DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.2.120, General Release, Now Available for Download!

Comments

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited March 2014

What are you talking about? My libraries are set up where they should be. Others have had this problem in the past. I am just frustrated with these new problems that keep popping up...

Untitled.jpg
    690 x 734 - 101K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

You do need to be specific as to what the problem is, then someone here might know how to go about fixing it.

CHEERS!

edited March 2014

Its like I said. Head morphs will suddenly stop working out of the blue or go missing on random saved V4 characters. I do keep my content on an external drive since I share it between 2 machines. The letter path is always the same. I had brought this up several versions of DS ago some others had chimed in they were having the same issue. The 3d party shoulder morphs (as seen in pic) were always loading fine until the previous general release which also began to bugger up. My libraries have been the same and everything was working fine a while back. if I load a fresh V4 there is no problem. I have tried refreshing the BAT files ect. I did not mean to lash out at Jimmy its just the problem is not seen by simply saving a V4 character. It often happens later on...

Untitled.jpg
    344 x 725 - 61K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969

I see,

I've never actually used V4 in DS, I transferred all her morphs to Genesis with GenX and will probably do likewise with GenX2. You can, I believe, transfer Simple Details over too.

A saved character will retain whatever morphs were injected into V4 at the time it was loaded. In Poser, I had one saved V4 with everything injected and used her as a base for every scene she was used in. How about you post V4 in a new scene and the parameters tab so we can see what is injected!?

CHEERS!

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    Its like I said. Head morphs will suddenly stop working out of the blue or go missing on random saved V4 characters. I do keep my content on an external drive since I share it between 2 machines. The letter path is always the same. I had brought this up several versions of DS ago some others had chimed in they were having the same issue. The 3d party shoulder morphs (as seen in pic) were always loading fine until the previous general release which also began to bugger up. My libraries have been the same and everything was working fine a while back. if I load a fresh V4 there is no problem. I have tried refreshing the BAT files ect. I did not mean to lash out at Jimmy its just the problem is not seen by simply saving a V4 character. It often happens later on...

What is your ticket number for this issue?
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:

I dont remember

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    Bobvan said:

I dont rememberSimply connect to the help center and look at your issues.

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited March 2014

chorse said:
    I am also having CMS issues with DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.2.118. CMS seems to stop when I start DS. If I restart CMS after DS has opened it stays running. I have uninstalled and reinstalled CMS and DS, deleted the index file etc. CMS runs fine, it's only when I start DS that it stops. It stays running after it is restarted manually. I really don't use CMS, but I just thought I should report the behavior.

Since you don't appear to use categories, I would recommend shutting down DS, uninstalling CMS,, deleting the database files, and reinstalling CMS (if you have DIM there is a stand-alone CMS installer, otherwise reinstalling DS will reinstall CMS.

What is the standalone CMS installer called in DIM? I need to reinstall it.... I suddenly started seeing corruption problems, then lost all my categories, etc. I tried a couple of delete-rebuild cycles, then uninstalled the CMS... and now I can't get it back. :(

Edited to add: I was able to reinstall 4.6.0.13 from an old download, but I'd like to update to the latest version again... I'd still like to know what the CMS is called in the DIM.

Post edited by zigraphix on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

zigraphix said:
    chorse said:
    I am also having CMS issues with DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.2.118. CMS seems to stop when I start DS. If I restart CMS after DS has opened it stays running. I have uninstalled and reinstalled CMS and DS, deleted the index file etc. CMS runs fine, it's only when I start DS that it stops. It stays running after it is restarted manually. I really don't use CMS, but I just thought I should report the behavior.

Since you don't appear to use categories, I would recommend shutting down DS, uninstalling CMS,, deleting the database files, and reinstalling CMS (if you have DIM there is a stand-alone CMS installer, otherwise reinstalling DS will reinstall CMS.

What is the standalone CMS installer called in DIM? I need to reinstall it.... I suddenly started seeing corruption problems, then lost all my categories, etc. I tried a couple of delete-rebuild cycles, then uninstalled the CMS... and now I can't get it back. :(

Edited to add: I was able to reinstall 4.6.0.13 from an old download, but I'd like to update to the latest version again... I'd still like to know what the CMS is called in the DIM.

It's not listed as a package in DIM, it's an exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZ3DIM1\cms

edited March 2014

Here is a prime example of what I was referring to my shoulder morphs (screen posted a few posts above) failing to load this started with the previous DS official release, and in spite of mentions this had been addressed in the last beta release it obviously has not. This has nothing to do with my DS library set up since it had worked without issues prior. Same goes for the mysterious vanishing facial morphs...

Untitled.jpg
    804 x 820 - 104K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited March 2014

I see,

Perhaps it's Daz's subtle way of trying to get you to switch to Genesis 2 or at least Genesis!

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
    edited March 2014

Rogerbee said:
    I see,

Perhaps it's Daz's subtle way of trying to get you to switch to Genesis 2 or at least Genesis!

CHEERS!

