DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.2.120, General Release, Now Available for Download!

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited April 2014

Are you getting any kind of error message? I just installed mine with DIM

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I Did as well. All looks fine... But was hoping for other stuff in this Version than is posted in the INFO. Oh well...

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Me too, but I updated DIM first, and DS installed with no problems.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Sorry, something was interfering with the installation. I rebooted my computer and the update installed just fine.

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Still can't launch interactive lessons - tells me it needs 8 files from Genesis 2 starter essentials, which I have and are correctly installed by DIM :(

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited April 2014

...can't download because the update for the DIM crashed and took a number of operational files plus the desktop icon with it. There wasn't even a log file left behind so I could try and determine what went wrong or submit a bug report..

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...can't download because the update for the DIM crashed and took a number of operational files plus the desktop icon with it. There wasn't even a log file left behind so I could try and determine what went wrong or submit a bug report..

I've never seen that one. You can snag Install Manager from your product library and run the installer.
    edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    Still can't launch interactive lessons - tells me it needs 8 files from Genesis 2 starter essentials, which I have and are correctly installed by DIM :(

Do you have the DAZ Studio default content installed as well?
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Holy Moley!

Another so soon! LOL! I must have used 118 about twice! Ah well, I'll go and get this one and see what's what. Knowing my luck there will be another new version out before I get to install DS on my new machine, mind you, I haven't even bought the hard drive it's going on yet!

CHEERS!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

This is strange. I have been using .118 for a while and this thread is dated 11 February but I never saw any sign of .120 in DIM until today...it's like being in the Twilight Zone. Anyhoo all is well and went smoothly. Thanks Guys.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

My copy is all in and functioning as it should, no nasty surprises....... yet! Though I'll leave it till the new machine is up and running before I delve any further.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    This is strange. I have been using .118 for a while and this thread is dated 11 February but I never saw any sign of .120 in DIM until today...it's like being in the Twilight Zone. Anyhoo all is well and went smoothly. Thanks Guys.

It is the same thread as the 118 thread. :) We just spruced it up, changed the nameplate and hoped you wouldn't notice. :)

edited December 1969

LOL got to get up early to fool me. That is good to know as I thought I was going loopy. :P

• ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910
    edited December 1969

Szark said:

It is the same thread as the 118 thread. :) We just spruced it up, changed the nameplate and hoped you wouldn't notice. :)

I noticed because of the length of the thread. I was trying to figure out if it was so old and had SO many pages, how did I miss the update in DIM. I pull up DIM at least once a week, so I was confused. At least my confusion is now resolved. (for the moment)

edited December 1969

now if I used logic I would have figured it out, man I need a vacation

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

:roll:
    :roll:
    :ohh:

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

Just installed the update. I had the Weight Map tool icon on the top toolbar between the Joint Editor & the Polygon Group Editor as I use it a lot. Now it has disappeared, and although I can find it in Tools, I would like it back where it was.

Can someone tell me how to put it back please?

edited December 1969

If I revert back to City Limits the Weight map brush returns, looks like I will have to redo my layout and Save again.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

It's OK, my son has just managed to get the icon back for me.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited April 2014

Kyoto Kid said:

I've never seen that one. You can snag Install Manager from your product library and run the installer.
    ...actually did a little more investigating this morning and for some reason the update to 1.1.0.7 never went through properly as the log file still showed the previous build (1.0.1.115) but the process deleted a lot of DIM files and several DIM folders. In viewing the logfile.txt there were a number of error messages relating to the various components of the new 4.6 build that indicated all were "Public Release [Beta}" which were labelled as "Invalid Products" .

After that, the DIM crashed and exited.

I had to manually install the DIM after the previous update (1.0.1.115) crashed and disappeared in a similar fashion and am wondering if by doing so, something was corrupted somewhere.

Apparently it seems something with the uninstall function of the update isn't working quite right. Not sure f I have to manually delete what is there for the DIM before installing (the uninstaller folder is empty).

