Hello, the results are in!

1st - luci45#4 - Return of the Golden Hinde

2nd - karibousboutique #2 - How Karibou Stole Christmas

3rd - karibousboutique #1 - The Guardian

4th - barbult #1 - Get Me To The Church On Time

5th tie- obanion#03 - In-Laws and Out-Laws

5th tie - Jindi#01 - Grandpa’s Whirlwind Romance

And the prizes as follows:
luci45: One item from Jack Tomalins store, One item from Tottes Store plus $35 DAZ GC
karibousboutique (dual places): One item from Tottes Store plus $45 DAZ GC
barbult: $12 DAZ GC
obanion & Jindi : $3 DAZ GC

I will start to work on GC distribution... sit tight, and congrats to all winners. This was a fun but demanding contest, well done everyone!

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited January 2014

YESSSSSS! Wonderful renders, well deserved winners!!!!!! Totte, just PM me as to how you want me to contribute my share as a sponsor. SO PROUD OF EVERYONE!

(Edit- just noticed that Ken and Jindi tied for fifth- and they are together in my SeaNautica story. Hmmmm.)

Post edited by Novica on
  • Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,085
    edited December 1969

Congrats to the winners :D

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

Congratulations everyone! It was a fun contest and amazing what people can create from a random draw.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,649
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to winners and all of us - so many excellent stories and renders! And thank you to Totte and sponsors. The RRRR is so much fun! :cheese:

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Congrats to all the entrants and the final winners, fabulous job everyone! I enjoyed following each of them, so much time and effort you all contributed.

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

I'd like to offer my own congratulations to the winners, and to say what a great time I had with this one!

Yeah, it was an unusual and decidedly demanding challenge this time, but everyone stepped up and swung for the fences (and I can't believe how quickly I lapsed into cheesy baseball metaphors! Especially because I absolutely hate baseball!)

Sorry; my mind wandered off there for a bit. But I'm back now.

Anyway, as I was saying.... Congratulations to all the winners, and a hearty 'Well done!' to everybody. We always get to see some really remarkable work in these RRRR contests, and this one was certainly no exception; indeed, I think you guys have raised the bar yet again! And that's a good thing!

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    (Edit- just noticed that Ken and Jindi tied for fifth- and they are together in my SeaNautica story. Hmmmm.)

Yeah, what about that?

Is this a case of 'art imitating life' (or is it 'Life imitates art'? I can never remember!), or just a freakish coincidence?

Or are there unseen forces at play here that we're probably better off not inquiring into...?

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

Novica said:

Yeah, what about that?

Is this a case of 'art imitating life' (or is it 'Life imitates art'? I can never remember!), or just a freakish coincidence?

Or are there unseen forces at play here that we're probably better off not inquiring into...?

This whole conversation gives me ideas.... Mwhahahahahahaha! (sorry, I had to let that laughter out)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Novica said:

Yeah, what about that?

This whole conversation gives me ideas.... Mwhahahahahahaha! (sorry, I had to let that laughter out)

Oh No! Look what happened last time you got an idea. ;-)
    But seriously, this was fun, and a little twist now and then keeps it fresh. Thank you, generous sponsors, for the rewards for our efforts.

And Ken, your posts in the thread are as entertaining as your great stories! I love to read your comments.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to Luci, KaribousBoutique (twice!) Barbult, Ken and Jindi - well done all of you!
    And thanks to Totte for the idea - it was great fun (although more work than usual!) doing the story renders.

• Tarina KiviTarina Kivi Posts: 488
    edited March 2017

Post edited by Tarina Kivi on
  • GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103
    edited December 1969

Congratulations Everyone! Great Contest!!

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

Holy crap! 2nd and 3rd? I'm flattered and really surprised -- the creativity for this one was over the top. I enjoyed reading the entries from this competition more than I enjoyed writing my own! Thank you so much, and congrats to the other winners!

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all the winners and the rest who did with the contest, nice story's and it was fun :lol:

edited December 1969

Novica said:

Yeah, what about that?

You do know that the SeaNautica story got put in the Art Studio thread- you did save the day by offering up your Jet Bike (turned Jet Ski) for our heroines to use out in the bay? You hero you! (And poor Jindi and you spent time out on some rocks at a lighthouse in the story (that's where SeaNautica plopped you) so I hope art doesn't imitate life, it wasn't very comfy.) I'll tell you a little secret- I had tried to do a character that looked like you, but your avatar was too small for me to get good enough details- I'm picky. So that SAVED you. (For now. I can always revisit that idea...)

Is the next RRRR ready? Did I miss the link?

edited December 1969

So what is the status of RRRR? Totte? I've been checking in and haven't seen any explanation at all as to what is going on, or missed it.

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    So what is the status of RRRR? Totte? I've been checking in and haven't seen any explanation at all as to what is going on, or missed it.

I'm working on the next one, trying to pick elements from the past ones and make something different again, just takes time to find a format that will be fun and challenging.

I like the story part, and I like the chain elements and I do like when we add each other to our stories, so I'm trying to come up with a contest that has some of those elements in it.

