Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited May 2020

NM I forgot I deleted this and 29 other videos accidently blush

meant to do one and did a whole page

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390
    edited May 2020

the new version is out the 4.25 and it's new shades is really amazing, i can really feel a bit of diference even in the "basic" third person start level i can feel the scene look a little better than previous versions and all the new features

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/unreal-engine-4-25-released

https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Support/Builds/ReleaseNotes/4_25/index.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XtEHxIIkX8

Post edited by Ellessarr on
  • davidtriunedavidtriune Posts: 452

this is probably the most insane real time video i've ever seen .

• SadRobotSadRobot Posts: 116

Been playing with getting Daz hair cards working in Unreal and I haven't had much success. Using the mask alpha mode with dithering still ends up too transparent (even with the image set to linear). Anyone have success with this?

Been playing with getting Daz hair cards working in Unreal and I haven't had much success. Using the mask alpha mode with dithering still ends up too transparent (even with the image set to linear). Anyone have success with this?

indeed it's also being for me a big trouble work with some "daz hairs" to transfer to unreal, because unreal work in a diferent way than daz, you need more than just alpha, normal, diffuse and other i forget the name you also need a "strands map" and also another issue in daz "hairs" specially the "new ones" is because they are based on "strands" like fibermesh and dforce hairs, it's make more complicated and and hard to fix the transparent if you don't have all the propers maps and they are not proper setup.

this is probably the most insane real time video i've ever seen .

yeah real engine is progressing a lot when comes to real time and realism, i really feel like wanting to use more and more unreal than daz even for a single render, because the ammount of time i can reduce in rendering in unreal than daz, the only issue is which i must put some more "work" in the shaders and textures, creating new maps which are missing in daz to work in unreal, but you also have now a plugging for transfer daz characters to unreal which can help configure the "daz shaders" to work inside unreal making a huge improviment and reducing work time.

• SadRobot said:

It took me a while to get it in a decent place (I think it's decent anyway).  I ended up using a masked, dithered (not on the cap), with two-sided foilage as the shading model.

Here's some examples: http://davidvodhanel.com/daz-to-unreal-close-ups/

Sometimes they still come out too transparent, so I have an offset I added to the material so I can adjust it quickly: http://davidvodhanel.com/daz-to-unreal-adjusting-hair-transparency/

LOL I don't know how I ended I being credited with the quote but this annoys me too with transmapped hairs

iClone also does it sometimes and openGL in DAZ studio

I have started avoiding transmaps and using mesh hairs but they are heavy, the grooms look promising but you need expensive software

edited May 2020
    SadRobot said:

It took me a while to get it in a decent place (I think it's decent anyway).  I ended up using a masked, dithered (not on the cap), with two-sided foilage as the shading model.

Sometimes they still come out too transparent, so I have an offset I added to the material so I can adjust it quickly: http://davidvodhanel.com/daz-to-unreal-adjusting-hair-transparency/

it's looks little better than mine,  here's mine "hair":

while overal looks much less trans, still a little trans in some places and as you told another problem is which each pa/daz artist like to handle they hairs in "diferent ways" and even having diferent "type of hairs for each generation making really hard to work with daz hairs in unreal, in general the hairs with "more texture maps" are better to handle than the ones with less, because the less you have the more you need or to create yourself one or to make some "work around adjustments" making things more complicated to work, if all hairs followed a proper "pattern" of have the same ammount and type of texture maps(all the needed ones) thenb maybe could be more easy and perfect to make a generic work to work 100%.

Post edited by Ellessarr on

poor Lydia cannot get a burger

• SadRobotSadRobot Posts: 116
    SadRobot said:

Thanks! That offset is what I needed. It's funny how much easier to set up this is in Blender Eevee

LOL I don't know how I ended I being credited with the quote but this annoys me too with transmapped hairs

iClone also does it sometimes and openGL in DAZ studio

I have started avoiding transmaps and using mesh hairs but they are heavy, the grooms look promising but you need expensive software

They're also expensive in regular rendering engines. My render times triple in Octane, Cycles, Redshift, etc. once I get transparency bounces set the the appropriately astronomical number.

edited May 2020

fixed floor added a plane under

going the other way

bit pointless as uses all my VRAM so not going to be able to add much

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

sometimes I fluke stuff

instead of RTFM I just rightclicked and searched in my Third Person Player Blueprint and tried something

and it actually compiled and worked

..... I had utterly no idea what I was doing to be honest other than the key press to do something bit

I know it sounds pretty basic and sad but I take achievements where I can get them as they are so few cheeky

• soon to be Unreal Engine 5!

soon to be Unreal Engine 5!

lol, damn you beat me, man it's gonna be insane, millions of polygons in a single asset wow, well to be fair it not gonna be full possible in "characters" because a high poly character (millions or close to millions polygons), to be "animated" can be a nightmare for weight paint, which is one of the reasons game characters normally ate not "high poly", the more polygons, more it can be troublesome.

but really looking foward to the new engine.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

lol, to be fair i really doubt any "game" will use "millions" poly count asset anytime soons even "after the release", because it would means make the game get like 3x to 10x more "space", like a 10 giga space game turning in a 30 to 100 giga space game, or a 100 giga become like a "1 tera", that would be insane, worst would be "imagine have to "download" this monstrous game in your pc, but it can help improve the "polygon budget" which some peoples use to "attack" games or using assets A or B in game and all the "optimization issue.

