DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.2.120, General Release, Now Available for Download!

Comments

• wowiewowie Posts: 2,029
    edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:

Not sure if this is it, but the "Parameter" tab reacts to "Consolidate Properties", meaning when that is *enabled* the selected body parts e.g. bend both. The "Posing" tab reacts to "Display Separate Items", meaning when that is *disabled* the selected body parts e.g. bend both. I usually have "Consolidate Properties" enabled and "Display Separate Items" disabled - though this can cause confusion at times ;)

Thanks for that bit of info. Both parts will rotate if you have 'Display Separate Items' unchecked in the Shaping tab's properties. So it looks like it's a feature and not a bug.

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

@Roygee
    Notifications work sporadically for me too smile

Have you looked in the log file to see what it is looking for? Go to Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File, and you should see the error message in full in there (hopefully). Start DS, try the interactive lesson, when you get the error message, exit from DS, reload DS and look at the Log File. They are sometimes extremely large, so got to the end, just before where your current session has started.

I haven’t heard of anyone else having problems with it so far. Do you run DS as Administrator? I hve it set up that way, and it gives very few problems.

@JimmyC - yes, I do run as administrator.

The only error I can see in the log is that it failed to load 3D mouse - which I don't have, anyway :)

Pity the log file doesn't show date and time to help narrow down the search.

Thanks for the help - I'll file a report

Cheers

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

When viewing the log select all, delete, save and then retry the problem action...that will give you a 'clean' log from that point. Alternately, after clearing the log, restart DS. Another way is to find the log file in the appdata follder and delete it there....

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Thanks - done that, still can't identify what the problem is, but it does give me a clean log file to send with my support ticket :)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited December 1969

wowie said:
    Renpatsu said:

Not sure if this is it, but the "Parameter" tab reacts to "Consolidate Properties", meaning when that is *enabled* the selected body parts e.g. bend both. The "Posing" tab reacts to "Display Separate Items", meaning when that is *disabled* the selected body parts e.g. bend both. I usually have "Consolidate Properties" enabled and "Display Separate Items" disabled - though this can cause confusion at times ;)

Thanks for that bit of info. Both parts will rotate if you have 'Display Separate Items' unchecked in the Shaping tab's properties. So it looks like it's a feature and not a bug.

It may be a bug that there's no Consolidate Properties option in Shaping, though. Report it and the team can decide.

• wowiewowie Posts: 2,029
    edited February 2014

It may be a bug that there's no Consolidate Properties option in Shaping, though. Report it and the team can decide.

Thanks Richard. Submitting now. Everything else I've seen seem to work fine.

Post edited by wowie on
  • chorsechorse Posts: 163
    edited February 2014

Just a few DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.2.118, General Release issues.

1. The installer has changed the install directory folder in Windows from C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 to C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public build. Unless one manually changes the installation you will end up with both release programs. Was this change really necessary?

2. Confirm per-pixel bug that changes sky domes,sky boxes, or similar products to black. This was also an issue in DS 4.6.2.106 64bit beta.

3. Posing in aniMate2 using the universal manipulator, with blank aniBlock, and IK on cause DS to crash. DS crash reports sent to support.

chorse said:
    I do not know if anyone else is experiencing it, but I am getting extremely long scene (duf) load and save times in DS 4.6.2.106 64bit beta as compared to the last official release DS 4.6.1.39 64bit. As a comparison listed below are the load and save times for an identical scene in each version. It does not matter which version the scene was originally saved in. The scene is an animation scene with 2 V4 characters, hair, clothing, sky-dome, and a scene with props.

DS 4.6.1.39 64bit:

Load scene: 1 minute
    Save scene: 50 seconds

DS 4.6.2.106 64bit beta:

Load scene: 7:30 minutes
    Save scene: 25:15 minutes

Win 8 64bit.

Still an issue an issue DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.2.118, GR

Just my two cents worth.

Post edited by chorse on
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Which installer!? The manual .exe didn't do that. At least not to me.

CHEERS!

edited February 2014

@Rogerbee

I also downloaded and installed it manually. It was 64 bit Windows version. The default path the installer choose was: C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public build

Post edited by chorse on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

chorse said:
    @Rogerbee

I also downloaded and installed it manually. It was 64 bit Windows version. The default path the installer choose was: C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public build

That sounds like you have downloaded the Beta version by mistake?
    edited February 2014

chorse said:
    @Rogerbee

Yes, my Public Build folder is still 4.6.2.106 while my plain Studio 4 folder is 4.6.2.118 (at least for the 64 bit versions).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

If it isn't the beta, then it's a packaging problem...

Check and make sure, in the Help > About dropdown that it is the actual 'release' build.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

It might be picking up the last install location from the beta -- did anyone else install the beta with DIM and the public release with the Bitrock installer?

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Sorry to skip in here but I got a Update for DS4.6 in DIM the day this thread was posted and now I have another set of updates. I have never installed the Beta so it in theory the new update is not the beta and as far as I can tell this version seems to be the same as the last one a few days ago. This has me confused ok not hard I know but still. Can anyone shed light on this

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Sorry to skip in here but I got a Update for DS4.6 in DIM the day this thread was posted and now I have another set of updates. I have never installed the Beta so it in theory the new update is not the beta and as far as I can tell this version seems to be the same as the last one a few days ago. This has me confused ok not hard I know but still. Can anyone shed light on this

It fixed the issue a few people were having where the Tools toolbar items were repeated over and over.

edited December 1969

I thought it might be so I did look back in this thread to see if that was the case and couldn't find a reference to it.. Thanks mike.

edited December 1969

The original was 4.6.2.116, but when the update to .118 was released the first post was edited.

edited December 1969

Tricksy thanks Richard

edited December 1969

chorse said:
    @Rogerbee

Yes, my Public Build folder is still 4.6.2.106 while my plain Studio 4 folder is 4.6.2.118 (at least for the 64 bit versions).

