Community Discord/chat?

LoonyLoony Posts: 1,801

Hi,

is there maybe a Discord where I could live talk with daz3d people to talk live about a render and improving it? I made some hundred posts already here and indeed, for others its helpfull if they find my posts+answers to use it too :)

But it would also be nice if I could get some kind of "instant" help and without making a thread always ;) Pausing the 3d Progress and waiting on help is a bit annoying :( If you wanna complete a scene but struggle at a point.

I got from a user the Discord to Marvelous Designer, but they didnt seem to be experienced about daz3d :/

So, does someone know if there excist some Community? Would be wonderful... (if not maybe its time to start one?.... from the Moderator Team maybe).

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,080

There are multiple such "unofficial" servers on Discord. Search the forum for invites.

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,801

Thanks, lets go there :D

Ati said:

There are multiple such "unofficial" servers on Discord. Search the forum for invites.

why multiple, why not 1 kinda official :/

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    MrDarck said:

Ati said:

That is the Daz Forums      No discord is ever going to be Official because it cannot be moderated    Without moderation you have mayhem

Chohole said:
    MrDarck said:

Ati said:

That is the Daz Forums      No discord is ever going to be Official because it cannot be moderated    Without moderation you have mayhem

Uhm... youre Wrong Sir/Maam.

You CAN Moderate it.

if YOU or Richard (I think he is the forum boss?) make the discord, he will be the Superadmin, you will maybe be a Admin and you can enable/disable what they can do there...

and you can delete everything that get posted there if you don`t want it.

Btw. a Discord Server is FREE, the Daz3d Company will have no Money to spent for it ;)....

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,337
    MrDarck said:
    You CAN Moderate it.

To be slightly more specific than Chohole: You can't moderate a live chat to a level that Daz would be happy with. Hence, no official endorsement.

Well... like all Games have it in Live chats with Moderations, they can select trusted Members to be Moderators there.

So to make sure that kinda always someone will be there.

• MrDarck said:
    Chohole said:
    MrDarck said:

Ati said:

Uhm... youre Wrong Sir/Maam.

You CAN Moderate it.

if YOU or Richard (I think he is the forum boss?) make the discord, he will be the Superadmin, you will maybe be a Admin and you can enable/disable what they can do there...

and you can delete everything that get posted there if you don`t want it.

Btw. a Discord Server is FREE, the Daz3d Company will have no Money to spent for it ;)....

I'm sure Daz is aware of Discord and its pros and cons.

That sounds good ;)

I mean EVERY Game have the derps who post ads like "selling gold, visit my shop at goldsellingwebsite" users (like me ^_^) make screenshots or rightclick and report them/block them and yeah... also the communitys don't like that spammers.

And it can even happen in Forums, that People spamm around/make advertise and no Staff is online, because some are on Work, some are eating, some sleep.

But if we get back, we can handle with that derps.

edited February 2020
    MrDarck said:

Well... like all Games have it in Live chats with Moderations, they can select trusted Members to be Moderators there.

And that's not a level that Daz would be happy with. Posts/threads only get locked/removed if there's an agreement between the moderators that it breaks the rules, which allows the rules to be strict, but not overenforced.

That approach is fine on a forum where things are all contained in neat threads and it doesn't matter much if it takes a bit for the moderators to agree, but it's not practical to clean up that way when you've got a live chat where everything is threaded though the middle of several other conversations.

Post edited by Matt_Castle on
    MrDarck said:

And they would have absolutely no control over it.

Why would anyone in their right mind start an official gathering place that some third party can easily shut down at its own discretion?

The forums are operated by Daz, not by a third party.

Ati said:
    MrDarck said:

Why would anyone in their right mind start an official gathering place that some third party can easily shut down at its own discretion?

No... no third party does close the Server... why should Discord do that...

MrDarck said:

And that's not a level that Daz would be happy with. Posts/threads only get locked/removed if there's an agreement between the moderators that it breaks the rules, which allows the rules to be strict, but not overenforced.

That approach is fine on a forum where things are all contained in neat threads and it doesn't matter much if it takes a bit for the moderators to agree, but it's not practical to clean up that way when you've got a live chat where everything is threaded though the middle of several other conversations.

Thats a weird Logic...

edited February 2020
    MrDarck said:
    Thats a weird Logic...

However weird you think it is, that's how Daz handles its moderation.

But perhaps the more pertinent question is "Does it even matter if it's official?". You're not looking for formal feedback from the Daz team, you're looking for live chat about your WIP projects.

Post edited by Matt_Castle on
    MrDarck said:
    Ati said:
    MrDarck said:

No... no third party does close the Server... why should Discord do that...

Well, why would Facebook? And yet they do. Why would Google? And yet they do.

Business-wise it's an irrational decision to be at the mercy of a third party that you have no control over.

Google & Facebook are associal communitys ;).... Discord is a Community friend... they work WITH the community... Facebook does not even have a support page -_-.

MrDarck said:
    Thats a weird Logic...

However weird you think it is, that's how Daz handles its moderation.

But perhaps the more pertinent question is "Does it even matter if it's official?". You're not looking for formal feedback from the Daz team, you're looking for live chat about your WIP projects.

And for chatting about trouble with the daz3d software ;)... so official good knowledge would there be nice :P

You seldom get anyone on the official development team answering questions on the forums, because whenever they're answering questions on the forums, they're not getting on with development. As such, most of the time, the help you'll get here is from enthusiasts, not the developers - because, mostly, people don't need official help, just knowledgable help.

Anything that does need to be elevated to the official team is something to be dealt with via the help ticket system, which is far easier to integrate into a development process than rambling messages that will be lost to the chat history in two hours.

Overview from a 3D Discord Joining view.

So even Zbrush have a Official Discord :)

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,557
    MrDarck said:

Overview from a 3D Discord Joining view.

So even Zbrush have a Official Discord :)

I can post a similar sreenshot from all the games I beta/develop for, doesn't mean I like discord and I am thrilled DAZ doesn't have an official one

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,432

why ddoes it have to be official? There are so many knowledgable users here, it would be a nice addiiton for help. As far as developers, DAZ staff, those from old times know that most of them used to particiapte in the forums. All the time. I remember the AOL forums where we used to talk directly to developers of Bryce, Ray Dream, etc ... then Poser forums started, and they were all there. That's where the discussions on Poser and Zygote took place, then the creation of Victoria etc ..and into DAZ.... then DAZ started its own forums. 

So if someone wants a DAZ forum on Discord, why doesn;t someone start one? 

daveso said:

There are already multiple Daz-related chat rooms on Discord.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,557
    daveso said:

why ddoes it have to be official? There are so many knowledgable users here, it would be a nice addiiton for help. As far as developers, DAZ staff, those from old times know that most of them used to particiapte in the forums. All the time. I remember the AOL forums where we used to talk directly to developers of Bryce, Ray Dream, etc ... then Poser forums started, and they were all there. That's where the discussions on Poser and Zygote took place, then the creation of Victoria etc ..and into DAZ.... then DAZ started its own forums. 

On every game discord I belong to there are users sharing items they shouldn't be. A daz related unofficial discord would be no different.

• The decision to create an official Dscord would rest with Daz, not the forum. Since the thread was therefore without point and had become pointed it has been closed.

This discussion has been closed.