RRRR Story Winners!

13»

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited February 2014

barbult said:
    My avatar is Ken Gilliland's Hyacinth Macaw. I have lots of his birds, and I don't remember which package it is in. The birds are now sold at Hivewire 3D and are currently on sale. (Not that I'm suggesting you buy it to make a mockery of me. %-P )

I have the macaw :)

macaw3.jpg
    900 x 825 - 226K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659
    edited December 1969

Another thought....

When Novica mentioned that her 'SeaNautica' character would be, as she (you are a 'she', are you not?) put it, 'fair game', it occurred to me that we could also have a bit of fun with some of the 'avatars' that we've created -- I'll happily toss Martin and Alexis into the melee, and who else remembers Luci's 'Witch Balea'? (I ran across her while meandering down 'Memory Lane' a little while ago, and I recalled that she had appeared in several of Luci's entries....)

So, if somebody doesn't feel comfortable lampooning (parodying, satirizing -- pick whichever gerund fits) the artists themselves, perhaps they'd be less hesitant about playing around with one of the characters we've created.

Oh, and further following up on Novica's concern about new people being at a disadvantage, perhaps we could flesh out our DAZ profiles a bit....

Just brain-farting here...!

Good idea, Ken. The Witch Balea showed up in a couple of mine 'cause I kept pulling V4 Witch. Also my dear cross-dressing Lord Biddle has made a few appearances.

lord_biddle_3.jpg
    581 x 647 - 239K
    edited February 2014

I'd better chip in and help you out a bit since I haven't done the RRRR so your background knowledge would be a bit sketchy. I also think it's important for folks to know that even though my Arabian Nova died September 13th this past year, it is perfectly fine to use a horse like that in your renders if you poke fun at me. Nova would think that was funny. (He is my avatar and always will be.) I currently have a jet black Morgan named Stetson if you prefer to go current-day pokes. (Smaller horse, extremely long mane and tail) Most of you know, but in case you don't-I live in Florida, am only 25 minutes away from the beach.

Post edited by Novica on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    barbult said:
    My avatar is Ken Gilliland's Hyacinth Macaw. I have lots of his birds, and I don't remember which package it is in. The birds are now sold at Hivewire 3D and are currently on sale. (Not that I'm suggesting you buy it to make a mockery of me. %-P )

I have the macaw :)
    Wrong macaw, but I guess you could say that it's me in disguise LOL. That looks like a blue and gold macaw. Do you have the Hyacinth texture for him? Or should I say "her" since I am female.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited December 1969

...the Kid is "out", as I still am facing the possibility of losing my home after this month since there apparently will be no new vote on the unemployment bill anytime soon.

I've been kicked around enough by the powers that be and the trolls on the various forums relating to the unemployment issue.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,508
    edited December 1969

Sorry to hear that Kid. And Ken, what a great job, and to they other hanging here, I think we're ready to rock, gonna post the thread today afternoon (morning US time).

edited February 2014

barbult said:
    My avatar is Ken Gilliland's Hyacinth Macaw. Do you have the Hyacinth texture for him? Or should I say "her" since I am female.

I can convert it probably based off the macaw (I was a national magazine artist, 2D type) so sketching in the different bill/etc might not be too difficult. I just might put you in a scene with Ken :)

Post edited by Novica on
  • Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

Well, since it appears to be 'fess-up' time, I guess I should tell you..., my 'avatar'..., isn't; it's really me. (And oh, what fun you guys are doubtless going to have with that!) And the ever-present Martini (well, it's not ever-present; I do wait till Happy Hour!) has become something of a running gag in these RRRR threads. And the 'handle' is my real name, less a bit of extraneous Irish punctuation. Yeah, I'm pretty much an open book around here.

I live in rural east Texas, so feel free to make hay with that little tid-bit; in fact, I live on a prairie just outside of Huntsville, which is a farming-and-ranching community, a college town (Sam Houston State University), and where the state's prison system is headquartered.

I collect books, ornamental black glass, quilts and Tarot decks. I also own a Faberge egg, a robot, a model of a Boeing 787 Dreamliner made of Legos, a Star Trek Tri-Dimensional chess set, and a binary wristwatch. I have four computers; three of them are Macs. I am the Uber-Nerd.

Just don't call me Sheldon.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...the Kid is "out", as I still am facing the possibility of losing my home after this month since there apparently will be no new vote on the unemployment bill anytime soon.

I've been kicked around enough by the powers that be and the trolls on the various forums relating to the unemployment issue.

Sorry to hear that KK, I followed that other thread for a bit and everyone has advice and opinions- most wanted to help but there's always a few that don't come across right or really weren't helpful.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited February 2014

...there were also a number of options I had already looked into before they were suggested so no fault on anyone's part.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,508
    edited December 1969