• KetsyColaKetsyCola Posts: 86
    Ellessarr said:

lol, damn you beat me, man it's gonna be insane, millions of polygons in a single asset wow, well to be fair it not gonna be full possible in "characters" because a high poly character (millions or close to millions polygons), to be "animated" can be a nightmare for weight paint, which is one of the reasons game characters normally ate not "high poly", the more polygons, more it can be troublesome.

For characters, I believe weight painting and animating can be done via low poly proxy model and have that data transferred to higher poly. As long as the topoflow remains the same, having an algorithm calculate the patches of weight paints should be easy. I mean.... Films already handle high poly organics, whether it be characters or creatures. Granted, it's not in the billions but the poly count for film quality organics is much much higher than games. The way I see it, UE5 is just looking to erase the line that long-separated games and film.

KetsyCola said:
    Ellessarr said:

For characters, I believe weight painting and animating can be done via low poly proxy model and have that data transferred to higher poly. As long as the topoflow remains the same, having an algorithm calculate the patches of weight paints should be easy. I mean.... Films already handle high poly organics, whether it be characters or creatures. Granted, it's not in the billions but the poly count for film quality organics is much much higher than games. The way I see it, UE5 is just looking to erase the line that long-separated games and film.

it will go from "each" film studio, for exemple if i'm not wrong in pixel, the only "high poly stuffs" in the models normally are things like "hair and fur", the base model normally would be like around 100k less, since pixar don't worry "about realism" and make cartoon characters, then the base character don't need to be "high poly" only really stuffs like hair is where goes "all the poly stuffs budget", now for more realistic films/movies like resident evil or final fantasy then you can really get a "high poly character(close to million).

but indeed it could "remove the gap between game and film, making any game have the same quality of any "cinematic trailer but again it could go to the other trouble of "inflate the "game size" to really insane numbers, like some games going around 1 tera byte space.

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,370

The Unreal Engine 5 demo looks utterly fantastic. Maybe one day DAZ will partner with UE... Of course, that's probably a pipe dream considering they have their own content store. 

The Unreal Engine 5 demo looks utterly fantastic. Maybe one day DAZ will partner with UE... Of course, that's probably a pipe dream considering they have their own content store. 

Oh dear GOD yes!!! I would die happy!

Has there ever been discussion of how to use Megascans textures in DAZ / Iray?

Ellessarr said:
    KetsyCola said:
    Ellessarr said:

it will go from "each" film studio, for exemple if i'm not wrong in pixel, the only "high poly stuffs" in the models normally are things like "hair and fur", the base model normally would be like around 100k less, since pixar don't worry "about realism" and make cartoon characters, then the base character don't need to be "high poly" only really stuffs like hair is where goes "all the poly stuffs budget", now for more realistic films/movies like resident evil or final fantasy then you can really get a "high poly character(close to million).

but indeed it could "remove the gap between game and film, making any game have the same quality of any "cinematic trailer but again it could go to the other trouble of "inflate the "game size" to really insane numbers, like some games going around 1 tera byte space.

The thing about file sizes is that they're always increasing as the years go. This is something we all have to accept, whether some of us like it or not. The good thing is that as file sizes increase, so does available storage space for consumers. We're entering into a new era for film and games, so we need to adapt along with it or we risk getting left behind.

wow another big, really big news unreal changed his "royalties fee, now gonna be 5% after you reach your fist million

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/faq

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)

Unreal Engine (UE4) is a complete suite of creation tools for game development, architectural and automotive visualization, linear film and television content creation, broadcast and live event production, training and simulation, and other real-time applications.

We offer a choice of licensing terms depending on your use of Unreal Engine.

• Unreal Engine End User License Agreement for Publishing: This license is free to use and incurs 5% royalties when you monetize your game or other interactive off-the-shelf product and your lifetime gross revenues from that product exceed $1,000,000 USD. 
    • Unreal Engine End User License Agreement for Creators: This license is free to use and 100% royalty-free; you can use it to create internal or free projects, or to develop linear content or custom projects for clients, but not for publishing off-the-shelf offerings.
    • There are also options for custom licenses. Contact us to inquire about a custom license for either games or non-games use.

Get Unreal Engine here, and with one free download access all engine features, the full suite of integrated tools, and the C++ source code for the entire engine. You’ll find documentation, tutorials, and support resources, plus tons of free content, including templates, sample games, and complete projects to quickly get you on your way to building anything you want!

