Black Panther Catalyzer Error

vonHobovonHobo Posts: 1,638

I'm using the Black Panther but when I load the figure it gives an error:

The asset [DAZ Big Cat 2] needs at least version 1.07.03.

Please update LAMH Catalyzer to the latest version.

I use Install Manager for everything, so it should be the latest version if there was an update, correct? 

But just for sure, I uninstalled the LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer product, deleted it from Install Manager, and then reinstalled the product. 

I am still getting the error.

How do I get the latest version of the LAMH 2 Iray Catalyzer ???

Post edited by vonHobo on

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,136

I had this problem last year - here's the link where I stated the problem, scroll down a bit to see Alessandro_AM's response.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4956066/#Comment_4956066

• vonHobovonHobo Posts: 1,638

MelanieL said:

I had this problem last year - here's the link where I stated the problem, scroll down a bit to see Alessandro_AM's response.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4956066/#Comment_4956066

Thank you Melanie.

I do have Plugin checked on Install Manager. And the DAZ Studio plugin section shows the version is the latest, 1.8.0.0

I still get the error but I am able to render. It takes forever to complete, longer than before, and the resulting image is a blue panther. ??? See attachment.

Oh well.

I've been using the Catalyzer with the Chimpanzee for weeks now and never a problem or error message. Just seems to be an issue with the panther. Which is too bad because I purchased the panther a year ago and I need it for a project now. It rendered just fine (and black) a year ago.

panther.png
    662 x 677 - 306K

The White Tiger for DAZ Big Cat 2 also renders in blue now.

whitetiger.png
    662 x 677 - 347K

Hmm, that is rather weird. I'll try mine if I get the chance later (but have to go out shortly for most of the day).

MelanieL said:

Hmm, that is rather weird. I'll try mine if I get the chance later (but have to go out shortly for most of the day).

Thank you Melanie. Let me know if you have the issue as well.

I also posted my question in the other forum via the link that you gave me. Thanks!

• Mmmhhhh this is weird, something must have changed in latest releases. In fact I'm getting the same issue. I'll issue a fix.

Thank you Alessandro! I love your products and have many of them. 

• Ok, until I find a permanent fix (and BTW new big and small cats are on the way...), you can address it simply like this.

Copy the following textures:

- My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Textures\AM\White Tiger\white_tiger_body_M.jpg
    - My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Textures\AM\BlackPanther\black_panther_body_M.jpg
    - My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Textures\AM\BlackPanther\full_black_panther_body_M.jpg

to the folder:

My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Textures\DAZ\BigCat2

That's it!

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674

Thanks for posting a quickfix solution

Oh Wow! Thanks Alessandro!

Can't wait to see the new cats! 

Would be nice to see a house cat in your collection. The DAZ House Cat is nice, but no where near as realistic as your products. 

• Thanks Alessandro for the quick fix, my white tiger is feeling less blue now. Ands thanks to von Hobo for directing me to this thread.

Also seconding the call for an Allessandro house cat, that is close to top of my most desired items (second perhaps to a ferret/otter type creature) to see in your collection as all your animals are so realistic I'm always on the look out for your new releases.smiley  

Yes, house cat please! yes Would be awesome in an Alessandro creation!

Guess I don't need to do that test render then!

Good news about a fix on the way and I'm also in the queue for new cats.

• Alessandro Mastronardi said:

Ok, until I find a permanent fix (and BTW new big and small cats are on the way...), you can address it simply like this.

Copy the following textures:

- My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Textures\AM\White Tiger\white_tiger_body_M.jpg
    - My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Textures\AM\BlackPanther\black_panther_body_M.jpg
    - My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Textures\AM\BlackPanther\full_black_panther_body_M.jpg

to the folder:

My DAZ 3D Library\Runtime\Textures\DAZ\BigCat2

That's it!

I was just wondering if a more straightforward fix for this had been implemented yet. Fortunately this works fine, but I had to do a fair amount of digging here on the forums to find it. Love the end result, though.