What's the trick building Carrara scenes from parts with Gen1/2 chars?

TotteTotte Posts: 13,505
edited March 2014 in Carrara Discussion

Me again,

next weirdness (yes, I want to render this scene in Carrara so badly)

I setup a figure in DAZ Studio, saved as a Subscene, loaded that .duf into Carrara, did some material tweaks and rendered it, looks good enough for a quick test (#1). SAved this one out.

Then imported it into a larger set (by Howie Farkes, a perfect forest), but when I do that, everything seems to go ballistic when it comes to fits. If I open the Subscene in Carrara and render it still looks the same as #1.

If I load the DS saved .duf scene from subscenes directly into the Carrara scene, it works well (the one not needed censorship).

Post edited by Totte on

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,210
    edited December 1969

Try doing it the other way around.
    Load in your duf into a blank scene, then bring in Howie's.
    It might work. I noticed the same thing, bringing my new Genesis 2 characters into scenes, I often have to go through every item and Fit To all over again for everything.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,505
    edited December 1969

Thanks Dartanbeck!

Great not to be the only one having this problem.

edited December 1969

I hear ya.
    I'm really hoping that they improve upon how Genesis 2 works in here. Such excellent figures.
    Luckily, with a bit of finesse, we can get them up and rockin'

• ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

I've had similar stuff happen. On occasion, I've fixed it by telling the clothes to fit to none, then fitting them back to Genesis 2.

ncamp

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691
    edited December 1969

Poke-Away 2 works in Carrara, and can help a great deal in fixing poke-thru issue. It adds a lot of morphs to G2, but for using G2 in Carrara it's well worth the price (and very useful in DS too). The morph sliders are set up so that moving them to the right will morph the G2 figure, moving to the left will morph (expand) the area on the clothing. You can use the filter to see just the Poke-Away morphs, just type in "xaway".

You can find Poke-Away2 here (the bundle is on sale NOW):
    http://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Poke-Away2!+for+Genesis+2+Female(s)

There is also a version for Genesis (1).

edited December 1969

@Dartanbeck & camp, did you bug report it? If not I will. Thanks guys for the workaround too, never though to refit the items, will test that in the next scene.

@dustrider, poke through isn't the issue as it renders without poke through as long as the figure is not loaded into another scene. Looks like fit-to is corrupted when the scene is imported into another scene.

edited December 1969

ncamp said:
    I've had similar stuff happen. On occasion, I've fixed it by telling the clothes to fit to none, then fitting them back to Genesis 2.

ncamp

Right. But you don't even have to include the 'none' routine. Just Fit To and select the same figure again will do it.

I haven't made a bug report for the loss of fit from one scene to another, no. I have had that happen to Generation 4 figures from time to time. Once I have it fixed and saved in Carrara, it always seems to remain good.

Poke through is the issue that I did report. The reply was that Genesis 2 is not fully supported in Carrara yet, and that development is well aware of its shortcomings. And that's good enough for me.

One thing about these software developers at DAZ 3D, I do trust them. I know that will get potatoes thrown at my head... but I really do. If they say they're working on an issue... I just believe them and leave it at that.

• ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

I'll give that a try next time, Dart.

ncamp

edited December 1969

I tested it Dartanbeck and it do work, just fit again even though it says "fitted to genesis".
    I'll make a bug on that I think.

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    I tested it Dartanbeck and it do work, just fit again even though it says "fitted to genesis".
    I'll make a bug on that I think.
    Go for it. If I knew how to "Support" a bug report, I would be happy to do so. Do you know?