(Released) dForce Tracy Hair for G8F [Commercial]

ToyenToyen Posts: 1,861
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

That looks really good. I look forward to trying it out.

• ToyenToyen Posts: 1,861

Thanks! :)

Nice for retro scenes.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Curious, can the hair band be removed or made transparent? Without that, it could seem an ideal match for Lana Kane's 'Archer' hair (which I ideally need for G3F, but should hopefully be able to retro-fit over).

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

Thanks for that hair!

edited July 2020

@Servin @nonesuch00 Glad you guys like it! :)

@Xenomorphine you can always hide the hair band in the scene tab or even delete it as it is a seperate object. It will have no effect on the simulation (the hair does not collide with it during sim on purpose) but it will probably not look ideal since the hairstyle was designed with a hair band in mind. 

Post edited by Toyen on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

Reminded me of one of my favorite songs... Groove is in the Heart!

Oso3D said:

Reminded me of one of my favorite songs... Groove is in the Heart!

It reminds me of every other girl in my grade school.

Toyen said:

@Servin @nonesuch00 Glad you guys like it! :)

@Xenomorphine you can always hide the hair band in the scene tab or even delete it as it is a seperate object. It will have no effect on the simulation (the hair does not collide with it during sim on purpose) but it will probably not look ideal since the hairstyle was designed with a hair band in mind. 

Interesting!

Could someone please post a close-up test of what the hair looks like with the band transparent (preferably also retrofitted on G3F)?

@Xenomorphine

Here's a quick test for you. Autofitted to Eva 7, after simulating the current frame.

One usage tip though. If you want to auto fit the hair to G3F you will no longer be able to use the Hiearchical Material Presets since they only work on G8F.

So if you wish to change the color of the hair and scalp on G3F you will have to copy/paste it manually from the G8F version.

quicktest1.png
    1200 x 600 - 879K

Looks like a match! I'd just have to mirror the eventual image in Photoshop, to get the parting on the character's usual side:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d6/52/ad/d652ad1828fd3c5228a4674941cd9ff8.png

I'm not familiar with hiearchical material presets. Could you clarify? And how would I go about copy and pasting the hair/scalp colours?

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    Toyen said:

@Xenomorphine

Here's a quick test for you. Autofitted to Eva 7, after simulating the current frame.

One usage tip though. If you want to auto fit the hair to G3F you will no longer be able to use the Hiearchical Material Presets since they only work on G8F.

So if you wish to change the color of the hair and scalp on G3F you will have to copy/paste it manually from the G8F version.

I've not had TOO Much experience with Hierarchical Materials, but would it apply if you select the hair itself and then apply the H.Mats?

@Xenomorphine @Divamakeup Unfortunately that only works when the hair is used on G8F since that's how the H.Mats were saved.

So have a G8F figure in the scene with the hair ready. Apply the desired color, select the hair, go to 'Surfaces' tab and copy/paste all the surfaces from the G8F version to the auto-fitted G3F version.

Then do the same for the scalp.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited July 2020
    Toyen said:

@Xenomorphine @Divamakeup Unfortunately that only works when the hair is used on G8F since that's how the H.Mats were saved.

So have a G8F figure in the scene with the hair ready. Apply the desired color, select the hair, go to 'Surfaces' tab and copy/paste all the surfaces from the G8F version to the auto-fitted G3F version.

Then do the same for the scalp.

Oh that's a bummer that H.Mats won't work that way with the main object selected. The workaround doesn't sound too bad though. :)

The hair looks great, Toyen! The hairline and part look particularly nice (it's hard to get hairlines and parts to look natural, I think, but you did it!) - you did beautiful work. 

Post edited by 3Diva on

@Divamakeup Thanks a lot Diva! ♥

• Can anybody show me and example of the hair with the BackLonger parameter at its longest setting? I don't think the ad showed it at any other length and the default is too short for what I'm looking for. But if the BackLonger gets it to where it works for me then I may be in business. Thanks!

Hello there! Here's the comparison :)

tracy_cmp.png
    800 x 520 - 620K
  • Toyen said:

Hello there! Here's the comparison :)

Thanks for the quick reply. Saddly, still too short to work for my project. Thanks for the much appreciated help. Love your work!  :)