Poser Pro 2014 and Victoria 4.2

LuzfenixLuzfenix Posts: 57
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I have recently got Poser Pro 2014 and tried installing v4.2 base on it.
But none of those morphs are there.
in the red box is where they SHOULD be...but as you can see, there is nothing there.
I'd be really grateful if someone could help me.
I use V4 A LOT. like more than any other main character.
So not having her working, or her morphs, is kinda a downer for me.
my friend spent a lot of money getting me poser, i dont wanna have to go back to daz studio cos v4 doesnt work

Comments

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited October 2013

I remember: we are supposed to manually inject/apply the morphs from the pose section of the library. I've been using Genesis too long. lol

The base Victoria 4 only has a few speech morphs in the face, I believe. Do you have Victoria 4.2 morphs? Most of the shaping morphs are in morphs++

old text:
    wow, same thing is happening to me in Poser 9. I don't see morphs++ or Stephanie 4. I do see the morphs in Daz Studio3 and 4.

poser_inject.jpg
    366 x 342 - 41K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
  • LuzfenixLuzfenix Posts: 57
    edited December 1969

yeah i have them here?
    do i just click them or something and then they work?

ignore the lady thurr xD i was just messing around with the SSS stuffs xD lol

so if i add those, then say i bought a morph set, ex would be: http://www.daz3d.com/echo
    cos i plan on buying her tomorow. if i add those morphs i need, then echo should work without popping up any errors or skipping morphs?

help2.png
    1366 x 768 - 966K
    edited October 2013

if you have Windows operating system you need to initialize the morphs.

DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat

Go to your main runtime folder then libraries, !Daz, Victoria 4. Then double click DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat.
    In my case, the full path to the file is:d:\daz\gen 4\runtime\libraries\!Daz\Victoria 4\DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat

You will be able to use morphs++ with new Victoria 4 (base) characters will then. Beware: you won't be able to apply morphs++ to Victoria 4 in scenes that you have already saved; new scenes will be able to use morphs++.

Afterwords, you should be able to inject morphs and characters by double clicking on their respective icons in the pose library. Most characters should load morphs++ when you load them while other characters don't require morphs++.

Post edited by starionwolf on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

If your installing it through DIM then you don't need to initialize it.

edited December 1969

eh.. I never did use Daz Install Manager. :red:

carry on then.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,771
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    If your installing it through DIM then you don't need to initialize it.

I had to when I reinstalled it using DIM...

edited December 1969

i initialized it during installation, cos it said it was highly recommended, so i clicked initialize now

edited October 2013

The Morphs++ section should show up in Victoria 4 if they have been initialized, although the morph dials won't appear until you inject them, as starionwolf notes. Did you install them into the same runtime folder as V4?

EDIT; that's the problem; from your screenshots you have V4 in the V4 runtime folder, but Morphs++ in Content; they need to be installed into the V4 folder...

Post edited by WandW on
    edited December 1969

i have v4 installed in all my runtimes. i have 3 runtimes.
    1 is DAZ Studio default runtime.
    1 is Poser default runtime.
    and the final one is a DAZ Studio second runtime on a portable hard-drive.
    the main one i use is the one on the hard-drive, the reason it says v4 there cos i was testing something.
    but everything works now :D
    thanks for the help everyone :D

• meadowsdbmeadowsdb Posts: 5
    edited February 2014

Hey all.....Newbie here so I apologize ahead of time and thank you for your time.

I have Victoria 4.2 Pro Suite and am attempting to MANUALLY install it( As in NOT using the DIM) into Poser Pro 2014.

As I know this is generally, on other software addons, simply a matter of copying the new Runtime file to my "PoserPro 2014 Content" folder but it seems that this suite is layed out differently. It breaks down into subfolders and "Content" folders, besides the Runtime ones.

I have tried to install it via simply copying the Runtime folders as per the norm and it has had mixed success and failure. For example-I can load Vic 4.2 models but the morphs don't work-Even though I SEE them in my library. Clicking on them does Squat.\

Any help would be HUGE. Thank you for your time.

I am using WIndows

Post edited by meadowsdb on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

After manually merging the Runtime folder, you need to go to "Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ" and execute DzCreateExPFiles-V4.bat (.command for Mac) to initialize the morphs.

edited December 1969

OK.

What is the difference between the regular files and the Base CF files? And the PWRloader files?

For Example.....

I have
    victoria42base
    victoria42basestudiocf
    victoria42basepwrloader

Not all of them have Runtime files...but they do have others IE-the StudioCF has a "people" file. Where do I install those?

And others seem to have multiple files that may be important, besides the runtime folder

IE-
    Victoria4skinmapsstdres
    victoria4skinmapsstdresstudiocf-this one has both a "people" and a "runtime" folder...do I install them both, or just the runtime?

Thank you for the assistance!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

studioCF is to use in DAZ Studio. I do believe that power loader is as well.

edited December 1969

Yes, StudioCF is a companion file with DAZ Studio material presets,, you can ignore those if you only use Poser. Powerloader is also DS-only.

edited December 1969

Thanks all...lemme give this a try and see where I end up!

edited December 1969

OK...so I copy pasted all the runtimes into my PoserPro 2014 content folder...still having mixed success.

