make a spiffy CD sleeve cover.

SH-Blind_Ozelot_800px.jpg
    777 x 800 - 362K
    Post edited by Skiriki on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited July 2012

I love this one, Skiriki! Very good render, and literally made me laugh out loud! :lol: It would make a good CD cover...might be worth turning it into one in postwork, just for fun...? :)

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Maaaaayyyyyybe... ;) Won't promise anything, but I'll look into it.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,070
    edited July 2012

Coming a little late to the party...my draw is:

Page 1 - 3rd from bottom = Aged for V4/M4 (by DAZ 3D)
    Dot-Dot - 7th from top = Gabriel Hair (by AprilYSH)
    Middle page (23) middle item = Lisa's Botanicals - Wisteria (by Lisa Buckalew)
    Last page, last item = Young Teens Morph Pack (by DAZ 3D)
    Birthdays numbers "19" - page 19 item = Gorgon Hallway (by Redhouse Studios)

First attempt:

A Day Out With Grandma

It is a sunny Spring weekend and Grandma has taken the kids off their parents' hands for the day.

Created in DAZ Studio 4 Pro
    Also used:
    Victoria 4 figure (to use Aged for V4)
    Millennium Kids - Young Teens Luke and Laura figures (to use YT Morph Pack)
    Woodelves for Luke and Laura (by Luthbel) - clothes for the children
    Everyday 1930 for V4 (by Ravenhair) - clothes for Grandma

Scav-Hunt-Jul2012-A_Day_Out_With_Grandma.jpg
    800 x 800 - 414K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
    edited December 1969

Just a reminder that today is July 27th and contest entries must be submitted by midnight (CST) on July 31.

Love what I'm seeing so far. Carry on!

• flashbackflashback Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I just went through my order history and this is what I got: (total items 878, 50 per page- 18 pages)
    #1 Artemis X by ElorOnceDark
    #2 TRX1080 Armor for the Brute Mighty_Mestophales and midnight_stories
    #3 Leatherize by Marieah
    #4 B-day 4-24-65, so page 4 I chose Dark Places Sewer 2k9 Stonemason
    #5 Zubarra (of course) from DinoRaul

I'll have to see if I can do this over the weekend, should be fun!

edited December 1969

My second image - as before, the draw was:

Page 1 - 3rd from bottom = Aged for V4/M4 (by DAZ 3D)
    Dot-Dot - 7th from top = Gabriel Hair (by AprilYSH)
    Middle page (23) middle item = Lisa's Botanicals - Wisteria (by Lisa Buckalew)
    Last page, last item = Young Teens Morph Pack (by DAZ 3D)
    Birthdays numbers "19" - page 19 item = Gorgon Hallway (by Redhouse Studios)

Lesson Over

As the afternoon wears on, Brother Michael watches as the final few children leave class for the day.

Created and rendered in DAZ Studio 4 Pro
    Also used:
    Michael 4 figure (to use Aged for M4)
    Millennium Kids - Young Teens Luke and Laura figures (to use YT Morph Pack)
    Woodelves for Luke and Laura (by Luthbel) - clothes for the children
    Angelic Dynamic Robe for M4 (by Khory and Optitex) - clothes for M4
    1 Click M4 Brows (by Marieah)
    Fabricator, Silkessence, MachPack and Ye Olde Clothe Shaders (by Marieah and Teresa Tyllo) - used on all the clothing
    Bridge of Pontus (by Redhouse Studios) - balustrades in the background
    Skies of Reality (by Dimension Theory) - skydome in the background

Scav-Hunt-Jul2012-Lesson_Over.jpg
    800 x 600 - 457K
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited August 2012

A great idea for those continually short on creativity - thank you KaribousBoutique!!

UPD 02.08.2012: larger version here @ dA http://mustakettu85.deviantart.com/art/Turning-tables-318537126

My scavenged items:

1. Accent Tables
    2. GRaver (for M4's Dark Thorn, also comes with a character morph)
    3. Michael's Changing Fantasy Suit Textures-Drow Defender (for M2, so it means two characters in the scene)
    4. Yukimi (Stone Lantern)
    5. High Fantasy: Scenes & Props Bundle (off page 18, my birthday) - choosing the bridge scene with the tree

So I loaded those tables, took a long hard look at them, out of sheer boredom tried putting them on top of one another... And then the Mad God apparently possessed me =)

Disclaimer: there is no actual Drows in the picture, and no Dunmeri, even. Just a generic Dark Elf of no particular franchise.

The story is as follows:

There was a woman who once fell in love with a Dark Elf and bore a son. The boy's childhood wasn't particularly happy since no one in the village, his mother included, was particularly happy to see a Dark Elf bastard around, and he grew up rather neglected. As soon as a temple of a god of mercy would accept him, he got sent away. He's now doing all sorts of menial jobs for the temple, like transporting magical holy relics here and there and back again. Not a bad job by all means - he's been given fancy clothing, and the deadlines aren't tight, so there's plenty of time to just gawk around at the countryside, - and this is what he does a lot because after a while, this job tends to be boring... Why can't those relics with all theirs magics just float to wherever they are wanted, by themselves? All those stories about unscrupulous adventurers who would do anything to get their hands on one must be total rubbish.

