Auto-detect runtimes

WheatpennyWheatpenny Posts: 31
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

How do I make the "auto-detect runtimes" feature work? Every time I click on it nothing happens, so I'm forced to add runtimes manually.

Comments

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

I think that's preferable to load them manually, if not you risks to have some files with incompatible items which would seem empty in Carrara.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

How do I make the "auto-detect runtimes" feature work? Every time I click on it nothing happens, so I'm forced to add runtimes manually.

Works for me with Carrara 7.2 Pro. I assume you are using Carrara 8.5?

• WheatpennyWheatpenny Posts: 31
    edited December 1969

yeah, Carrara 8.5 on Windows 8.1.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Not to hijack the thread, but I just noticed your sig. Welcome friend! I'm not part of any meeting, and I tend to lean toward more of a secular humanist view, but I was brought up as one, and consider myself a friend of the Friends.

edited December 1969

Not to hijack the thread, but I just noticed your sig. Welcome friend! I'm not part of any meeting, and I tend to lean toward more of a secular humanist view, but I was brought up as one, and consider myself a friend of the Friends.

Cool. I'm a liberal Quaker with strong leanings toward Eastern Mysticism. I usually identify myself as a Hindu-Quaker (Hindu Quakers account for approximately 5% of the Quaker population).
    (there are also secular humanist Quakers, and even atheist Quakers too.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,210
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I've never even tried the Auto-Detect until recently, when I did a complete reinstall of everything to test out the DIM - worked really well.

edited December 1969

Yeah, I've never even tried the Auto-Detect until recently, when I did a complete reinstall of everything to test out the DIM - worked really well.

I'm beginning to suspect it might be a Windows 8.1 issue. Win 8.1 broke a few other programs, like it created the "disappearing" libraries problem in Poser, etc.

• dot_batdot_bat Posts: 373
    edited December 1969

if you havent installed poser libraries it wont find any runtimes, ive read its only for poser material