DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.2.120, General Release, Now Available for Download!

Comments

• Iczer1Iczer1 Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

I've tried to install and I keep getting a dialog box saying something along the line "error trying to install that directory..." And i ignored all the way to the end... and it stops. I get 3 choices: Retry, Ignore and Abort.

On a Mac if that helps.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Iczer1 said:
    I've tried to install and I keep getting a dialog box saying something along the line "error trying to install that directory..." And i ignored all the way to the end... and it stops. I get 3 choices: Retry, Ignore and Abort.

On a Mac if that helps.

What directory are you trying to install to?

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
    edited December 1969

I must apologize to all concerned parties concerning a certain recent post that has since been removed. I had no intentions of making it sound the way it did. Suffice it to say that I was not thinking clearly at the time. In the future I will take pause before typing my messages in order to think about what is actually relevant to the subject at hand.
    Please accept my apologies.:red:

edited December 1969

Iczer1 said:

On a Mac if that helps.

What directory are you trying to install to?

the default directory that the installer is trying to install to/in

• MadbatMadbat Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

Wow, I'm glad I decided to read teh forums before installing this pile of junk. I think I'll wait a bit on this one.

• atozedatozed Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

Say, wasn't there an "Open Recent" option under File in the beta? What happened to that?
    Use the Script to rebuild your menus from your base content directory under scripts:Utilities and it will be there.

And the name of the script is?????

• msorrelsmsorrels Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

\scripts\utilities\Update and Merge Menus.dse

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited February 2014

SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:
    Is it just me or does Reality 2.5 no longer work? The plug-in is listed as there and registered and ... I see this in log file:

DEBUG: 0: Toolkit found: C:/3D/DAZStudio4/scripts/Reality/RealityToolkit.dse
    DEBUG: 1: Toolkit included
    DEBUG: 2: Reality Toolkit v.2.0
    WARNING: Unhandled error while executing DAZ Script.
    WARNING: QScriptEngine::popContext() doesn't match with pushContext()

It is working for me. The following appears in my log:

DEBUG: 0: Toolkit found: C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/scripts/Reality/RealityToolkit.dse
    DEBUG: 1: Toolkit included
    DEBUG: 2: Reality Toolkit v.2.0
    DEBUG: 3: UI created in 0.38 seconds.

Attaching a screenshot.

What version of Reality do you have? It is possible, I guess, that I missed an update?

There has been no updates for awhile, but my version is 2.50.1.122 (according to the Plug-in screen).

Even though you have a non-standard path for RealityToolkit.dse, I assume that it has worked with the previous release?

Ahhh, timing!

I went back to my saved downloads to find what version I had and then to Paolo's site (armed with orders numbers) to see what version I'd get and, I was not surprised to see!, I had, like you, the latest.

This made me sit back and think and apply my sys prog logic ... "what has changed?" in a recursion ... if it wasn,t DS (as implied by your results) what was before that? So, I 'unplugged; the latest OcDS plug-in and .. voila. Reality is back working! I'll raise that over on the Otoy site (after I check the latest, just a short while ago, beta release). Thanks for the input/help.

@Bobvan - SAFE TO UPGRADE YOUR DS ... assuming you don't have OcDS too !:)

OcDS what is that a version of DS OCD?? I have to ask what is the rush to always feel the need to pump out a new version every 6 weeks? Why not pump out one or 2 a year that's actually tested and stable.

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • jaebeajaebea Posts: 454
    edited December 1969

I had hoped that collada would be fixed but its not. Here's what I get inside Marvelous Designer

Daz_collada.jpg
    552 x 707 - 80K
    edited December 1969

Madbat said:
    Wow, I'm glad I decided to read teh forums before installing this pile of junk. I think I'll wait a bit on this one.

I have found that reading the forums before updating is a wise thing to do. While I feel for those of us that are having troubles with the new build, I am also glad that they have seen fit to post what is happening with it. They are helping those of us that have yet to upgrade.

This most recent build appears to have quite a few problems, from what I am seeing here, so I will wait to see what will happen to get a more stable build up and working. Though the problems being posted may not affect me if I were to go for this upgrade, I do not wish to lose the use of DAZ Studio because of an unforeseen problem.:bug:

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

From what I've been able to read, it seems to me that a lot of issues stem from using the DIM to do everything. I never have and haven't had issues when it comes to installing any new version of DS right from when I first got DS4. If the DIM causes issues when you try to install DS then don't use it, do it manually.

I don't use the CMS either, I just use the main content library and check forums to see if anything has been updated. Just because this and the DIM exist it doesn't mean that you HAVE to use them.

Try the manual route and see how you all get on, if you don't have any issues then I would strongly suggest that you stick with that option

CHEERS!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited February 2014

And the odd thing is I've been running the New build from 10 minuets after its release without one error. It's another your mileage may vary type thing.

I do not Export so no info on that.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,489
    edited December 1969

Iczer1 said:

On a Mac if that helps.

Installing using the installer it looks like (and on Mac OS X 10.8+), hit ignore. BitRock installers just seems to have problems with 10.8+ enhanced security, or use DIM, which works.

edited February 2014

Jaderail said:
    And the odd thing is I've been running the New build from 10 minuets after its release without one error. It's another your mileage may vary type thing.

I do not Export so no info on that.

Great,

What do you do before you install a new version? I don't do anything and just let the .exe do its thing, it detects the previous version and uninstalls it. I then follow any prompts and it goes on its merry way and installs and runs without a hitch.

Whenever I read that anyone has had issues, be it with DS itself or content, the things they have done differently to me are to use the CMS and the DIM. It strikes me that these two are the major things that Daz either need to work on or drop altogether. I don't mind zips, but, I trust my own zip manager way more than I do Daz's,

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
    edited December 1969

I always hand install with exe for Programs. I do use the CMS so I stop it then install. Never a issue.

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,489
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I always hand install with exe for Programs. I do use the CMS so I stop it then install. Never a issue.

BitRock installers (some of them) do have slight problems with the enhanced security in Mac OS X 10.8+.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Cool,

Perhaps others should follow our example. That tools thing does look to have happened with my install, but, that particular menu is turned off. I loaded up the layout which had all the tools on it, customised it and turned off the tools I don't use. It's all fine.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

I have a a custom interface layout/style but did not edit the toolbar's, so no issues there either.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I haven't edited the toolbars...mainly because every time I tried on the previous version, it would crash and burn...thereby resetting them back to what they were before I tried to edit them. And it wasn't because I needed the 'extras', just because I wanted to edit them...so no problem, either way.

My only issue was the tdlmake problem, that crops up from time to time...and it's more due to the fact I'm not running in Window or Mac that seems to be the root of it.

And as to the content/database problems...I really think there is something external to DS behind it. Because there is a rash of them, recently...and not all happened after the version update. But not stopping the CMS before updating isn't going to help anything.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I have a a custom interface layout/style but did not edit the toolbar's, so no issues there either.

Nice,

It seems to me that the 'fun' starts when people do things they 'think' they need to, not what they actually need to.

CHEERS!

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

I'm a couple of builds behind, but going on past experience, I'm taking it for granted that I'm going to have to edit the badly saved stuff in all of the starter essentials packs yet again.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    I'm a couple of builds behind, but going on past experience, I'm taking it for granted that I'm going to have to edit the badly saved stuff in all of the starter essentials packs yet again.

a) the content hasn't been updated
    b) what badly saved stuff? Do you mean items that are not in the expected place in the content folders or CMS, or stuff that actually has problems? I certainly haven't noticed any of the latter.

---------------------------

I use the DIM to install content and applications, though I haven't gone back to reinstall all my older content, and am not experiencing issues (other than the Tools toolbar, which does not seem to be a grave matter.)

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,163
    edited December 1969

...]Fixes are coming for the Tool bar issue, we have to test it first to make sure the fix worked and didn't break anything else.

Hmmm... I keep getting this mental image of barndoors and horses... :-(

edited December 1969

I only use the DIM for Content installation. If and when I decide to upgrade to the new build, I will be installing it via the .exe. Sorry if I did not clarify that.

When the DIM was first released as a Beta version, I was having problems that were not actually related to the DIM itself; rather it was due to being told to map my own install path, which cause files to be installed into an inaccessible place for DS. (A lot of details I will not go into here.) I finally got some good advice concerning the DIM on how to fix that and have had no problems with it since. That being said, I have not really trusted the DIM to do well with installing DAZ Studio upgrades, and would rather install those via the .exe.

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Iczer1 said:

On a Mac if that helps.

Installing using the installer it looks like (and on Mac OS X 10.8+), hit ignore. BitRock installers just seems to have problems with 10.8+ enhanced security, or use DIM, which works.

I did hit Ignore (10,000+) to the end of the install and then it states, "there was a error installing...." and then shuts down. Come to think of it, I think it was the DM. D/L'n the DSP manually and it's working.... And now back to our regularly scheduling thread.

End of Line ...

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

The new release today still says:

Multi-threaded: OpenMP is not supported on this platform.

Does this mean that Daz Studio can only work on a single core on OS X? Are we ever going to get OpenMP?

DS uses OpenMP and that was disabled due to 10.8 not working with OpenMP, to include crashes.
  • areg5areg5 Posts: 617
    edited December 1969

In the properties tab, there are now little hearts in the translate and rotation tabs and when you hover over it it says "click here to toggle the favorite state of this property." What does that mean?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited February 2014

If you make a parameter a Favourite it will appear when you click the Favourites group in the pane's left-hand column - it's a way of grouping things you want quick access to because you use them often. Here I've added a transform, a morph and a pose control:

favourites.JPG
    511 x 434 - 37K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • DAZ_cjonesDAZ_cjones Posts: 637
    edited December 1969

areg5 said:
    In the properties tab, there are now little hearts in the translate and rotation tabs and when you hover over it it says "click here to toggle the favorite state of this property." What does that mean?

A property marked as favorite will show up when you click on the "Favorites" item between the "All" and the "Currently Used" on the left hand side of the any of the tabs showing parameters. Its a short cut to find properties you like.

It can also be used in connection with the Transfer Utility to only transfer a subset of morphs.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited February 2014

I loaded up the script and reapplied the City Limits layout (my layout of choice) then relaunched the application. Everything looks right again as it did in the Beta.

Post edited by RCDeschene on