I've have some ideas, still very much just ideas. One was that for your first entry, you pick a "DAZ personality or Mod", then for the subsequent ones you pick someone that as already entered in the RRR, haven't decided how picking items yet, but the idea is to render "A day in xxxx life", but I see that it can be problematic, thats why I'm not running it yet, I have to think how to keep it from being "intrusive" but still fun.

edited December 1969

One way to keep it from being intrusive is to ask the folks that enter to pick from some questions and they can decide what to share. Give them a lot to choose from. Here's a few things brainstorming, in case it prompts some more ideas for you.

Things like
    your favorite hobby
    your pet peeve (we could REALLY have some fun with that one, as long as they are family friendly.)
    favorite place to visit
    your dream vacation spot you haven't gone to
    where you'd go on a cruise
    something you hate to do
    your favorite color
    what personality trait you find most obnoxious
    favorite animal
    animal that would best describe you
    type of clothes you would never wear (wicked cackle)
    favorite period of time in history
    something you wish you owned
    something you wish you didn't own
    what makes you laugh
    favorite and least favorite foods
    least favorite decorating style (modern, western, abstract, eclectic, retro, etc)
    favorite and least favorite sport

and so forth.

edited December 1969

Also came to mind:

job you wish you had
    jobs you have had
    least favorite job you have had
    the worst boss trait
    favorite way to travel
    most exotic food you've ever tried

edited December 1969

My idea was just that to put person X in one by the artist created and most probably completely out of any logics or context environment or situation. What we do know is what do people render, we have a long history if RRRR to look back at.

For example, if I was to Pick barbult, I would most certainly have someone driving a motorcycle with a huge cherry tree on the back.

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Novica said:

Yeah, what about that?

You do know that the SeaNautica story got put in the Art Studio thread- you did save the day by offering up your Jet Bike (turned Jet Ski) for our heroines to use out in the bay? You hero you! (And poor Jindi and you spent time out on some rocks at a lighthouse in the story (that's where SeaNautica plopped you) so I hope art doesn't imitate life, it wasn't very comfy.) I'll tell you a little secret- I had tried to do a character that looked like you, but your avatar was too small for me to get good enough details- I'm picky. So that SAVED you. (For now. I can always revisit that idea...)

Is the next RRRR ready? Did I miss the link?

I'm probably inviting all kinds of public humiliation here, but....

You could always check my Facebook page; there are several reasonably accurate (read, immensely unflattering) pictures of me there...!

edited December 1969

You could always check my Facebook page; there are several reasonably accurate (read, immensely unflattering) pictures of me there...!

I see laser beams, a box of disk drives and a baton ;-)

edited December 1969

Totte said:

Were you able to get to any of my picture galleries? (It's kind of hard to tell what's "public" and what isn't....)

edited December 1969

Totte said:

Were you able to get to any of my picture galleries? (It's kind of hard to tell what's "public" and what isn't....)

I didnt even try ;-)
    My imagination is wild enough ;-)

edited December 1969

but your avatar was too small for me to get good enough details- I'm picky. So that SAVED you. (For now. I can always revisit that idea...)

Dude, someone already gave that information up to mebout three weeks ago.... :) (One of our fellow RRRR-ers)
    You're lucky though- I haven't had time to twiddle with it.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,649
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

I may have shared these with Novica already.... Hehe. :)

It would be fun to do a render of you conducting with a laser baton.

I agree that this could be a bit intrusive. Maybe people could be given the opportunity to "opt out" of being caricatured or mocked in any way, at the beginning of the contest.

edited December 1969

One idea is that you have to first post your pull, and at that time post a list of 3 person you want to render "a day in xxxs life" for. Then they have lets say 2 days to back out, and if they don't then you are good to go, what do you think?

It sounds like you like the basic idea, and we an always have the mods as targets just in case all on your list backs out.

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    One idea is that you have to first post your pull, and at that time post a list of 3 person you want to render "a day in xxxs life" for. Then they have lets say 2 days to back out, and if they don't then you are good to go, what do you think?

It sounds like you like the basic idea, and we an always have the mods as targets just in case all on your list backs out.

What if we depict ourselves instead of each other? That could eliminate all sorts of complications.
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Totte said:

What if we depict ourselves instead of each other? That could eliminate all sorts of complications.

That was also a thought I had. But I like the idea of letting a martini-lunching drow meet the cherry-tree running biker. If we do like this. We pull, and when we post the first pull, we say YES or NO to be a render target. We need to pull and post the pulls rather fast, then within two days there will hopefully be a lot of targets to render, and we always have the mods in case we run out. No more than one "mock" of each target per person. Does this sound like OK?

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    barbult said:
    Totte said:

That was also a thought I had. But I like the idea of letting a martini-lunching drow meet the cherry-tree running biker. If we do like this. We pull, and when we post the first pull, we say YES or NO to be a render target. We need to pull and post the pulls rather fast, then within two days there will hopefully be a lot of targets to render, and we always have the mods in case we run out. No more than one "mock" of each target per person. Does this sound like OK?

It sounds pretty complicated to me. I don't think I fully understand the concept yet. I'll wait until you make a final decision and see if I can understand the posted rules!

By the way, I have no interest in motorcycles. :-P I wonder why they seem to be prevalent in my renders? I know I drew one when I did Muck and Mavka's honeymoon. Other than that, I have no explanation. But if that is how you picture me, have at it. :lol: