Mac version progress?

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I basically have stepped away to other software, but I'm always keeping an eye on Carrara to see what is going on. It was my software of choice until Daz bought it, and it has been buggy with slow development since. I'm curious if the bugs, crashing, etc in Mountain Lion have been fixed in 8.5+?

Comments

• TGS808TGS808 Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

I'm curious if the bugs, crashing, etc in Mountain Lion have been fixed in 8.5+?

Yes, it's been fixed.

• That Other PersonaThat Other Persona Posts: 381
    edited December 1969

I run 8.5 on Mavericks (10.9.1) and it is pretty stable. Carrara crashes from time to time, but it is no serious and usually is just a matter of my having forgotten to save.

• OldminerOldminer Posts: 134
    edited December 1969

I run Carrara 8.5 Pro on an iMac with OS 10.9 and it is very stable unless I try to do something pretty dumb.

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited February 2014

I have a few crashes from time to time. As I did long before Carrara was bought by Daz... Actually allow me to correct that, I certainly have FEWER crashes now that Carrara is 64bit and most of the memory leaks during animation are now fixed.

And while C8.5 is not without some issues, Daz has fixed 100's of bugs that Eovia left in, so....

Post edited by wetcircuit on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Interestingly enough, I use a Carrara 7.2 Pro render node on an Intel iMac Core2 duo (or whatever it's called), running Mavericks. No weird crashes, and I don't seem to have the difference in gamma that would rear it's ugly head when rendering with GI or volumetric clouds before I upgraded from Snow Leopard. Or was it Tiger? I can't remember. Whatever it was before Mavericks.

• TGS808TGS808 Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

Whatever it was before Mavericks.

That was Mountain Lion.