DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.2.120, General Release, Now Available for Download!

Comments

• SederdedSederded Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

Following your instructions was a wild goose-chase, and to add insult to injury now after re-installing the studio software EVERYTHING is gone. Seriously and totally gone... no longer accessible anywhere. I followed the directions to a "T" and even re-installed my database files when it showed that everything had disappeared. To no avail. Now EVERYTHING is gone, even with the DB files re-installed.

Seriously - this upgrade has already set me back one full business day.

I'm at an internet cafe to use the WiFi... don't have internet at home yet after moving overseas recently; is there anything I can do - at all - to even get it back to "just as broken" as it was this morning? Now it's unusable.

edited December 1969

Actually - here's a twist: after restarting the machine and restarting DS - content is viewable ONLY IN "Products" view... not in "Files" view (which is by far the preferable view, b/c it lists 3x's more content)...

What's the work around for it showing only Products???

edited December 1969

Sederded said:
    Actually - here's a twist: after restarting the machine and restarting DS - content is viewable ONLY IN "Products" view... not in "Files" view (which is by far the preferable view, b/c it lists 3x's more content)...

What's the work around for it showing only Products???

ACTUALLY - IT SHOWS THE CONTENT... ICONS ARE THERE... BUT CONTENT IS STILL NOT AVAILABLE... once you click on the content in Products View it's all "!" again... and the message about 'File Does Not Exist' message again.

This is a really screwy upgrade guys...

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Sederded said:
    Following your instructions was a wild goose-chase, and to add insult to injury now after re-installing the studio software EVERYTHING is gone. Seriously and totally gone... no longer accessible anywhere. I followed the directions to a "T" and even re-installed my database files when it showed that everything had disappeared. To no avail. Now EVERYTHING is gone, even with the DB files re-installed.

I'm at an internet cafe to use the WiFi... don't have internet at home yet after moving overseas recently; is there anything I can do - at all - to even get it back to "just as broken" as it was this morning? Now it's unusable.

You stopped CMS, removed the database files, started CMS, reimported your metadata and your content is gone?

You put the database files back, or replaced the newly generated database files with the old ones?

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,890
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Is it just me or does Reality 2.5 no longer work? The plug-in is listed as there and registered and ... I see this in log file:

DEBUG: 0: Toolkit found: C:/3D/DAZStudio4/scripts/Reality/RealityToolkit.dse
    DEBUG: 1: Toolkit included
    DEBUG: 2: Reality Toolkit v.2.0
    WARNING: Unhandled error while executing DAZ Script.
    WARNING: QScriptEngine::popContext() doesn't match with pushContext()

It is working for me. The following appears in my log:

DEBUG: 0: Toolkit found: C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/scripts/Reality/RealityToolkit.dse
    DEBUG: 3: UI created in 0.38 seconds.

Attaching a screenshot.

Reality.jpg
    1901 x 1080 - 426K
    edited February 2014

"You stopped CMS, removed the database files, started CMS, reimported your metadata and your content is gone?

You put the database files back, or replaced the newly generated database files with the old ones?"

-------------

Yes, stopped CMS, removed db files, reinstalled software, started CMS, and it's screwy. How would I reimport "only" the metadata?

I replaced the newly generated database files with the old ones... what's the alternative? If the others didn't work?

Post edited by Sederded on
  • Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
    edited December 1969

Well I have not upgraded yet, and when I launched DAZ Studio this morning all my Smart Content was gone. All my presets in the Surfaces (Colors), Posing, and so forth are gone as well. I can access them in the Content Library, but navigating to the files is much more time consuming. As I noted that someone else is having this problem also, and it appears to not be related to the new build, there must be another issue occurring. I plan to try shutting down my PC and then starting it up a bit later to see if that fixes the problem. I had this problem with an earlier build also, and the computer restart resolved the issue.
    Fingers Crossed! lol

edited December 1969

Well I have not upgraded yet, and when I launched DAZ Studio this morning all my Smart Content was gone. All my presets in the Surfaces (Colors), Posing, and so forth are gone as well. I can access them in the Content Library, but navigating to the files is much more time consuming. As I noted that someone else is having this problem also, and it appears to not be related to the new build, there must be another issue occurring. I plan to try shutting down my PC and then starting it up a bit later to see if that fixes the problem. I had this problem with an earlier build also, and the computer restart resolved the issue.
    Fingers Crossed! lol

At least you can still access your files... I could earlier, the more time consuming way... but after trying the suggested work-around I've lost access to them altogether. Careful you don't "fix" it the way suggested above...

