[LINKS] Doctor Who freebie list: Regeneration

Comments

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

Welcome to Gallifrey, Miss Smith.

• edited December 1969

Next project...

Since we've got two companions, it's time for a DOCTOR!

Bear in mind this is still a work-in-progress. A w.i.p. that's haunted me for over two years. I can't tell you how many times I've scrapped a model and started all over from scratch!

Anywho...

doctorwip03.jpg
    812 x 748 - 255K
    doctorwip02.jpg
    812 x 748 - 259K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited February 2014

Next project...

Since we've got two companions, it's time for a DOCTOR!

Bear in mind this is still a work-in-progress. A w.i.p. that's haunted me for over two years. I can't tell you how many times I've scrapped a model and started all over from scratch!

Anywho...

He's got a hard face to do with the dial morphs...heck. it won't be that easy to sculpt on an M4 base, either. I think one of the hardest things is to get the hair right.

Anyway...I've been playing with sculpting Sarah Jane for Genesis2...with little success. You've inspired me to keep trying though...

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

That #4 morph looks good so far. The big test for this character, though, is the teeth. If the mesh can handle an unhinged grin that Daleks fear and the entire Osmond Family run away from, without rupturing the space-time continuinuinuum, at that point I think you could call it "done". ;-)

• blutobluto Posts: 823
    edited December 1969

can you tell us what texture you used please

edited December 1969

edited December 1969

bluebeatle3

very nice work on the morphs I am really impressed with the tom baker . would love to see you tackle William hartnell patric troughton or john pertwee

• edited December 1969

bluto said:

I used Mihrelle's Riley character textures with the diffuse values set at 1.400000.

• edited December 1969

Y'know, some likenesses come easy. And others are like a nightmare. This one is pure Freddy Krueger.

One step forward, one step back. I hope you guys picked up i13's BOOM Nose System for Sarah Jane, because you're gonna need it for the Doctor.

Anywho...

doctorwip05.jpg
    812 x 748 - 280K
    doctorwip04.jpg
    812 x 748 - 277K
    edited December 1969

you know that is probably the best hair ive ever seen used on a tom baker poser figure ,what is it and where can it be found . what are you using for skin texture on ol tommy ? if it was up to me I would call that one done its going to be difficult to get it to look any more like tom, which it already does to a great extent.

• edited December 1969

bluto said:
    you know that is probably the best hair ive ever seen used on a tom baker poser figure ,what is it and where can it be found . what are you using for skin texture on ol tommy ? if it was up to me I would call that one done its going to be difficult to get it to look any more like tom, which it already does to a great extent.

Thanks, bluto. I think this is it, too. Now, to do different expressions and see if it holds.

The hair is from Ali (hr_018). I got it from Rendo, but, I don't know if it's still available. I got it years ago because I thought it would make great Tom Baker hair, too. The texture (at least for the face) is something I whipped up.

edited December 1969

could you do us a favor and include the face texture with the morph please please please

edited December 1969

bluebeatle3
    man you are good , ive only had the traker wand for a couple of days and I already found all 6

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=3f45b9447f189bb97fc137c8288c80&prevstart=0
    but it is up to you guys to figure out how to get it to convert into an obj. file in sure theres some way google it

Render_3.jpg
    1116 x 848 - 136K
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,771
    edited December 1969

bluto said:
    bluebeatle3
    man you are good , ive only had the traker wand for a couple of days and I already found all 6

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=3f45b9447f189bb97fc137c8288c80&prevstart=0
    but it is up to you guys to figure out how to get it to convert into an obj. file in sure theres some way google it

I simply downloaded the Collada version and it loads right into Poser....

edited December 1969

WandW said:
    bluto said:
    bluebeatle3

could you post a link to that one please

edited December 1969

bluto said:
    WandW said:
    bluto said:
    bluebeatle3

could you post a link to that one please

It's the link you posted, just select the drop-down on the button to download in Collada format.... :)

• ssweetessweete Posts: 115
    edited December 1969

anyone know where i can get a new earth cat nurse hat?
    http://www.withanaccent.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/dw_newearth_catnurse.jpg

edited December 1969

ssweete said:

That type of whimple is called a Cornette. A google search turned one up at the 3D Studio for a cool $120... :ohh:

• MGHSFAN2kMGHSFAN2k Posts: 125
    edited December 1969

Hey,
    How did you do the nose (as geometries) the first time without i13's BOOM Nose System as I found out I can't use it on DAZ Studio (which is my main rendering source)?

edited December 1969

any progress on that tom baker morph?

• amy_aimeiamy_aimei Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

ssweete said:

It doesn't look too difficult to make one.

• edited December 1969

bluto said:
    any progress on that tom baker morph?

I had to take a break from it for mental health reasons... It was driving me CRAZY! But, I will get back to it soon.

• ginonovantaginonovanta Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

Hi guys!I downloaded the classic tardis console but i can't manage to install it,it won't find the texture files, i tried to put them anywhere but i still can manage.
    Could someone give me and hand?

thanks

• KnightStalker000KnightStalker000 Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

I'm surprised nobody has added a Matt Smith likeness (or any other prior Doctors) to the collection of Doctors on here. So far we've only got likenesses of Tom Baker, Christopher Eccleston, and David Tennant available to us, we need the other ten (including John Hurt and the upcoming new Doctor, Peter Capaldi).

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,574
    edited July 2014

I'm surprised nobody has added a Matt Smith likeness...

Actually, there was a couple. I think Werts may have made one, but if he did, it disappeared when he pulled all of his content from ShareCG. Then there was CD2009 (later renaming himself to CD2010, then 2011, then 2012, well, you get the idea). He shared a Smith along with some other DW and TorchWood likenesses at ShareCG, but since he didn't handle constructive analysis too well, he too pulled his content.

Now, BlueBeetle was developing a very convincing Matt Smith for M4 which was discussed in the ongoing Doctor Appreciation thread. He reached a certain point of development and then things kinda' went quiet. You might want to contact him to learn its current status.

Sincerely,

Bill

Post edited by Redfern on
    edited December 1969

On the old board's thread there was also a morph for Drax from Freak 3, but I haven't seen hide nor bald head (almost said "nor hair" but he hasn't any) of it. Anyone have a lead, or remember what I'm talking about?

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,574
    edited December 1969

"Drax from Freak 3"?

Ah, wait, given your recent question in the Doctor Appreciation thread, do you possibly mean "Strax" the Sontaran for use with Freak 3? I don't have one specifically capturing Dan Starkey's features, but I do have a "face pose" to create a generic Sontaran. You can download it from this link...

http://www.mzzkiti.com/Freak-Sontaran-1.zip

Please note you’ll need the “full” Freak 3 figure along with the Michael 3 head morphs for it to work. Please read the included instructions as they explain how much certain body parts should be scaled.

The package also contains a helmet and collar to use with the altered figure. (For my own projects, I’ve since abandoned the collar in this set for one closer in appearance to Lynx’s and Styre’s helmet ring. But since it’s based upon the geometry of a spacesuit offered by Shukky, I can’t share it; sorry.)

Feel free to add the link to the freebie list if you want.

Enjoy!

Sincerely,

Bill

edited August 2014

That's the one! Thanks, Bill!

Added to the list!

Post edited by Eustace Scrubb on
    edited December 1969

The Doctor Who Freebie List will be moving soon to a new location. The new regeneration will be linked from the first page of this thread. After that point this thread will still be active but the links-list will not be updated here any longer. Thank you.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2014

:-(

Post edited by Chohole on