Here's a link to the post I just made in the DIM update thread that explains more.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/588948/

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147
    edited December 1969

There is an error in the new Dagger Dancer interactive tutorial. The text says to use Right Fingers Squeeze, but the arrow points to Right Fingers Grasp.

edited December 1969

Am I missing a tutorial here?

I have Barefoot Dancer, but no Dagger Dancer, is Barefoot Dancer the one you mean?

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

I think I'm having a loss of functionality since last several versions, and it still persist in 4.6.2.120
    Previously (at least in DS 3 and in earlier versions of DS 4) I could select several bodyparts, say, both r/l Thigh bones or bones in long rigged scarf, and bend/twist/side-side them simultaneously, but since at least 4.6.1.33 only the first bone of selected reacts to the dials.
    In the same vein, previously I was able to select a bunch of clothes and Fit To them to figure all at once, and now only first of selected bunch fits, the rest has to be fit one-by-one.
    This happens with weightmapped figures (Genesis) and with classical rigging (Hiro 3 tested).

Is that a known issue or I'm the only one who encounters it?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,813
    edited December 1969

Dagger Dance should be available in DIM, or in your Product Library if you don't use DIM. It's a separate download.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,813
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    I think I'm having a loss of functionality since last several versions, and it still persist in 4.6.2.120
    Previously (at least in DS 3 and in earlier versions of DS 4) I could select several bodyparts, say, both r/l Thigh bones or bones in long rigged scarf, and bend/twist/side-side them simultaneously, but since at least 4.6.1.33 only the first bone of selected reacts to the dials.
    In the same vein, previously I was able to select a bunch of clothes and Fit To them to figure all at once, and now only first of selected bunch fits, the rest has to be fit one-by-one.
    This happens with weightmapped figures (Genesis) and with classical rigging (Hiro 3 tested).

Open the Parameters (or Posing if that's what you use) pane's option menu and make sure that you don't have both Consolidate Properties and Display Separate Items checked. If you do that will produce the behaviour you see.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited April 2014

Kattey said:

Open the Parameters (or Posing if that's what you use) pane's option menu and make sure that you don't have both Consolidate Properties and Display Separate Items checked. If you do that will produce the behaviour you see.
    Thanks, Richard. I use Parameters, and the only things I have checked there are: Display Hidden Properties, Display Separate Items and Display Followers (so no Consolidate Properties are checked). I've checked a Posing tab just in case and again, I only have Display Separate Items and Display Followers checked there.

(added) Hm. Unchecking Display Separate Items in _Posing_ tab without checking Consolidate Items returns it to normal behaviour (one dial, but all bodyparts are affected).
    Unchecking Display Separate Items in _Parameters_ separates dials when I multi-select bodyparts, so I need to use 'Consolidate Items' in Parameters. Which solved it. Thanks for pointing me in a right direction :)

Post edited by Kattey on
  • launoklaunok Posts: 782
    edited December 1969

I had no idea that the new release was out, 4.6.2.120, and had quickly downloaded it now. Can you please tell me if the Genesis Essentials packs for Gen1 and Gen2 had to be re-downloaded or can I still use the ones which was released with 4.6.2.118? And the other files, such as GoZ, etc - anything changed on these as well?

Thanks

edited December 1969

launok said:
    I had no idea that the new release was out, 4.6.2.120, and had quickly downloaded it now. Can you please tell me if the Genesis Essentials packs for Gen1 and Gen2 had to be re-downloaded or can I still use the ones which was released with 4.6.2.118? And the other files, such as GoZ, etc - anything changed on these as well?

Thanks

There have been no updates to Genesis or G2 since the last version that I know of. I use DIM, so they would show up there.
  • launoklaunok Posts: 782
    edited December 1969

launok said:

Thanks

There have been no updates to Genesis or G2 since the last version that I know of. I use DIM, so they would show up there.

Thanks Jimmy, just save me unnecessary download time. I have downloaded those manually last time.

edited December 1969

Dagger Dance should be available in DIM, or in your Product Library if you don't use DIM. It's a separate download.

I use DIM, and it is not available there.

In my Product Library, there is only the Mac version of the Interactive Lessons available, but it doesn't say which ones they are