After I copied everything I wnet into the DAZ! folder and ran the 2 .BAT files

When I open Poser I am able to use about everything EXCEPT Morphs...While I can see the morphs and injections, clicking on them does nothing still.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

edited December 1969

meadowsdb said:
    OK...so I copy pasted all the runtimes into my PoserPro 2014 content folder...still having mixed success.

After I copied everything I wnet into the DAZ! folder and ran the 2 .BAT files

When I open Poser I am able to use about everything EXCEPT Morphs...While I can see the morphs and injections, clicking on them does nothing still.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Clicking them injects the morphs, you then need to dial them to the desired value.

edited December 1969

AND IT WORKS!!!! Thank you all for the help.

• PCIrayGuyPCIrayGuy Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

I have a similar problem. I used the DIM files for the Generation 4 models such as Michael 4 and Victoria 4 with morph ++. The files will not initialize at all. I sent in a ticket for help as well. For some reason, Maverick OS X 10.9.2 will not allow me to use the .command to run even though I have full ownership of the files that I have just downloaded manual from Daz.

It says the following things when I try to initialize it within the folder:

You do not have enough privileges to run command prompt.

At other times, the .command line will run and it says: Permission denied.

My Get info information is as follows:

System, wheel, and everyone is set to Read and Write.

The problem is that if I use Poser to install the zip with the Content folder taken out. It will not prompt me for a password.

I am on an i7 with a 2gb graphics card and 16 gb available ram memory and a 1 TB HDD.

I have been getting the same symptoms with Mountain Lion and later.

I found out that if you run the .command in my external hdd then it executes. What seems to be the problem?

I, also, tried to use the DAZ Installer and the same thing occurs. Is the smart content or initialization for both characters available?

Sorry, I am kind if frustrated and new to this. I haven't had a problem with this. I used to copy my files to hdd and forget running or extracting the DIM files because it took too long. Please help. Thanks.

edited December 1969

Let me get our Mac expert to assist you. He should be on in a few hours.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited March 2014

Hello, I think this is a pretty complex problem when you look at it, but I guess there is a solution too.

First, take a look at the scripts, in this case the DzCreateExPFiles-M4.command

#!/bin/bash
    cd "$(dirname "$0")"
    ./DzCreateExPFiles.app/Contents/MacOS/DzCreateExPFiles "Michael 4" "M4"
    exit

I tried to run the script as root but it failed too so I cd:ed into the app-bundle DzCreateExPFiles.app/Contents/MacOS/

and did an ls, and guess what?

304 -rw-rw-rw- 1 totte totte 153280 24 Feb 2007 DzCreateExPFiles

The file lacks the execution bits so I set them with sudo chmod +x DzCreateExPFiles

304 -rwxrwxrwx 1 totte totte 153280 24 Feb 2007 DzCreateExPFiles

Now it works much better ;-)

I guess this calls for a bugreport to DAZ.

Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

I will try the Terminal again. I was hoping of a work around. However, this is sufficient if it works. I will be able to try this within a few hours. Thank you for spending the time to figure this out.

edited December 1969

I will try the Terminal again. I was hoping of a work around. However, this is sufficient if it works. I will be able to try this within a few hours. Thank you for spending the time to figure this out.

I've reported the issue so it will be fixed, can't say when though.

edited December 1969

In the meantime, if it is okay would you PM or list the instructions on how you initialized via the terminal prompt. It registered as : No such file directory detected.
    Thank you for your time.

edited December 1969

The stuff is installed in Runtime/libraries/!DAZ, go there with finder and see that you see the files.
    Then rightclick on the DzCreateExPFiles.app and select show Package Content, step in to Content, Mac OS with finder, is it there?
    now type cd and drag the "Runtime/libraries/!DAZ" folder to the terminal, hit return
    type pwd and it will say that you are in the right.

edited December 1969

Yes there are two files:
    1) DZDzCreateExPFiles
    2) python

Hmm... Maybe I am doing something wrong. It reports back: No such file or directory. I know that is is suppose to prompt for password, but it did not even get that far.

edited March 2014

Okay... I had to copy over from my external HDD the DZDzCreateExPFiles. Apparently, I ran into some capitalization errors. It now reads as : This utility is for DAZ products only. I am a bit confused.

On my HDD I have !daz and on the external it is !DAZ.

Okay nevermind. I resolved the problem. I have to manually merge the files together. Now it is running properly. I thank you for your help.
    I think the mistake was to use the zip installer. I manually copied the files over. Thanks.

Post edited by PCIrayGuy on
  • MorphiousMorphious Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sooo, How did you get the Morphs++ dials to show up? Even if I inject them, they still don't show up.

edited April 2014

It is a bigger problem than it is. If you install using the Poser Pro 2014 installer, then the folder would be !daz and everything else is lowercase. It seems if the items are lower case the .command will not unlock. However, I have an external hard drive, and I just unzipped them. Now, if you directly unlock permissions first on your external, then copy over to your computer it should resolve the problem. Technical support said they are working on it. Let us hope for a final solution.

PC: There shouldn't be a problem with merging files.

Mac: You can use this: http://subrosasoft.com/software/freeware/macmerger.

I just found it after that day.

I hope this helps.

Oh... I forgot. The .command works after you directly unzip the files and copy it directly. You will need to reinitialize every time you install an add-on to Generation 4 figures.

Post edited by PCIrayGuy on
    edited December 1969

Morphious said:
    Sooo, How did you get the Morphs++ dials to show up? Even if I inject them, they still don't show up.

You need to reinitialize V4...