DAZ: will we get a 64bit Hexagon version for Mac and PC ?

Luftsturmregiment40Luftsturmregiment40 Posts: 328
edited May 2018 in Hexagon Discussion

PIN THIS

maybe others feel the same that Hexagon needs to go 64bit very soon, like ASAP

Hexagon 32bit is so old architecture with great potential, but for the sake of its mere potential 32bit isn't gonna cut it anymore

what we need is a solid 64bit Hexagon that doesn't blow because of three levels of subdivisions

also we need more features for detailing a mesh, better UV tools, better this and that

have your say here and DAZ might have time to fall over this thread and do something in the positive direction to make Hexagon stay on the market for a long time

Post edited by Luftsturmregiment40 on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932
    edited May 2018

From the Beta thread:

We have updates planned for Hexagon in Q1 2018 that include (but are not limited to) 64-bit support

Update obviously won't be released in Q1 2018 since we're now in Q2, but that's definitely planned.

Post edited by Leana on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2018

If you check the threads about this,  including the Sticky threads at the top of the forum you will see that Hex has recently had an update,  and that the 64 bit version is being worked on and will be along some time in the not too distant future.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Chohole said:

If you check the threads about this,  including the Sticky threads at the top of the forum you will see that Hex has recently had an update,  and that the 64 bit version is being worked on and will be along some time in the not too distant future.

my apologies - I guess I was ignorant about the headlines as it didn't imply a 64bit version as general release, well, I got that release and it isn't 64bit

given the statement that 64bit is not a priority but stability... this approach will backfire

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    seegsons said:
    Chohole said:

my apologies - I guess I was ignorant about the headlines as it didn't imply a 64bit version as general release, well, I got that release and it isn't 64bit

given the statement that 64bit is not a priority but stability... this approach will backfire

The first update was mainly for stability, adding 64 bit support will take longer to do (and, apparently, longer than was initially hoped) so holding the stability update for that would have added an unneeded delay to that. It isn't a measure of relative priority.

• seegsons said:
    Chohole said:

The first update was mainly for stability, adding 64 bit support will take longer to do (and, apparently, longer than was initially hoped) so holding the stability update for that would have added an unneeded delay to that. It isn't a measure of relative priority.

I spend about 20 Euros on Hexagon which is far less than it's actually worth and now it's free (again for the second time) which is great and of course it's not of utter urgency but acceptable "development-speed" given Hexagon's age for how long it's been like this and nothing happened until now - looking forward that everything goes well because I don't want to see such a great program getting wasted and even less so that corporate decision makers get rid of it altogether for not knowing its true potential in the 3D industry (we all seen it before...)

thanks for your feedback Richard

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327

Any update on when the 64-bit version will be released?

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
  • Can we have a 64 bit release of Hexagon for macOS, please? It has now stopped running (hangs forever on launch with no window, just bouncing icon) on macOS Sierra 10.12.6. DIM also shows no available downloads for Hexagon.

• jmelnickjmelnick Posts: 7

I second Geoffix post. Is it still being actively worked on? Can I compile the source and test?  Thank you. Only have access to a Mac during Covid-19. 

• Yes please.

• BorgBoy7BorgBoy7 Posts: 102
    edited May 2020

I have been trying to find out if DAZ is actually working on an update for Hexagon or not.  The latest answer was this:

"Thank you for reaching out to us. According to the product page, Hexagon 2.5 does not currently work on Catalina iOS. I would expect this to be updated eventually, however, we cannot guarantee when an update will be available at this time. Please keep an eye out in the forums for further updates regarding this. Have a great day!"

This is an awful lot like the answer I got for updates on Bryce 7.  And I think we all know there is not going to be any update there to 64bit.

I'm not sure why DAZ aquires such great software and then drops them on the ground.  It's really annoying to tell the truth.

I lost so much software when Apple upgraded Catalina, Hexagon is just another casualty in my application folder.

Post edited by BorgBoy7 on
  • RaytownmikeRaytownmike Posts: 58

This development for the MacOS is taking forever, why?????

• kenmokenmo Posts: 895

Nevercenter has had at leat two updates to Silo last year. So why the hold up with Hexagon?

• kenmo said:

Nevercenter has had at leat two updates to Silo last year. So why the hold up with Hexagon?

Nevercenter is a 3D content store?