Epic regularly releases new versions which include updates, improved features, community contributions, and bug fixes. We also share live changes to source code through GitHub.

You can access C++ source code via GitHub here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK9JytK_sBg

it's really awesome, but i'm a little confuse about it, because it's means which as soon i reach the "1 million" when i'm starting to pay i have to pay the ammount of the previous 1 million plus the current one "after one million"???? like let's say i've ended getting a 1.500.000,00, then whe i gonna start to pay i have to pay  the 5% of 1.500.00 or the value of the 500.000,00, that got me a little confuse, because it's means which after reach 1 million i have to save at last 50.000,00( the 5% of  1 million once 10% means 100.000,00).

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,217

that ue5 tech demo is so good.  sometimes i wish daz would just be a character system plugin for Blender and UE.

KetsyCola said:

lilweep said:

that ue5 tech demo is so good.  sometimes i wish daz would just be a character system plugin for Blender and UE.

yeah that unreal engine 5 would be the "perfect moment for daz do some "real step" toward game since the "issue which some peoples used as argument about "daz being bad for game" is going to ending next week and we gonna be able to use the "high poly stuffs from daz like some crazy outfits and hairs in a single character without have to worry about "poly count", that would be really perfect.

Another thing while i do know which we have "moderators" looking at the forum i would love to know if any of the daz main staff team take any look at the forums, i means the peoples behind what is good or bad or what can be made like the "suggestion" or if any "important topic is passed to daz team by the moderation, to be clear is not any "complain or anything" just curiosity to know "how much daz team is really aware about what happens in the forum than just the "basic" forum stuffs deals.

unless they live under a rock I am pretty certain they are aware of Unreal Game engine and others,

they even tried breaking into the Unity3D market with Morph3D

what happens on the forum is really pretty much unrelated to the content sales and usage of DAZ royalty free assets by customers as one of the largest user-base, the adult art and visual novel community  cannot even post on the forum.

Ellessarr said:

KetsyCola said:

lilweep said:

yeah that unreal engine 5 would be the "perfect moment for daz do some "real step" toward game since the "issue which some peoples used as argument about "daz being bad for game" is going to ending next week and we gonna be able to use the "high poly stuffs from daz like some crazy outfits and hairs in a single character without have to worry about "poly count", that would be really perfect.

I can't speak for others, but in my case it's not about high poly count. Unreal has been able to handle millions of polygons for a while now, so high poly Daz models or clothing aren't an issue. The issue I'd like to see, um..."resolved" is compatability with other 3rd party packages, including real-time engines. The current exporting is fine, but it could be better imo. Also, the addition of the Universal Scene Description file type would be nice as well. It would make things a lot easier, especially when working with whole teams. But again, that's a personal preference of mine.

KetsyCola said:
    Ellessarr said:

KetsyCola said:

lilweep said:

I can't speak for others, but in my case it's not about high poly count. Unreal has been able to handle millions of polygons for a while now, so high poly Daz models or clothing aren't an issue. The issue I'd like to see, um..."resolved" is compatability with other 3rd party packages, including real-time engines. The current exporting is fine, but it could be better imo. Also, the addition of the Universal Scene Description file type would be nice as well. It would make things a lot easier, especially when working with whole teams. But again, that's a personal preference of mine.

yeah i also have some issue with the "export" system, while it's awesome to be able to export morphs and others stuffs the fact which it don't proper export the "texture" is a big issue making we need to export all the missing maps like normal, specular and others, would be good if they fix this making the "export feature" export all the used maps not just the "base color', this is why i would love some good improviments, they could take a look at iclone character creator and they "export tool" to see what could be added to improve.

my dream would be a sort of fusion between iclone character creator and daz studio, i means get all the good game support tools from cc and place inside daz and i would be happy.

• yeah i also have some issue with the "export" system, while it's awesome to be able to export morphs and others stuffs the fact which it don't proper export the "texture" is a big issue making we need to export all the missing maps like normal, specular and others, would be good if they fix this making the "export feature" export all the used maps not just the "base color'

One of the things my plugin does is collect all those extra textures for you smiley

I was watching for a DM from you by the way, didn't see one.  So if you sent me one, I'm not ignoring you, just can't find it.

yeah i also have some issue with the "export" system, while it's awesome to be able to export morphs and others stuffs the fact which it don't proper export the "texture" is a big issue making we need to export all the missing maps like normal, specular and others, would be good if they fix this making the "export feature" export all the used maps not just the "base color'

One of the things my plugin does is collect all those extra textures for you smiley

I was watching for a DM from you by the way, didn't see one.  So if you sent me one, I'm not ignoring you, just can't find it.

I wish I coudl understand using DAZ assets in UE. Unfortunately, I've never seen a DAZ character in UE look even a quarter as good as it does in Iray, which is baffling to me.