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Fingers Crossed! lol

What OS and if Windows...what AV? Check for an update to either/both in the last 24-48 hrs...if there are a rash of CMS problems all of a sudden, the chances of it being DS related are slim...but the chances of being a Windows/AV update are pretty high.

edited February 2014

Sederded said:
    "You stopped CMS, removed the database files, started CMS, reimported your metadata and your content is gone?

You put the database files back, or replaced the newly generated database files with the old ones?"

-------------

Yes, stopped CMS, removed db files, reinstalled software, started CMS, and it's screwy. How would I reimport "only" the metadata?

I replaced the newly generated database files with the old ones... what's the alternative? If the others didn't work?

Right click on the Content Tab or the Smart Content Tab, (After closing DS, turning off CMS, removing the Database Files turning on CMS, launching DS, in that order) choose DB Maintenance (See Screenshot) then choose Re-import Metadata. (See Screenshot)

Reimport.jpg
    286 x 261 - 24K
    DBMaint.jpg
    220 x 402 - 27K
    Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
  • launoklaunok Posts: 778
    edited February 2014

Not sure if the install to DS4.6.2.117, I have downloaded today plus minus 3 hours ago will be the updated version since reading the forum thread now only, noticed that there were some issues and fixes. Need I to re-download this version again to have these fixes, this is if the fixes has been done and incorporated already ... or when will be a better time to re-download, if needed?

Post edited by launok on
    edited December 1969

launok said:
    Not sure if the install to DS4.6.2.117, I have downloaded today plus minus 3 hours ago will be the updated version since reading the forum thread now only, noticed that there were some issues and fixes. Need I to re-download this version again to have these fixes, this is if the fixes has been done and incorporated already ... or when will be a better time to re-download, if needed?
    Fixes are coming for the Tool bar issue, we have to test it first to make sure the fix worked and didn't break anything else.
  • launoklaunok Posts: 778
    edited December 1969

launok said:
    Fixes are coming for the Tool bar issue, we have to test it first to make sure the fix worked and didn't break anything else.

Thanks, I will rather wait a while before re-download. Will check this thread to make sure when things are tested, etc. :)

edited December 1969

launok said:
    launok said:

Thanks, I will rather wait a while before re-download. Will check this thread to make sure when things are tested, etc. :)Note that unless you are using the Tool Bar "Tools" you will not notice a difference between this build and the fixed one.

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Fingers Crossed! lol

What OS and if Windows...what AV? Check for an update to either/both in the last 24-48 hrs...if there are a rash of CMS problems all of a sudden, the chances of it being DS related are slim...but the chances of being a Windows/AV update are pretty high.

My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I am working with a Toshiba laptop with an intel core i3 processor, and 4 GB RAM. My Hard drive is 500GB. I know, this is a low end machine by today's standards, but the last build has been working fairly well on this machine up to now. Last Windows update was about a week ago. I could do a system restore to an earlier state before that update, but I am not sure if that would fix it. As this just occurred today, I have my doubts about that, but I will try it. I'll let you know my results.

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited February 2014

Sederded said:
    Sederded said:

You stopped CMS, removed the database files, started CMS, reimported your metadata and your content is gone?

You put the database files back, or replaced the newly generated database files with the old ones?

Do not put the old data files back. This will not rebuild a corrupt database. You need reimport the metadata in a fresh install. After reinstall the CMS, go to the Content Library pane and select Content DB Maintenance... in the Menu option. In the next dialog box check Re-Import Metadata. Next checkmark all including User Data. If you made a lot of customization in the metadata, checkmark User Data Overrides Product Data, I hope this help you!

Captura_de_Tela_2014-02-11_às_15.50_.24_.png
    653 x 635 - 143K
    Captura_de_Tela_2014-02-11_às_15.50_.16_.png
    384 x 365 - 52K
    Captura_de_Tela_2014-02-11_às_15.47_.17_.png
    263 x 338 - 39K
    Post edited by MBusch on
    edited December 1969

Fingers Crossed! lol
    Also likely to be a corrupt Database.

Note we have been looking into solutions to the database corruption that some of you have seen. We just haven't found the right solution yet.

edited December 1969

Re-imported the metadata and I'm back in business in DS... however - DIM no longer installs files; not sure what to do about that? I just get 'Install Failed' without any explanation. I'm very happy to just get the content I've already bought back; if I never buy anything again I guess I'll live... but it'd be keen to get the DIM installing properly again. It installed (reinstalled) DS so I assume it's in working condition; looks like it's installing to the right place and everything, too...

Thanks for your help thusfar.

• chaoschaos Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

I am having the same problem as some other posters. I follow the link off the email, login, get transferred to my accounts page but don't get an option to download the new 4.6.2 version. The links just send me to my Account Dashboard with no options to download and the link to manually install is inactive. The link, posted in a reply to another poster, with the same problem sends me to my Product Library page but that has the previous 16 May, 2013 version not the 4.6.2 new version. I am running the 4.6.1.39 Pro Edition 64 bit version.

