OT Horrors I turn 70 today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2»

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Happy Birthday!! Welcome to your 7th decade. I hit mine back in October. :coolsmirk:

WOW!

I always thought of you as being in your thirties, there turns out to be quite a few of us slightly older members here :)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

You go Spit! :)
    Those renders rock.

Funny quotes from the web in honor of your birthday:

You know you are getting older when the candles cost more than the cake.

It is scientifically proven that people who have more birthdays live longer.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Happy birthday

I seem to be forever organizing my content, more so than actually using it.

I hope to still be doing all the stuff your doing when I reach that age, if I ever do in 30 years time:lol:

Thank you. Heh. Content is a blessing and a curse. I enjoy organizing because it reminds me of what I have but at the same time it commandeers hours of my time.

edited December 1969

Cheers to the Birthday Celebrants!

Thank you, Misty!

Miss B said:
    Happy Birthday!! Welcome to your 7th decade. I hit mine back in October. :coolsmirk:

Better than it hitting you! Congratulations and welcome to the decade. :)

congratulations! I remember the old $99 or $79 advertisements for Bryce in the Mac Catalogs. I think the magazines were selling version 1 or 2.

I got the Windows version (Windows started at version 2) the day it arrived at Egghead. What I don't remember is if it was late 1994 or late 1995. What I do remember is it was buggy/crashy as heck until the first update. I got on the web in '94 and found all the Bryce pics I could and drooled over them.

• CapscesCapsces Posts: 465
    edited December 1969

Wonderful renders, Spit! Of course, I've always enjoyed your artwork. Hope it is a great, birthday! :)

Have we really been at this for nearly 20 years? :bug:

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited March 2014

Miss B said:

WOW!

I always thought of you as being in your thirties, there turns out to be quite a few of us slightly older members here :)
    I know, avatars can be so deceiving. ~wink~

Cho and I have had several discussions over the years on the old forum as to which of us is older. ~LOL~

In fact, I joined DAZ the day after my 60th birthday. What a celebration!!!!! :coolsmile:

Post edited by Miss B on
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    You go Spit! :)
    Those renders rock.

Funny quotes from the web in honor of your birthday:

You know you are getting older when the candles cost more than the cake.

It is scientifically proven that people who have more birthdays live longer.

Thanks! Heh We decided a decade ago to have only one candle and spend the money saved on a bigger cake. :)

edited December 1969

Spit said:
    We decided a decade ago to have only one candle and spend the money saved on a bigger cake. :)

Oh more cake is ALWAYS better. ~hee, hee, hee~
    edited December 1969

Wonderful renders, Spit! Of course, I've always enjoyed your artwork. Hope it is a great, birthday! :)

Have we really been at this for nearly 20 years? :bug:

Thanks, Beth. And me yours. I've always loved the quality and whimsy of your work.

• islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Happy B-Day Spit and Carola :-). I hope you all have a great and tranquil B-Day. Just last night someone asked me my age and I could not remember how old I was...so I ended up giving them my birth year (39 yrs. old)... LOL!! My husband started laughing, oc I laughed right along with him :-).

• adzanadzan Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

Hope you had a Happy Birthday Spit and may you have many more.
    I agree with others you have always seemed much younger in conversation and your renders have been a joy to see over the years.
    take care ad.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Wishing you a very HAPPY BiRtHdAy Spit. Hope your enjoying. Stay well and lovely renders.

Love those stylized Unicorns from you know where. I'm getting those eventually! lol

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Something I picked up from a college roommate: Three candles on a birthday cake--for the past, the present, and the future.

edited December 1969

Happy B-Day Spit and Carola :-). I hope you all have a great and tranquil B-Day. Just last night someone asked me my age and I could not remember how old I was...so I ended up giving them my birth year (39 yrs. old)... LOL!! My husband started laughing, oc I laughed right along with him :-).

LOL I guess 39 will be your forever reported number then. As for tranquil birthday? Couldn't have been more tranquil. I slept better and longer than I have in months during my 'nap'.

adzan said:
    Hope you had a Happy Birthday Spit and may you have many more.
    I agree with others you have always seemed much younger in conversation and your renders have been a joy to see over the years.
    take care ad.

Thank you, Adzan, and for the wonderful outfits you gave our guys over the years.

Wishing you a very HAPPY BiRtHdAy Spit. Hope your enjoying. Stay well and lovely renders.

Love those stylized Unicorns from you know where. I'm getting those eventually! lol

Thanks! Yeah, that's genius AFAIC.

Something I picked up from a college roommate: Three candles on a birthday cake--for the past, the present, and the future.

Sounds good to me. We kept the one for the present. The past can be elusive and confusing, the future unknown, but the present is decision time.

Well, with that the birthday's almost over. Thanks for the responses everyone!! Hugs to you all and get back to organizing content. LOL

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hey!! It's not over here yet. So Happy Birthday to Spit and Carola both. And as it looks like I was a bit late I hope you enjoyed the day and are still happy right now.

edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    Happy Birthday from a fellow birthday child ;P

Oh my goodness. How did I miss this?

Happy Birthday Carola!! :coolsmile: