Known Forum Issues Curently Being Worked On and Old Forum Link

Comments

• Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 547
    edited May 2012

I'm very confused at the moment as to how to report this forum issue. Perhaps it is known already and being worked on.
    I am unable to receive PMs. Folks trying to PM me get an "invalid username" error. I can send them apparently, just not received them.

Do I send an email to someone? Open up a ticket?

Please advise.
    Thank you.

Post edited by Muon Quark on
  • de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

I'm very confused at the moment as to how to report this forum issue. Perhaps it is known already and being worked on.
    I am unable to receive PMs. Folks trying to PM me get an "invalid username" error. I can send them apparently, just not received them.

Please advise.
    Thank you.

Muon Quark,
    Just out of curiosity I tried to send you a PM and got:
    "One or more of the Screen Names submitted were invalid."

Would you try to send me a PM to see if the same thing happens for me?

Thanks.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2012

Muon Quark This is one of the known issues. It does appear to be connected to either a name change, or even possibly having had 2 accounts at some stage.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Muon Quark This is one of the known issues. It does appear to be connected to either a name change, or even possibly having had 2 accounts at some stage.

Yes to both of those. Since they already know about, I'll just wait for a fix.
    Thank you.

edited December 1969

de3an said:

Please advise.
    Thank you.

Muon Quark,
    Just out of curiosity I tried to send you a PM and got:
    "One or more of the Screen Names submitted were invalid."

Would you try to send me a PM to see if the same thing happens for me?

Thanks.

I was able to send you one without any problems. You won't be able to reply, however, until they fix it.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited December 1969

You had two Muon Quark IDs, the old one and a new one created today. That was bound to cause a problem (and the site should have blocked it). Any way, your new account is now Muon Quark 2012 - are you able to access the old one? You shouldn't have two accounts so we will need to block one.

edited May 2012

You had two Muon Quark IDs, the old one and a new one created today. That was bound to cause a problem (and the site should have blocked it). Any way, your new account is now Muon Quark 2012 - are you able to access the old one? You shouldn't have two accounts so we will need to block one.

Huh??? I don't understand what you're saying. No new account was created today, at least not by me. I am using the same account the system let me use when I logged in after the forums came up a few days ago. Are you saying there are two Muon Quark accounts and that one has to be deleted? If so, I would prefer to keep the one that says just Muon Quark, not the one that says Muon Quark2012.

Thank you.

EDIT to add: Crap. I just noticed my screen name has changed. Can I please have the old one back?

Post edited by Muon Quark on
    edited December 1969

Yes, I can switch the names - it was just that both accounts were there with the same name and that was what was breaking your PMs Ithink. |So I can put the old one to MQSnr and lock it.

edited December 1969

Yes, I can switch the names - it was just that both accounts were there with the same name and that was what was breaking your PMs Ithink. |So I can put the old one to MQSnr and lock it.

Thank you, I would appreciate that very much.

edited December 1969

Done, I hope

edited December 1969

Done, I hope

Thank you Richard. As soon as I verify the PMs are working, I'll be out of everyone's hair.

• daz3_57718312fadaz3_57718312fa Posts: 0
    edited May 2012

A first post in the new forum to get a dated entry up. bla bla. All of this has already been mentioned.
    -All of my old PMs have gone missing. I was saving those messages and am sad to not have them there.
    -Still can't post an avatar.
    Forum is deleting empty lines so no paragraph breaks. Going to make it difficult to read things.
    I like the new colors. Now all you need is some aquamarine to get back to the (very) old forum style.
    I like the 'check spelling' feature.
    Good luck. Hope the site is at full speed soon.
    Edit:
    That would be Orange but the purple isn't really aquamarine. hmm

Lines are only going missing in preview mode apparently.
    Edit II:
    No. line breaks are definitely going missing. But then when editing they are back.
    Oo, I like the character counter. Like any post around here is going to 30,000 characters or whatever it is. There's an idea, post something that maxes out the counter and see what breaks.
    Edit III:
    Had to add a line break. It's an OC thing.
    Edit IV:
    There should be an edit counter, this would be like way into double digits.
    Edit V:
    Ok so you can edit even after someone else has posted, not all forums allow that. Now to see if it breaks the thread. mwa ha ha.
    Edit VI:
    Well that is wrong...Edits don't break anything, well brain damage not included, it's deleting posts that break things around here. duh. Hmm, have to wonder what deleting does to post count...

Post edited by daz3_57718312fa on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

de3an said:
    RAMWolff said:
    In the Control Panel area, when you get into that area shows you your first page which seems to be very messed up...

See the image below. If this is on purpose I think you guys are smoking way to much weed. It's confusing and annoying to see my persona information misaligned like that! Please add that to the list to fix! THANKS!

I'm seeing the same staggered misalignment.

The "View Subscriptions" page has the same problem.