Other stuff used for the render:

- M4++ & M2
    - Astro character for M2 by 3Dream (rendo) - with a diffuse tint to make him a Dark Elf
    - M4 Standard Res textures
    - Short Hair by Adam Thwaites (most-digital-creations)
    - Magic Carpet by Adam Thwaites (most-digital-creations freebie)
    - IN River Cottage by winnston1984 (rendo) - for the river and the skydome, the skydome texture also used for IBL with UE
    - 4Eyes Yet More Ground by ColonelPanic (rendo freebie) //forgot this at first, it's underwater =)//
    - UberSurface2 shader by omnifreaker
    - Sha's Shader presets (freebie) for the texture used in the tree bark material (not that you can see it well)

Tech specs:

- DS3A: 3Delight engine
    - Lighting: UE2 (AO + directional shadows) + shader mixer distant light with a DSM, 160 shadow samples
    - Paint.NET for noise map generation and other texture altering
    - IrfanView to resize+sharpen the render to the forum limit of 800 px and to convert it to JPG

river_fin_st_800.jpg
    600 x 800 - 211K
    Post edited by Mustakettu85 on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,441
    edited December 1969

My second image from this pull!

Totte said:
    I'm in!
    I got:
    #1 Achilles Hair for Michael 3
    #2 Greeble City Blocks 2
    #3 M3 Fantasy Collar Set
    #4 Zoey for Victoria 5
    #5 Jepes Double Feature Clive and Dax

Additional items used:
    V5
    Causal Afternoon for Genesis
    Sickleyield classics - Shoes
    Shader - Fabricator
    Cheyenne Poses
    Genesis
    Zac Hair
    On The Farm
    Neighbour's Yard
    Sky Backdrop from GCTextures
    Lights: FW Serene Scene

Not now! Can't you see I'm doing my Pilates!

pilates_800.jpg
    800 x 800 - 181K
    edited December 1969

Just a reminder that contest entries must be submitted by midnight (CST) TODAY, July 31.

I'm excited to see the contest entries -- but I'm not looking forward to judging them, lol! :D

• flashbackflashback Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

Aw man!! I got side-tracked with another project and totally forgot about this. Crud!
    Well, good luck everyone.

edit to add: This is what I was working on if anyone is interested (total render time 12 hours.)
    http://flashback37.deviantart.com/#/d59c5iz

Post edited by flashback on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited July 2012

1. Ashley for M5
    2. The Forest Whispers
    3. Lisa's Botanicals Palm Trees
    4. Woodland Warriors
    5. M5 Pro Bundle

When you consider that Ashley has an elf ear morph, I feel like I must have won some kind of random number lottery.

While most elven cultures are renowned for their formidable archers, the human tribesmen of the Ulu Jungle insist that their elven neighbors' spearwomen are more to be feared. It is unknown whether this is due to the prowess of the spearwomen, or for some other reason...

Used Ashley's textures and morphs on both figures. The female is mostly V5 and Tamesis, though. From the Michael 5 Pro Bundle, I used Michael 5, Pure Hair Sleek, and Pure Hair Classic. I was going to add more to the scene, but ran out of time. Also features: Multiplane Cyclorama, Heart of the Forest, V5 Fantasy Poses, Spears of Destiny.

ashley-elf1a.jpg
    618 x 800 - 460K
    Post edited by Scott Livingston on
  • DragonBurnDragonBurn Posts: 9
    edited July 2012

I only saw this TODAY (7/31), so I'm glad I could squeeze it in. This is the first contest I've entered in almost 3 years.
    Here are my scavenger items:
    Total Items = 1768
    Total Pages (50 per page) = 36
    ---------------------
    Pg 1, 3rd up = Abraxus by Danie & Marforno
    2 clicks, 7th down = LaSombra Hair by 3D Universe
    Middle Item (# 26 on Pg 18) = Luminous Foxy by Raiya
    Last Item on Last Page = Zubarra by DinoRaul
    Birthday Item (Pg 31) = The Freak 4 Pro Bundle - I used the Freak 4 by Sarsa & Skywolfe and the Brock Character for Freak 4 by Morris from the bundle.

Additional item(s)
    Foxy Hair by Valea - kind of necessitated by drawing Luminous Foxy, which could only BE used with Foxy Hair.
    Technically, Michael 4 by DAZ, since I needed that to load the Freak 4.

