Texturing booleans_is this a bug?

wscottartwscottart Posts: 420
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I got a texture built that I really liked, and I was wanting to add it to an another object. A boolean object. Which you can see on the right. Any ideals what is going going on here?

Comments

• dot_batdot_bat Posts: 373
    edited March 2014

you might want to change the cellular percentage scale and replace all the channels with the new one. you have to fiddle since you changed the . then remap it

Post edited by dot_bat on
  • wscottartwscottart Posts: 420
    edited December 1969

Both objects are the same size. I dropped the same texure on both and I get different results. I can see that the scale definetly looks different, but why? Both are you using the same texture. One is a primitive object and one is a boolean created from two primitives.

edited March 2014

I believe its because one is a mesh and one is a primitive. is the mesh mapped? i dont think you can boolean primitives in carrara must be a mesh. i just tried in carrara and 2 primitives

edited March 2014

sorry my mistake you can boolean but it creates a mesh that needs to be mapped. double click on the boolean. and i dont think the surface area is the same

Screen_shot_2014-03-16_at_12.43_.10_AM_.png
    579 x 564 - 165K
  • tbwoqtbwoq Posts: 238
    edited December 1969

It appears to be a vertex scaling(?) bug with the assemble room boolean feature. Workaround,...use the vertex model room boolean feature. I'm using C8.1 Pro 64 bit.

• wscottartwscottart Posts: 420
    edited December 1969

It's definetly a bug, but now I think it might be a system bug. I can not recreate the problem today and the texture is working fine on boolean objects without any rescaling. I guess sometimes I need to remember to just try a restart before seeking answers.

New motto:
    Does it still occur after a restart?

Screen_shot_2014-03-17_at_3.48_.19_PM_.jpg
    642 x 495 - 49K