DAZ Install Manager (DIM) 1.0.1.108, Now Available!

2»

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Work offline means that you can install files that you have downloaded with DIM without being online - not those manually downloaded, unfortunately.

Saving for backups:
    On the "Ready to install" tab, there is a "Delete package once installed" at the bottom - uncheck it.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If you downloaded from your Product Library (and they're zips rather than installers) you can put them in DIM's download folder and install them with DIM.

• JackGerberJackGerber Posts: 12
    edited December 1969

That's exactly right, only the "Ready to Download" tab should go dark, you should still be able to work with files that were downloaded previously.

Thank you very much. That clarifies things and answers my question.
  • TorrynWoodsrunnerTorrynWoodsrunner Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

So is development still ongoing? As of 1.0.1.115, I haven't been able to download anything without having DIM crash. It will still linger in the running processes, requiring a manual End Process to get rid of it, but hitting the Download button on any product, or Start Queue with any products selected, and *POOF!*, it just goes away.

Any thoughts? Tips? Timeline on a new version?

edited December 1969

So is development still ongoing? As of 1.0.1.115, I haven't been able to download anything without having DIM crash. It will still linger in the running processes, requiring a manual End Process to get rid of it, but hitting the Download button on any product, or Start Queue with any products selected, and *POOF!*, it just goes away.

Any thoughts? Tips? Timeline on a new version?

Sounds like the update was corrupt. Try uninstalling DIM and downloading it from your Product Library (it will still keep your settings, only the application itself will be uninstalled and replaced).

• TorrynWoodsrunnerTorrynWoodsrunner Posts: 10
    edited December 1969

Sounds like the update was corrupt. Try uninstalling DIM and downloading it from your Product Library (it will still keep your settings, only the application itself will be uninstalled and replaced).

Done, and done. Same result. Also made sure cache was cleared, and downloaded to an entirely different drive to insure a fresh copy.

Next?

• crackedjaguarcrackedjaguar Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Trying to log in to the Install manager... to no avail... anyone know the magic trick to make this work.... quite annoying... won't install won't let me log in won't do much of anything I'm very disappointed in this so far...

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Are you getting any type of errors?

• crackedjaguarcrackedjaguar Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

No no error message no nothing just says. Unable to log in to specified account verify e-mail and password... and I know that both of those are correct because it won't let me re-enter them... so now I'm just really farking annoyed

• Oddball question, tho a possibility for me, however remote.

I have installed all the Daz content I have (Including Studio 4.8 and 4.9 beta) threw DIM. Is it possible in any way, that DIM happened to get a corrupted install zip for Studio and/or G3F? Or dose DIM employ a zip error checking of some kind to prevent that?

Oddball question, tho a possibility for me, however remote.

I have installed all the Daz content I have (Including Studio 4.8 and 4.9 beta) threw DIM. Is it possible in any way, that DIM happened to get a corrupted install zip for Studio and/or G3F? Or dose DIM employ a zip error checking of some kind to prevent that?

I believe it compares a checksum to make sure it downloaded correctly.