Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

forcefer said:
    Does not work, gives an error:
    RuntimeError: Bad magic number in .pyc file
    posr pro 2012
    Help please
    Did you really mean to post in Product suggestions? The Poser Forum or The Commons would be a better place. I can move the thread for you if you say which.

Crying Time says Poser 7 and above, which means it is using an older version of Python scripting. Some of the vendors products have been updated, but not all.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited December 1969

heh, and while Cho was asking I upped and moved the thread to Poser Discussions. Product Suggestions is for suggestions of new products to be made, or for searching for an existing model of a particular thing.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Check for an update. Bad magic number errors are usually caused by a compiled script, from one version of python trying to be run on a newer version of python, and being precompiled it can't get recompiled at runtime, while a plain .py file will be compiled each time it's run.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

I don't think DraagonStorm ever updated this product.

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

I don't think DraagonStorm ever updated this product.

Crying Time was updated.

• Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

I'm getting the same error. It worked ok on XP P7,

But now I'm running Windows 7 and PPro2014. I tried it in both 64 and '86- 32 bit mode.

I went and downloaded the most recent files online at DAZ.

There was a file called 'update' and I used that first. Clicking on the pose no longer gave me an error; it just sat there and did nothing.

Then I went and Ran the exe for the whole file that was there, figuring to write over anything existing.

When it completed, I called on it and got the same pyc bad magic notation as before.

Any thoughts? It was a great app in XP P7.

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

I'm getting the same error. It worked ok on XP P7,

But now I'm running Windows 7 and PPro2014. I tried it in both 64 and '86- 32 bit mode.

I went and downloaded the most recent files online at DAZ.

There was a file called 'update' and I used that first. Clicking on the pose no longer gave me an error; it just sat there and did nothing.

Then I went and Ran the exe for the whole file that was there, figuring to write over anything existing.

When it completed, I called on it and got the same pyc bad magic notation as before.

Any thoughts? It was a great app in XP P7.

Crying Time for Poser was updated... I checked in my own Product Library, and filtered with Crying Time. I showed two products named "Crying Time for Poser"... Be sure to use the one that says "Update for product to also work in Poser 9 " in the description.

• I am having the same problem now.  I am using Poser 2014 and it's not working for me. It works on a regular V4 model, but after changing skins and adding morphs it no longer works.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited May 2018

I am having the same problem now.  I am using Poser 2014 and it's not working for me. It works on a regular V4 model, but after changing skins and adding morphs it no longer works.

If it works for regular V4 but not for some add-ons then it isn't the same problem. Please give more details of what is happening (or not happening).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • I know this thread is old, but there was an update for it in 2015.  I use it in Poser Pro 2014 and it works fine.  It was mentioned at the time it also worked with Poser 9.  I was also receiving that same error which sent me on the hunt for an update.  I don't remember where I found it and if it's still available.  Maybe somebody can contact DraagonStorm and Marieah unless they have already since this thread seems to be prior to the update.  The main product is still available.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,996

Unfortunately Draagonstorm passed away in 2016.

• I just downloaded the latest version from my product library, which includes new scripts aimed at Poser 8 and Poser 9, going by the file names. The scripts which are called by the pose files have been changed to choose which of the new scripts will run depending on the Poser version in use.

It seems to work in Poser 11. The Python scripts run without error, and the material is modified correctly, at least when starting from a simple material set-up. I doubt it would cope well with a material that didn't use the original PoserSurface node, or any of the Superfly / Cycles nodes of course.