Can't use symmetry

otic_oneotic_one Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

I can't use fast extrude with symmetry on any more. I'm in edge mode/vertex modeling/fast extrude. Only one side extrudes.
Anyone knows what causes this?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

It usually happens, in my experience anyway, when the object is no longer symmetrical.

The fix is to cut the model exactly in half again (select the best half of course), regenerate the missing side, weld it up, and symmetry should work once more.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

It usually happens, in my experience anyway, when the object is no longer symmetrical.

The fix is to cut the model exactly in half again (select the best half of course), regenerate the missing side, weld it up, and symmetry should work once more.

And if you do want to intentionally introduce asymmetry, it should be one of the last things done, after all the symmetrical construction is finished.

• otic_oneotic_one Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes, I didn't noticed that.
    Thank you for helping me out! :)

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You are most welcome! Hope you get it to work.