Definitely something to check, I've never used betas and have always used the manual installer, and, thus far, this has been pretty much issue free, barring the tools thing, but, with the layout I had, it didn't really affect me anyway. However, it was good to have an update that didn't have it.

CHEERS!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

i'm about to install luxus. if i update my DS to this new build, will Luxus and Eluxer still work okay?

edited December 1969

i'm about to install luxus. if i update my DS to this new build, will Luxus and Eluxer still work okay?

Yes, the plug-ins are still compatible back to 4.5 (though newer plug-ins may require a newer version of DS as a minimum, if it works in an older version, back to 4.5, it will/should work in more recent versions).

edited December 1969

chorse said:
    @Rogerbee

It looks like DS installer installed the General release version 118 into my Public beta folder instead of the regular release folder. I could not have downloaded the beta by mistake, because it shows version number (.118) and the beta is only available through DIM, which I did not use. I am OK with this because of the long loading and saving times issue; I would rather keep the last release ver .39 on the computer. The DS GR installer did pick up the public beta folder instead of the standard DS4 folder by default. It's just something to watch out for if one is installing the general release manually, and also has the beta versions installed.

P.S. Also, it did not ask me to uninstall the previous version.

edited December 1969

Hmm, perhaps next time, getting rid of any reference to the Beta before installing a new public build might be a good idea.

CHEERS!

edited February 2014

I always do a custom installation, so you just has to make sure you verify the installation path. I don't think it's a big deal, I'm giving users a heads-up that this is what occurred on my installation. :coolsmile:

Actually, I am much more concerned about getting to the root of the extremely long load and save times that have occurred in the last few versions. :question:

Post edited by chorse on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

is there tips and tricks for a completely clean uninstall? app data, cms, etc

i want to install the new build to a freshly formatted hd partition.

thanks !

• CMacksCMacks Posts: 202
    edited December 1969

I just updated to the new version after using 4.6.0.188 since its release. I'm noticing a slowdown in the interface responsiveness, mostly using scenes with V4 saved in that older version. Seems to get worse as it goes (like a memory leak) On a Mac with 16 Gb RAM... Any thoughts or advice?

• MardookMardook Posts: 291
    edited February 2014

So I have spent the past 4 or 5 days downloading all the zip files through the DIM system, very time consuming but I wanted to be sure that I had the latest versions of all the updated files.

I uninstalled the previous versions and wiped out all corresponding folders and files.
    Then I installed the newest version of DS without too much fuss. ;D

Just to be sure, I backed up a lot my scenes, textures, shapes, presets and so forth on a portable drive.
    I have re-installed most files and have opened saved scenes although that will take some time to assess what is working or not.

Fixed: The starter essentials files did not install, or rather download fully. Have downloaded them and got them installed.
    No issues so far! :D

Post edited by Mardook on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Where did you install the Genesis Starter Essentials to? There are two files to download and install, Genesis Starter Essentials AND Genesis 2 Starter Essentials, the second one contains both the Male and Female Genesis 2.

The files you are looking for are installed into the 'data' folder in your DAZ Content Library, nine are here :

C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Female
    C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 2\Male

Make sure that the Library that holds the 'data' folder is listed in the Content Directory Manager, or DS will not be able to find them. If you installed using DIM, into the default location, then you should have C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library listed as BOTH Poser and DS Formats.

DSF is only used in the 'data' folder, and the figures are loaded by using a DUF file from My DAZ 3D Library.

• MardookMardook Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

CMacks said:
    I just updated to the new version after using 4.6.0.188 since its release. I'm noticing a slowdown in the interface responsiveness, mostly using scenes with V4 saved in that older version. Seems to get worse as it goes (like a memory leak) On a Mac with 16 Gb RAM... Any thoughts or advice?

Although I am by no means an expert, but did you check to see if you have any excess reality or meta data.

I had this issue, check in the scene tab, there should be a tab there that you can click to show hidden nodes.
    I had a fun time deleting hundreds and sometimes thousands of reality or meta data instances from my old saved scenes or sometimes forced be to delete them.

All my fault by the way, I was saving materials with these ghost data in them and it resulted in my saving these bloated scenes wondering why they were taking so long to open, close or render for that matter. :o

edited December 1969

chorse said:
    I always do a custom installation, so you just has to make sure you verify the installation path. I don't think it's a big deal, I'm giving users a heads-up that this is what occurred on my installation. :coolsmile:

Actually, I am much more concerned about getting to the root of the extremely long load and save times that have occurred in the last few versions. :question:

The one time I noticed long load times was where an object in the scene contained a mesh smoother, like converted hair or clothing. I haven't checked that with the new version yet.

One thing I did do which sped things up a lot was to clean up my start-up menu, this is where Windows stores programs it thinks you will want to open when Windows launches. About 85% - 90% are things you don't need and can disable. You can access it via msconfig on older versions of Windows or Task Manager on newer ones. DS loaded a lot quicker after I cleaned that up.

CHEERS!