edited December 1969

Thanks Rawn, this guy is awesome. Here is my render "Possessed Snowman"

image.jpg
    1800 x 1800 - 533K
  • TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    tonymouse said:
    He is so awesome, one question, I see there are no Poser Companion files, is one of those who are not able to make that transition or had you just elected not too??

I am not sure how well HD morphs will work in poser, and for all the work it takes to make them, I am beginning to not see the value in cross platform support anymore. Not until poser can catch up and handle things natively with DS.

I may still do some future characters with poser support...

As someone who is using Genesis characters in Poser, both those with PCFs and the ones in which I have to make my own, with little problem, I find that view of the situation very disappointing. :(

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,490
    edited January 2014

Do we need to have HD genesis 2 for this? or can we use on the base Genesis 2 male?
    The HD morphs are as expensive as buying a whole entire new character :(

Snow Jack looks awesome and i looooooove your werewolf :)

Also to get the extra 50 percent off, the other rawart items need to be in the cart same time as snow jack?

Doesn't apply to new (last 60 days items, like wither) though? (bummer)

Post edited by DisparateDreamer on
  • RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,747
    edited December 1969

There is no separate model for Genesis2 and Genesis2 HD.
    HD is a function of d/s, not of any particular model.

I have characters coming for Genesis1 that have HD morphs.

So all you need for this one is genesis2

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,490
    edited December 1969

so I don't need to buy the HD morphs for genesis 2 male to use this jack snow character? WOO HOO. :)

Every time i think "surely I don't need more from RawArt... " and then something comes out and I sheepishly pull out my sobbing wallet.... :)

Happy Birthday Raw! Have a FANTASTIC year!

edited December 1969

you will ALWAYS need more from RawArt.
    That is just a fact of life ;) LOL

(if you dont...then I am not doing my job)

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    you will ALWAYS need more from RawArt.
    That is just a fact of life ;) LOL

(if you dont...then I am not doing my job)

You do your job very well. As soon as I get a little free time, I'll try a render or two.with Jack.

• PennamePenname Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

King of the Snow People. (King Jack and the minions)

king_of_the_snow_people.jpg
    900 x 675 - 394K
  • edited December 1969

Hello!

I'm new to DAZ and saw there was a sale. I literally had a very large purchase in my basket as I was looking through your assets, then the price just changed into something unattainable for me.

I just came across this and I'll buy the snowman to hopefully bring back the sale that was in my basket.

Happy birthday, and hopefully I'll see the sale again I was pretty bummed out.

edited December 1969

The only sale I currently had running was that when you buy the snowman you can get 50% off your next purchase.
    I am not sure what you saw in your cart, but you would have to contact DAZ about that.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,312
    edited January 2014

Hello!

I'm new to DAZ and saw there was a sale. I literally had a very large purchase in my basket as I was looking through your assets, then the price just changed into something unattainable for me.

I just came across this and I'll buy the snowman to hopefully bring back the sale that was in my basket.

Happy birthday, and hopefully I'll see the sale again I was pretty bummed out.
    The 50% off when you buy SnowJack seems to be over. A quick check by placing items in the cart still results in 75% off SnowJack but NO discount on the other items

The only sale I currently had running was that when you buy the snowman you can get 50% off your next purchase.
    I am not sure what you saw in your cart, but you would have to contact DAZ about that.

RawArt Store was on a 60% Flash Sale Wednesday (8 Jan). Maybe that's what he saw.

Best Regards,
    Charlie

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited December 1969

There was a flash-sale?
    Now I have to talk to DAZ about that.
    There is no reason I should have a sale like that while I have another promotion going on.

Thanx Charlie

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,312
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    There was a flash-sale?
    Now I have to talk to DAZ about that.
    There is no reason I should have a sale like that while I have another promotion going on.

Thanx Charlie

Yes. I wondered about it at the time and was a little bummed because I had just bought SnowJack a day or two before to get 50% off some other items I wanted and could of gotten them for 60% off. I thought about asking DAZ for a refund of the difference but decided against it because the difference was pretty small.
    The sale is also mentioned in this thread:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/21605/P555/
    Page 38, third post down. (post 558 Anikad)

Charlie

• edited December 1969

It was 50% off everything. Bummer. I was about to get almost everything for a project. I guess I almost just got lucky.

edited December 1969

I do have flash sales fairly regularly....so no worries, my store is not going away any time soon ;)

Rawn

• edited December 1969

ok awesome! please don't your collection is amazing, great work. You're one of the only artists that also offers an Indie Dev license(I'm still in school and learning how to use these in a game, animation etc. since I'm really a programmer) so that caught my attention I just happened across your store that day.

happy new year/happy holidays/happy birthday/happy day lol

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,794
    edited December 1969

Bad monkey

Snow_Monkey.jpg
    800 x 600 - 404K
    edited December 1969

A touch of motion to leave the intent to the viewer's imagination.

work_in_progress.jpg
    900 x 675 - 467K
  • zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

not quite what I wanted to do but I have gotten pulled onto other projects and not sure if will have time to do a better image
    at least this will get me entered :)

|:| A Snowball's Chance In Hell |:|

snowballCIH.jpg
    1389 x 1235 - 400K
    edited December 1969

"Outnumbered". Might have been more effective if I'd had them throwing snowballs. Hmmmmm

out-numbered.jpg
    900 x 675 - 626K
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

I finally found a little time to do a quick render. I really like this figure. I do feel kind of sorry for poor ol' Snow Jack, though. Having a carrot for a nose could lead to him having the occasional bad hare day...

Bad_Hare_Day.jpg
    1517 x 1244 - 1M
  • LimneryLimnery Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

These lads are getting a lot more than they expected from the practice target they made.

mcgarry_boys-spar-snowjack.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 1M
    edited December 1969

I am glad to see renders showing up :)

Looks great guys!!

edited December 1969

Ok Everyone!

The random drawing has pulled Penname as the winner!

Thank you everyone for sharing your renders, I gotta say, they were really fun!
    Great job!!

Rawn

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Congrats, penname! :)

edited December 1969

Whoop! Thanks. Wow; I never win anything. Now to see what I don't have . . . (excitedly heading to wishlist).

I enjoyed everyone's renders. What a great community.

• LimneryLimnery Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Congratulations, Penname! And thanks for hosting, RawArt! Such a fun figure and so many creative renders.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,794
    edited December 1969

well done penname :-)

thanks RawArt for the chance ;-)