Our Barbarian has been hammered in the head once too often (note the glassy, slightly crossed eyes), as he's slapped a wig on his pet and named it his concubine.
    NO postwork, rendered in DAZ Studio 3 Advanced 64 bit

Scav-hunt1.jpg
    1356 x 662 - 695K
    Post edited by DragonBurn on
    edited December 1969

flashback said:
    Aw man!! I got side-tracked with another project and totally forgot about this. Crud!
    Well, good luck everyone.

edit to add: This is what I was working on if anyone is interested (total render time 12 hours.)
    http://flashback37.deviantart.com/#/d59c5iz

WOW. That's a good reason to miss a deadline. Shows that every minute of the 12 hour render was worth it! I'll have to check out more of your gallery there. I've got all my stuff on dA, too, so feel free to check it out. :)
    edited December 1969

Okay, folks! Deadline has passed. If anyone hasn't squeaked in yet, I'll do my final entry screening tomorrow at about 8:30 CST. I'm swamped tomorrow and Thursday, but I expect to have the winner (and perhaps honorable mentions) posted on Friday, barring any more sick children, flooded basements, koolaid explosions in the kitchens, or emergency babysitting issues. (It's been one of THOSE weeks...)

You've made my job very hard! The creativity and unique ideas shown sometimes made me laugh, other times made me think, and always made me interested. My only complaint (not with any of you!) is that the new forums don't allow for clicking on the small view to see the fullsized picture. The details in every one of these entries intrigued me. If anyone would like to post a link to a full-view posted elsewhere (deviantArt, Rendo or RDNA galleries, personal web page or photo hosting) edit your entries and add a link before Friday. Image resolution will NOT affect the outcome of the results. I'd just like to see everything you worked for!

Thanks, all, for participating. I may do this again when the forums are fixed and new replies put the thread back on top of the heap. :lol:

-Kari

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

Thank you, and I added the link to the original size @ my dA gallery

edited December 1969

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for...

WINNERS!

Judging this was much harder than I thought it would be!! Every entry was creative. As a result, I've decided to give everyone who submitted an entry ALL the items from my renderosity and Former Content Paradise store. (Which, sadly, isn't much!) This includes two M4 characters, a set of steampunk jewelry for V4 and textures for 3D-Age's Leisure (http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/leisure/78504) and Hongyu's SG-3 Tshirt (http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/hongyus-sg3-t-shirt/79081) The textures obviously aren't useful if you don't own the product. But they're yours if you want them.

So, that said, in FIRST PLACE, and winner of a $25 DAZ gift certificate and any one product (excluding bundles) from Firstbastion’s storefront here at DAZ...

Mustakettu85!

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=4&aid=11289_XY0bSPhDJxWOkVgIu41L&board_id=1
    Scavenged items:
    1. Accent Tables
    2. GRaver (for M4’s Dark Thorn, also comes with a character morph)
    3. Michael’s Changing Fantasy Suit Textures-Drow Defender (for M2, so it means two characters in the scene)
    4. Yukimi (Stone Lantern)
    5. High Fantasy: Scenes & Props Bundle (off page 18, my birthday) - choosing the bridge scene with the tree

I loved the dynamic, action-packed mood in the scene -- and the use of those end tables was ingenious! Great story, clever idea, and perfectly executed. I'm not going to lie, I giggle every time I look at this closely!

And, because there were so many great entries, I've decided to throw two honorable mentions out there. These contestants will receive a $5 DAZ gift certificate from me.

Honorable Mentions:

Totte
    http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=4&aid=11304_8cWg4ejFXMEKbuNITMUX&board_id=1
    #1 Achilles Hair for Michael 3
    #2 Greeble City Blocks 2
    #3 M3 Fantasy Collar Set
    #4 Zoey for Victoria 5
    #5 Jepes Double Feature Clive and Dax

Not only was this technically lovely, the image really makes you do a double take when you see it! When I finally figured out where the Greeble City Blocks were, I laughed at the clever use of this item. Very creative!

Skiriki
    http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=4&aid=10861_li7LqI1JZtUy3JsNkTX6&board_id=1
    1. Aiden for M5
    2. Full & Feathered Hair for Genesis
    3. GIS for Genesis Male
    4. Wyvern 2.0
    5. Genesis Creature Creator Bundle

It was the story that really pulled me into this one! As someone who lives in the midwest and is currently in the heart of has-been music festival season, the image and the idea behind it completely tickled me! Great job!

All prizes may be claimed by PMing me.
    (Mustakettu85, you will also need to PM Firstbastion.)

Thank you, one and all, for showing your creativity and having a little fun with the *cough* "improved" itemized order history!

edited December 1969

Congratulations to Mustakettu85, Totte and Skiriki.

And thanks to KaribousBoutique for running the contest.

edited August 2012

Well done Mustakettu85, Totte and Skiriki. Well deserved also, very good work from you all. I also think all the renders were fun and great ideas.

I second the Thank You too KaribousBoutique for holding the contest. I enjoyed it. I wish my health would have let me do another render.

Post edited by Jaderail on