I think that may be a stretch but if It it is it would be a pretty scumbag move and probably would turn more of its customer base off. Having said that they really have to stop breaking stuff...

Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969

I doubt it is, but, it's been a while since they released much new for Gen 4.

CHEERS!

• CMacksCMacks Posts: 202
    edited December 1969

Hey Bobvan, I have the same problem with V4 in recent DS4.6 releases. I think I've chimed in before about this. The problem comes and goes. Sometimes when loading a scene, the figure doesn't look right until I go back and manually inject all the morphs. One thing that seemed to work, at least for a while: open DS, load V4.2 from the poser directory, inject all the morphs, then clear the scene. Then load your DS scene...

edited December 1969

What is your first DS-format content folder location?

edited December 1969

CMacks said:
    Hey Bobvan, I have the same problem with V4 in recent DS4.6 releases. I think I've chimed in before about this. The problem comes and goes. Sometimes when loading a scene, the figure doesn't look right until I go back and manually inject all the morphs. One thing that seemed to work, at least for a while: open DS, load V4.2 from the poser directory, inject all the morphs, then clear the scene. Then load your DS scene...

& they are saying im a retard who does not understand how to use DS how do you manually re inject morphs on a saved v4?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    CMacks said:

& they are saying im a retard who does not understand how to use DS how do you manually re inject morphs on a saved v4?You don't. What has been mentioned is the only work around that I know of at this time. It has been mentioned more than one time in the past. Some of the poser format morphs simply do not stay in saved scene files. It comes down to how they were implemented I think. Something that is just not saved on a save. I'm not 100% sure on that, I just suspect it. But at least they can be added back and work. Better, to my way of thinking, than not working at all.

edited March 2014

The problem is once the facial expressions are gone they stop working how can I fix them rather then having to rebuild the character from scratch?

My shoulder morph is poser based. Its still ticks me off that it's only been broken for the few past DS version and fear it will get worse as we move forward forcing us into G2 forcing us to purchasing all new content.

Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited March 2014

Have you tried closing your scene. loading a fresh V4 and injecting the morphs, then deleting it and reloading your scene? Is this a .daz scene or a .duf scene?

ETA: Is this an ExP morph or one using the legacy Community Channels?

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
    edited March 2014

Ok so you are saying that I clear my scene load a fresh v4 re inject my characters morphs close that and reload my scene? If I am going to do all that may as well simply merge the refreshed character into my scene no? Also it can be painful if one builds a custom face with several merged character faces.. They have been DUF scenes since 4.5 its injected pre made characters

Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    Ok so you are saying that I clear my scene load a fresh v4 re inject my characters morphs close that and reload my scene? If I am going to do all that may as well simply merge the refreshed character into my scene no? Also it can be painful if one builds a custom face with several merged character faces.. They have been DUF scenes since 4.5 its injected pre made characters

Does it seem that all morphs stop working, or just non-ExP morphs?

edited March 2014

EXP? Sometimes injecting facial morphs will not work but the slider ones will sometimes none at all if that makes sense..

Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969

Do the DAZ Original morphs still work?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:

Does it seem that all morphs stop working, or just non-ExP morphs?Good question...

edited March 2014

Do the DAZ Original morphs still work?
    The past time yes some of the original DS slider morphs still worked (some not like mouth side to side) vs the previous times a while back when listed missing morphs would be listed and facial morphs would fail to work altogether.
    Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969

The problem sounds to be arising where 3rd party Poser fixes are trying to be used in DS. The thing being that nobody creating DS content really did the same thing for that program. Back in the day, I seem to remember there having been some form of script or something that was done for DS that did solve the shoulder problem, but, I don't think it was a commercial product. When, like myself, people used Gen 4 in Poser, we then had the products made by Corvas to work with so the other one got overlooked.

Now, since the arrival of Genesis and now Genesis 2, everything is being written around them and Gen 4 has become the drunk uncle at the wedding. You invite them, give them a drink, but then you go back to the main party, this in the case of DS being the new generation of content.

Frustrating though it may be, the only way to really move forward is to go with the newer generations, because, in all likelihood, to try to go back and fix Gen 4 problems in a program not really written for it could be a big backward step.

CHEERS!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Bob, not read all this but have you tried saving out your V4 as a Shaping preset? Regardless if the morphs aren't loading up the information SHOULD be written anyway.

If not do this:

File> Save As> Shaping preset **
    Browse to where you want to save the preset
    Name it and Save it
    **You will find the menu to the right in the little fly out. For my uses I use the Check Only> All Modified Only

Delete your older V4, load a new one, inject her with all the needed morphs and then apply the preset and see if that doesn't do the trick.

edited December 1969

I have not thx for the tip

• tscott_f9a8e65d7ctscott_f9a8e65d7c Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

How does one go about upgrading to the latest release?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Do you use DIM (DAZ Install Manager)?

If you have a bought (for free) a previous version of DAZ Studio, then the latest version should be available in your My Account > Product Library area. Have you looked there.

The latest version will uninstall any previous version, so there is usually no need to uninstall first.

What version do you have installed at present?