I knew there was another pane that had the info all misaligned but couldn't remember which it was.... I now have coffee! lol

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited May 2012

Staggered columns are a way to take up the allotted space. They do make it difficult to read though.

atticanne1.jpg
    100 x 100 - 11K
    Post edited by atticanne on
    edited May 2012

Just looks like sloppy coding to me! :-S

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    edited December 1969

Not really sloppy. It's a standard template that most stores have. Ours was the same way until we changed it.

edited December 1969

Ah, I see... well still seems out of whack to my eyes so hopefully they will align things evenly in time!

edited December 1969

I'm sure there are a lot of tweaking that's gonna be done once they get all the major stuff fixed.

edited December 1969

Sure hope so... with all the grumblings from the community I guess the forums were just as important as the store in many eyes it seems! :gulp:

edited December 1969

It is important to them and they are working constantly on both even though it don't seem it.

edited December 1969

Well Frankie, you know this community as well as Annie... we are about as patient as a mosquito drilling for blood! lmao

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

Me, too!

Dana

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Not really sloppy. It's a standard template that most stores have. Ours was the same way until we changed it.

I hope you're going to fix that...it's annoying and confusing to the eye.

Dana

edited December 1969

LOL I can't fix anything. but i think DAZ can, at least we hope.

• ArdivaArdiva Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

WandW said:
    ]Poser Pros allowed for images in line when it was archived! WAAAAAAAAAAAAH~ :ohh:

Hey-the Poser Pros archive is gone too! :ahhh:

Hi Wanda..I just went to the PoserPros website to retrieve more of my products for backup, but the website is no longer there.
    Needless to say, I'm very angry about this.....VERY angry indeed!!

• ArdivaArdiva Posts: 3
    edited May 2012

DanaTA said:
    RAMWolff said:

Me, too!

Dana
    Looks like someone doesn't know what they are doing. Daz should take a hint from the Anonymous Forum website, "whyweprotest.com"
    to see what a nice job they did on upgrading their own forum within 48 hours. *serious*

Post edited by Ardiva on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited May 2012

Jaderail said:

Sounds like a job for your browser's Back Button!

The link to the categories is supposed to go to their 1st page.

Personally, I just have to add my voice to those Mooing that the forums will never be fully functional until The Millennium Cow is released!!

The categories will never "Sort By Date" until The Millennium Cow is released!!

So I'm the only one who liked the old Forum better than the last forum? Everything worked by the Forum software you did not have to use the browser to do what a good forum should do. :blank:
    I also would prefer all links to open in a NEW tab. That is a PITA. I have hit some sites that will now allow BACK in my browser.
    ...ditto. When I've hit the "back" button after clicking on a link, I sometimes get a "This Page has Expired" warning. This is very frustrating especially when it happens while writing a reply that includes links as it kills everything written like a full network timeout does.

As to the timeouts, they are getting a bit annoying. Fifteen minutes is not a long time, especially when connectivity is slow and you have to wait a couple minutes just to load a page. Like others here, I often do things like attend to household duties, work on pics, research subjects, etc, while on the forums. Though I have FF set up to automatically insert my login info, when the page pops up, the fields are left blank. I have to close down the tab and reopen it to get the login with the username/password (It's been so long I do not remember my original site password).

...another interesting situation...

Earlier today when I was timed out and clicked on the login link at the top of the page, I was routed to my account page which indicated I was already logged in. When I returned to the forums, I was logged out again. Basically, I couldn't pull up the login page at all, and as mentioned above, I had to close the tab to and open the site in a new one to get the login page.

Several other sites have dual logins, one for the store and another for the forums. That might be a better solution as the store sign in could be set to time out for reasons of account security while the forums didn't.

Concerning the issue with the email reminders in Gmail all going into one single thread rather than separate ones for each thread, it is a real bother. On workdays I am gone for around thirteen hours so reminder notices pile up pretty quick in my inbox by the time I get home. To have to slog through a single long thread (each entry with the same title) is to put it mildly a bit of a pain in the bum. Is this something that can only be fixed through one's Gmail account and if so, what are the steps?

...oh, and the Underline tag apprently italicises rather than underlines text.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

REVENGE OF THE RANDOM POSTS

When I got to the top of the page and click on "View New Posts", sometimes I see new posts (posted in the last few seconds, etc), sometimes I don't!

Sometimes posts vanish from the top of the "View New Posts" page, sometimes they move positions. (Not vanishing due to moderator meddling).

Then sometimes nothing new appears in "View New Posts", but when I go to the forum home, just seconds later, I see new posts a few MINUTES old?!

This does not fill me with confidence.

:coolhmm:

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    LOL I can't fix anything. but i think DAZ can, at least we hope.

Well, of course...I didn't mean you in the personal sense, I meant you in the sense of the collective known as DAZ3D.

Dana

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Earlier today when I was timed out and clicked on the login link at the top of the page, I was routed to my account page which indicated I was already logged in. When I returned to the forums, I was logged out again. Basically, I couldn't pull up the login page at all, and as mentioned above, I had to close the tab to and open the site in a new one to get the login page.

I found that if you log out on your account page, then log back in, you can go to the forums and you will still be logged in. What a pain! But it works.

Dana