dforce "start bones from memorized pose" but for select figures only?

For most of my dforce puposes that require me to for instance drape a dress over a piece of furniture for a sitting figure, "start bones from memorized pose" works fine, even if the "memorized pose" it starts from is usually not quite the pose I memorized (the translations and rotations are often off by quite a margin, but with a fiddling with the pose I memorize, I can usually get it to an acceptable starting point for my dforce sim). 

However, the problem I have right now is that what I want to drape some clothes worn by one character onto another character, and not onto a static piece of furniture, and fiddling two starting poses to be "acceptable" isn't getting me the results I need.

So I'm wondering, is there a way to explicitly exclude some objects with bones to "start bones from memorized pose" during a dforce sim run, while letting other do so?

And if not, is there a way I can easily, eh... de-bone an object with bones, and prevent it from participating in that way?

Comments

• Eh, never mind, I think I just answered my own question: Edit->Figure->Rigging->Convert figure to prop.

• Memorising won't take on the state of the figure node's rotations and transations, it may be that you just need to move those onto the hip to have everything work. I'm not aware of a way to do exacty what you want.

• Cheers. Is there an easy way to move the figure node's transforms onto the hip node transforms?

• Not buillt-in, I'm not sure if there's a script to do it (I think there was some discussion in the scripting forum at one point).

• PhatmartinoPhatmartino Posts: 287
    edited July 2020

@naughtyroad I might be missing something, but any chance the answer could be as simple as having "Start Bones from Memorized Position" ON, and Select the Garment(s) you want to Simulate on the Character you're able to get a Memerized Pose to sort of work for, and instead of just hitting the Simulate Button, in the Simulation Tab, hitting the Three Line "Hamburger" dropdown and choosing "Simulate Selected"?

I use this all the time for almost the same reason, just not absolutely positive if it will stop other Figures from doing the Memorized Pose thing...

Post edited by Phatmartino on
  • Phatmartino said:

@naughtyroad I might be missing something, but any chance the answer could be as simple as having "Start Bones from Memorized Position" ON, and Select the Garment(s) you want to Simulate on the Character you're able to get a Memerized Pose to sort of work for, and instead of just hitting the Simulate Button, in the Simulation Tab, hitting the Three Line "Hamburger" dropdown and choosing "Simulate Selected"?

I use this all the time for almost the same reason, just not absolutely positive if it will stop other Figures from doing the Memorized Pose thing...

Thanks for replying (a good while back I might add, the notifications on the forum don't really jump out at you :D ), and while it wasn't what I was looking for (convert figure to prop will do nicely to prevent a rigged object from participating in a Start bones form Memorized Pose run, you kinda blew my mind as I never knew that option you mentioned existed, or indeed that menu, and I've been toggling the simulate freeze buttons on and off on various objects all this time. Neat timesaver, cheers.