DAZ Install Manager (DIM) 1.0.1.115, Now Available!

2»

Comments

• chrbou2001chrbou2001 Posts: 117
    edited December 1969

Yes, i changed the sorting. Interesting that my today´s purchase showed up correctly in DIM but not the last two ones. They also doesn´t appear in the installed library (because they weren´t installed but maybe a bug).

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,354
    edited December 1969

What products aren't showing up

• edited December 1969

How do I get the files I install to show up in Poser 10's library? I bought a new computer with Windows 8.1 on it and then bought Poser 10 this afternoon and tried to install the files I wanted into Poser 10, but they aren't showing up. How do I fix that?

• Gusf1Gusf1 Posts: 252
    edited December 1969

Hi, my system is win 7, 64bit, 16GB mem. I had a couple problems with DIM today. All my content was installed with DIM, and I was finally going to start organizing it. Organizing 3500+ products from scratch seemed a little much so, I decided to uninstall them all first and then start installing some - organizing them and repeat. All was going well until DIM uninstalled some to the 'ready to install' tab and the rest to the 'ready to download' tab. I now have 1900+ products to re-download. I have NOT deleted the package after installing, so that wasn't the reason.
    The other problem I had was with the 'ready to download' tab. With 1900+ products, I figured to start with the ones I needed most: the figures. I went through all the products just checking the figures and went to download them. A connection problem occurred and all the checked figures were unchecked. HIGHLY annoying. Are either of these things supposed to happen?
    Gus

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Curtskinn said:
    How do I get the files I install to show up in Poser 10's library? I bought a new computer with Windows 8.1 on it and then bought Poser 10 this afternoon and tried to install the files I wanted into Poser 10, but they aren't showing up. How do I fix that?

What is the full path you're trying to install them to?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Curtskinn said:

I hope you don't try to install into a runtime in C:\programs... Windows is very protective about that folder and things get awkward.
    I have a second internal harddrive D:\ were I created a folder "Poser External Runtimes" (were I have my DazStudio content too).
    If you don't have a second harddrive, look for another place on your C:\ drive.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Not sure what's going on with the connectivity between my computer and DIM but it's deplorable and a total turn off. It's from your servers DAZ this is not on my end. Fix this please! :-(

edited December 1969

I'm having a similar problem but we've been having problems with our ISP. They've been out here to fix it 4 times in the last month and its still losing connection for a brief second. My kids are irate cause they keep getting kick out of there games. So, I can't say for sure if its the DAZ servers or my connection. I suspect its my connection

edited December 1969

My main way of testing is to use other areas of the internet where downloads are needed and all are fine, so not very plausible for it to be on my side of this issue with DAZ downloads being cut off abruptly!

• RhaleRhale Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

I'm getting the same problem (I'm in UK) so I think the problem is DAZ side.

edited December 1969

The weird thing is that when DAZ sped up the logon process the DIM connectivity went to hell. I'm sure there is no correlation but just seems odd to me....

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
    edited December 1969

This seems to have permanently screwed up my display drivers. I'm still having issues after uninstalling the manager and reinstalling the drivers.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited April 2014

Install Manager keeps disconnecting from Daz today. It is a real pain, as I'm re-installing all of my items.

Post edited by Wilmap on
    edited December 1969

Are you positive it isn't your ISP. I know from experience that our ISP goes down for a fraction of a second and I get booted. DIM requires a constant connection and the briefest interruption will shut it down. If your just installing you can work offline mode. I'm still currently fighting with my ISP because of it. My kids are big gamers online and keep losing there connection for a brief second. Our ISP has confirmed that it's happening but can't seem to get it fixed.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited April 2014

...this is why the DIM was pretty much useless to me for a good part of last year (and why more than half my content on the workstation was installed with the old .exe installers from my archives) as I only had wireless connectivity at the time which was very unstable. I'd get resets, timeouts, and even the occasional "server not found" errors just while viewing the forums.

...and once Daz went with Cloudflare, matters only became worse.

Finally ditched the wireless service (fortunately it was "month to month" so no penalty) and went with a hardwired connection which surprisingly costs me a few Zlotys less per month.

Post edited by kyoto kid on