(Released) Jacobean English Dining Table Set (Commercial)

Scorpio87Scorpio87 Posts: 82
edited August 2020 in Daz PA Commercial Products

**UPDATE: Released

Introduction: Jacobean is a style of furniture popular during the early 17th century England when the Scottish King, James VI took the throne of England during the unison between the two countries in 1603-1625. Art and style shifted as the two united under one king, Jacobean furniture was one of the key shifts that later inspired Charles II in the mid to late 17th century. In all Jacobean furniture such as the side and end chairs are their notable perpendicular legs to the tapered recessed seating. Another key feature was the smooth square rear legs with Lathed Frontal legs. With an angled back support, arch, and crown; a Bas relief would be carved into the backing depending on the region and family.

The Jacobean English Table spans 8 and a half feet long with the width of 3 feet, and 32 inches in height. Surrounding the table, are a set of 8 chairs; 6 side chairs, and 2 end chairs with the height of 39 inches. These chairs were popular in England and Scotland and would be seen in the long dining rooms in Manor Estates. The residents and guests would partake in formal and festive dinner parties taking in all the English grandeur.

This set includes: 1 Dining table, 1 end chair, 1 side chair with 3 level of detail materials. Each material preset 1K, 4K, Ultra 4K lossless, allowing a varied scene requirement from far away shot, to very close ups.

Post edited by Scorpio87 on

Comments

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,315

These are works of art. 

Cheers,

Alex.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Wow!

• Scorpio87Scorpio87 Posts: 82

These are works of art. 

Cheers,

Alex.

Sigurd said:

Wow!

OMG you guys, you just made me cry! crying(Tears of joy)

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

They look awesome, but need some beveling on the edges.

nicstt said:

They look awesome, but need some beveling on the edges.

Yeah, Rendering with texture smoothing in DS takes care of alot of the beveling. The images you see here are without texture smoothing. I first experimented using DS smoothing to give a rounder look on the edges in attempt to minimize the poly count. I might Bevel the edges for the seat and side supports in vertex. Thanks ! Great comment!

• lana_lasslana_lass Posts: 518
    edited June 2020

Holy...

Sunglasses At Night GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

The research and time you have put into this set is evident  @Joanght . BRAVO!! I have a friend who is heir presumptive to a Dukedom and whose family were at the height of their political power during the Jacobian period in Scotland, so his family home is full of this sort of furniture. Thinking of those pieces, the tone of the wood you have created in your artwork is bang on and to an even greater extent the waxy/thick oil varnish appearance you've placed on the detailing -- you've captured that so perfectly (although thankfully not its smell lol)! The spindals on the chair might be a little factory perfect in their sharp cut, BUT obviously the chairs I've sat on have been hundreds of years old lol so perhaps they were very sharp/perfect like this when first made smiley I don't know. You've done an incredible job with this in any case. You should be so proud! 

Post edited by lana_lass on
    lana_lass said:

Holy...

Sunglasses At Night GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

The research and time you have put into this set is evident  @Joanght . BRAVO!! I have a friend who is heir presumptive to a Dukedom and whose family were at the height of their political power during the Jacobian period in Scotland, so his family home is full of this sort of furniture. Thinking of those pieces, the tone of the wood you have created in your artwork is bang on and to an even greater extent the waxy/thick oil varnish appearance you've placed on the detailing -- you've captured that so perfectly (although thankfully not its smell lol)! The spindals on the chair might be a little factory perfect in their sharp cut, BUT obviously the chairs I've sat on have been hundreds of years old lol so perhaps they were very sharp/perfect like this when first made smiley I don't know. You've done an incredible job with this in any case. You should be so proud! 

Oh my gosh thank you so much. And that is such an incredible story! I am so happy you said I am bang on the finish! That was so much fun to paint! Here are images of my table set I based my inspiration around I have in my house. :D
    20200613_143700_HDR.jpg
    4656 x 3492 - 4M
    20200613_143724_HDR.jpg
    4656 x 3492 - 5M
    20200614_054335.jpg
    2328 x 1744 - 2M

**UPDATE to coming soon**

Please see opening post #1 for new information.

Thank you,

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,142

Instabuy :)

AllenArt said:

Instabuy :)

Instayey! XD

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,960

very nicely done

• Cool. I hope on sale as soon as possible 

I have been making some last minute corrections and adding several new (non historical) material presets to the chairs and table. It will be available very soon! I am excited to see how well it does hehe.

update #2 FInal update before commercial release.

Added 18 new presets - totaling 27 material presets - (3 different surfaces in 3 resolution details per object).

Jacobean English Dining Table Set_Popup_04.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 520K
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

Excellent. Into the cart!

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

In my runtime, all four files!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

The product page only says 3Delight materials.  I assume it has both Iray and 3delight materials?

• The product page only says 3Delight materials.  I assume it has both Iray and 3delight materials?

Yes, there are Iray materials. 

This set is so beautiful done. All that attention to detail...Excellent work, Scorpio87!

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750
    edited August 2020

I ran into one issue, so few items of clothing for the Jacobean period! So scratch that. This lovely table and chairs (I love how they load off kilter, like just shoved any which way) in a room waiting. Only a cat to watch over it.

My thanks to Scorpio87 for the time and effort you put into these pieces of art.

Mary

Click below for full size.

Family Treasures Preserved II.png
    1618 x 1000 - 2M
    Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    GlenWebb said:

The product page only says 3Delight materials.  I assume it has both Iray and 3delight materials?

This set is so beautiful done. All that attention to detail...Excellent work, Scorpio87!

Both Iray and 3Delight?

• GlenWebb said:

Haha thank you guys so so so much for the lovely words and encouragement.

Regarding the 3Delight I need to contact daz3d to have that corrected, it should read Iray Materials , not 3Delight. Furthermore I rendered in both Iray and 3Delight and they both look amazing lol so they just need to correct the desc and add Iray I guess XD

I am in the works in making more furniture , stay tuned! also I am always in love of just the modeling if if y'all have any ideas , drop me a PM/DM via messaging!

Thanks,

Scorpio87

I ran into one issue, so few items of clothing for the Jacobean period! So scratch that. This lovely table and chairs (I love how they load off kilter, like just shoved any which way) in a room waiting. Only a cat to watch over it.

My thanks to Scorpio87 for the time and effort you put into these pieces of art.

Mary

Click below for full size.

owo that looks amazing! Whos tables are those! I want them! XD

• GlenWebb said:

Both Iray and 3Delight?

Yes it runs in Iray , and 3delight , however the product desc is confusing and does not state Iray. I need to have Daz3d to get that corrected.