Screensaver for Carrara scenes?

windyplayerwindyplayer Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Does anyone know of a screensaver app that will display a Carrara scene, or a scene that Carrara will export?
I'd like to build a scene with animations and then display it as a screensaver.
Thanks,
wp

Comments

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know of a screensaver app that will display a Carrara scene, or a scene that Carrara will export?
    I'd like to build a scene with animations and then display it as a screensaver.
    Thanks,
    wp

On OSX you can use QuartzComposer (part of Xtools) to build a screensaver that uses video, particles, RSS feed, and some rudimentary 3D...

I don't know an option on Windows.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,795
    edited December 1969

If you google screensaver creator software there will be lots of choices available for PC

that will handle photos/images, flash files etc..

• windyplayerwindyplayer Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Stezza said:
    If you google screensaver creator software there will be lots of choices available for PC

that will handle photos/images, flash files etc..

Yes; but I'm looking for one that will take one of the standard animated 3D formats. A format that Carrara can export. Maybe time for someone to write one. The more ways to use 3D eye candy the better, right?
    - wp
  • GSSEVGSSEV Posts: 32
    edited December 1969

Hi, There is a free app called DXstudio. You can imort fbx, directx or collada straight into it. It has a save as a screensaver option so it should play an animated 3d scene as a screensaver. You have to watch how much polys/textures you use as it is like a game engine.
    It is very user friendly to use.
    link:
    http://www.dxstudio.com/index.aspx

Cheers
    Graeme

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,209
    edited December 1969

gssev said:
    Hi, There is a free app called DXstudio. You can imort fbx, directx or collada straight into it. It has a save as a screensaver option so it should play an animated 3d scene as a screensaver. You have to watch how much polys/textures you use as it is like a game engine.
    It is very user friendly to use.
    link:
    http://www.dxstudio.com/index.aspx

Cheers
    Graeme

Awesome, gssev! Thanks for the tips and the link!