Changing Object's Center of Gravity

edited December 1969 in Hexagon Discussion

I created a simple object in Hexagon 2.5 and imported it into Daz 4 pro. When I go to rotate it in the Parameters tab, the axis is outside of the object and not centered within. Can this be adjusted in Hexagon or Daz?

Comments

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

Move your object to the origin before exporting from Hex.

• edited December 1969

Thanks, it was that easy! I just set all positions to "0".

• edited December 1969

ragaray said:

Just to expound on this "0,0,0" centers the object in the middle of the the floor of the workspace "cage". If you want to center it in the actual center of the workspace cage, use "0,50,0".
  • edited December 1969

Thanks! I have a lot to learn about Hexagon.

edited December 1969

ragaray said:

Just to expound on this "0,0,0" centers the object in the middle of the the floor of the workspace "cage". If you want to center it in the actual center of the workspace cage, use "0,50,0".

If he wants the object axes at the object centre when importing it into DS he has to centre it at 0,0,0

This is not about what looks good in Hexagon, this is about what makes the object usable after export.

• ds-mail_2e0cb9c256ds-mail_2e0cb9c256 Posts: 70
    edited July 2012

Just a small correction: the center point of the object is NOT the center of gravity. Hex is only a surface modeller and knows nothing about volume or density. And the center point can be placed anywhere in or outside the object. It is the center of rotation tho and also the center of the local axes.

Post edited by ds-mail_2e0cb9c256 on
    edited July 2012

N/A

Post edited by Ascania on