How do you transfer Hair to Genesis

Type 0 NegativeType 0 Negative Posts: 323
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Using the Transfer Utility I can get hair to fit Genesis perfectly, but when I do so all movement morphs are lost.

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

DS 4.5 Auto Fit utility should retain the morphs. I know it does because I used it to refit some clothing that were getting the horrid "Duplicate ID" errors and poor fit issues. All the morphs are still there after the transfer. So give good old, SUPER IMPROVED, Auto Fit a go! :-)

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

Using the Transfer Utility I can get hair to fit Genesis perfectly, but when I do so all movement morphs are lost.

which hair are you having problems with as I can normally keep movement morphs as well. if I have the same hair I will have a try and see what results I come up with.
  • Type 0 NegativeType 0 Negative Posts: 323
    edited May 2012

I'm sorry but I'm afraid of 4.5, not been reading good things about errors, crashes, duff files parenting objs and broken plugins

I can get clothes to convert and retain morphs, checking the "Reverse Source Shape From Target" Genesis as "Source" Target is what you want to convert and clothes will retain their morphs, however Hair will not do it and I don't know why?

edit, sorry i was typing as you posted

the hair I just tried and didn't get to work was, Dione Hair from Renderosity.
    all that shows up for morphs in the parameters tab is a bunch of things labeled neck, like around 30 or so things labeled neck
    and none of them do anything from just testing several random sliders

Post edited by Type 0 Negative on
    edited December 1969

Not had a single issue with 4.5 so far but then again I've not really done allot with except check out some poses, auto fits some clothing and a few renders... seems fine on my end so far but who knows....

edited December 1969

arrrrrr,
    wait a sec.
    my fault, embarrassingly enough that hair has an inj that must be applied and I was not applying it.
    Thanks for the quick kind help and I'm sorry to be such a bother.

edited May 2012

RAMWolff said:
    Not had a single issue with 4.5 so far but then again I've not really done allot with except check out some poses, auto fits some clothing and a few renders... seems fine on my end so far but who knows....

Would you please check out a few things for me, the only things that interest me about an update are if new projection templets have been added to the transfer utility and a few things about the interface.
    Are we able to remove the new list in the library, the one that has the "Formats" "Products" "Categories" and such, I am not using the metadata so this new list only slows me down when I need to switch between the Studio and Poser Library's
    Is it now possible to have the "Docked View Controls" and the camera cube like we once could in DS3?
    Thank you sincerely !

Post edited by Type 0 Negative on
    edited May 2012

The categories are non removable but no big deal in the grand scheme of things. If all you use are the Poser and DS categories in DS then just ignore the other 3 categories. My meta data is a flipping mess so I just use the Content Manager, not that annoying "Smart Content" thing... it's very flawed in my opinion!

The projection templates are added as you add more shapes, it's nothing about if they come with the program freely. So if you bought all the Mil 3 shapes the projection templates will be included now with Auto Fit! I know, I looked! ;-)

No go on having both the cube and docked .. one or the other ....

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

glad your getting somewhere as I don't have that hair.

I might suggest injecting the morphs before converting, that's what I would do anyway.

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    The categories are non removable but no big deal in the grand scheme of things. If all you use are the Poser and DS categories in DS then just ignore the other 3 categories. My meta data is a flipping mess so I just use the Content Manager, not that annoying "Smart Content" thing... it's very flawed in my opinion!

The projection templates are added as you add more shapes, it's nothing about if they come with the program freely. So if you bought all the Mil 3 shapes the projection templates will be included now with Auto Fit! I know, I looked! ;-)

No go on having both the cube and docked .. one or the other ....

no, I mean the "what type of clothing" projection templates , like dress, shoes, hair etc, are there any new ones or adjustments made to the old ones?

edited December 1969

Oh, sorry, lack of coffee.... no, the templates are the same. Wish they would update those too but it is what it is...