• TeadTead Posts: 105
    edited December 1969

How do I tell which version I currently have? :)

edited December 1969

Z@n3 said:
    About DAZ Studio. On Windows it is in the Help Menu on the right end of the list of menus, on the Mac it is on the DAZ Studio Menu, on the left end of the list of menus across the top.
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Is it just me or does Reality 2.5 no longer work? The plug-in is listed as there and registered and ... I see this in log file:

DEBUG: 0: Toolkit found: C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/scripts/Reality/RealityToolkit.dse

Attaching a screenshot.

What version of Reality do you have? It is possible, I guess, that I missed an update?

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,890
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:

Attaching a screenshot.

What version of Reality do you have? It is possible, I guess, that I missed an update?

There has been no updates for awhile, but my version is 2.50.1.122 (according to the Plug-in screen).

Even though you have a non-standard path for RealityToolkit.dse, I assume that it has worked with the previous release?

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    SimonJM said:

Attaching a screenshot.

There has been no updates for awhile, but my version is 2.50.1.122 (according to the Plug-in screen).

Even though you have a non-standard path for RealityToolkit.dse, I assume that it has worked with the previous release?

Ahhh, timing!

I went back to my saved downloads to find what version I had and then to Paolo's site (armed with orders numbers) to see what version I'd get and, I was not surprised to see!, I had, like you, the latest.

This made me sit back and think and apply my sys prog logic ... "what has changed?" in a recursion ... if it wasn,t DS (as implied by your results) what was before that? So, I 'unplugged; the latest OcDS plug-in and .. voila. Reality is back working! I'll raise that over on the Otoy site (after I check the latest, just a short while ago, beta release). Thanks for the input/help.

@Bobvan - SAFE TO UPGRADE YOUR DS ... assuming you don't have OcDS too !:)

• kurthurtkurthurt Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

kurthurt said:
    Plug-in failed to load!
    Filename:
    C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/dzpropertyeditor.dll
    Plug-in:
    dzpropertyeditor
    Author:
    Unknown
    Version:
    Reason:
    Library could not be loaded. File is not a valid DAZ Studio plug-in, or was made for a different version of DAZ Studio.

Unknown

You can safely delete that DLL it has been replaced.

thank you for the response!

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited February 2014

I find all these issues somewhat bizarre, aside from slow loading when an object had mesh smoothing enabled, and duplicate ID's, I haven't had any major issues at all with DS. I don't use the DIM or CMS, I've upgraded to this version and have just customised and saved a layout and it reloads just fine. Surely I can't just be lucky!?

When I download updates, I just double click the .exe and let it do its thing, I follow prompts and each and every time it has gone smoothly.

I'll be interested to know what, if any, issues anyone has had with this version of DS when running Windows 7 64 bit as I plan to use that OS for my new PC build.

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • TeadTead Posts: 105
    edited December 1969

Z@n3 said:
    About DAZ Studio. On Windows it is in the Help Menu on the right end of the list of menus, on the Mac it is on the DAZ Studio Menu, on the left end of the list of menus across the top.

Ok, thanks. I tried that prior to posting, but somehow must have missed the exact version number, and I only saw 4.6. I have version 4.6.1.33 Pro Edition 64 Bit. I want the new updates though, so, all that I have to do is go to my control panel and re-download the product and I should get the new release. Correct? :)

edited December 1969

Z@n3 said:
    Z@n3 said:

Ok, thanks. I tried that prior to posting, but somehow must have missed the exact version number, and I only saw 4.6. I have version 4.6.1.33 Pro Edition 64 Bit. I want the new updates though, so, all that I have to do is go to my control panel and re-download the product and I should get the new release. Correct? :)Either through Install Manager or through your Product Library on the site.

• ChromaDrakeChromaDrake Posts: 288
    edited February 2014

This update did some weird stuff with me. It completely deleted the Dazstudio.exe file when I tried the first download and install. There was nothing else in the Install Manager. I re-boot the computer and then Daz showed up in the Install Manager under Ready to Install. I took a chance and installed it and thankfully things worked fine.

I hope the people having problems with their content disappearing get it worked out. I'm never going to install an update again until at least a month have passed and I've checked the forums.

This makes me think I need to backup my content database. I used to do it for DAZ3 but I haven't done it with 4. Now to figure out how to do it.

Post edited by ChromaDrake on
  • KajiKaji Posts: 21
    edited February 2014

The new release today still says:

Multi-threaded: OpenMP is not supported on this platform.

Does this mean that Daz Studio can only work on a single core on OS X? Are we ever going to get OpenMP?

Post edited by Kaji on