List of Animals and Fantasy Creatures

alex86firealex86fire Posts: 1,130
edited January 2020 in New Users

Hi there,

As a new Daz user I get really confused every time I want to buy anything not human.

With the Genesis, Victoria and company it's easier to know where you stand.

With the creatures not so much. This thread started out as a question to other users about each animal and creature but now it is a list of the most recent animals and creatures from Daz and any good alternatives, if they exist. 

This list is a Work In Progress and is by no means comprehensive. Anyone wondering about something not here should ask about it.

Canines:

Daz Dog 8 : Release date: 2018-06-18. It has a lot of add-ons for different breeds of dogs.

It also has add-ons for some fantasy and SF dogs and even other species. Notable ones are Warg and Zombie Dog.

Wolf 2: Release date: 2015-11-07. Comes with expansion set and even german shepherd and husky add-ons.

Felines:

Daz house cat : Release date: 2019-07-25. Looks pretty good.Has different breeds and presets included in the same product, no need to buy new ones. Also has poses products by itself or in combination with other figures.

Daz big cats 2: - Release date: 2013-12-10. By itself it is pretty outdated.

It has add-on dForce Hair for Big Cat 2 Release date: 2019-06-13.

Alternatives: Big Cat-Dog for Daz Dog 8 Release date: 2018-09-01. It doesn't look that good to me but if you already have the Dog and poses, props, you might prefer this to new items.

HiveWire's Big cats are a very good alternative.

Felidae by AM - Lion: Release Date: 2019-09-28. With dForce hair add-on . Looks really good.

Horses:

Daz Horse 2: Release date: 2012-11-27. Contained in starter and pro bundles. Needs HD product to be up to par to current stage. The HD is also contained in a bundle.

Has add-ons for Cow transformation (also contained in a bundle), deer transformation and even Unicorn and Water Horse for fantasy lovers.

Alternative: HiveWire's Horse.

Primates:

Chimpanzee: Release date: 2018-12-21. This is a morph for Genesis 8 Male.

Gorilla: Release date: 2019-06-30. This is a morph for Genesis 8 Male.

Ape world: Release date: 2019-08-02. This is a bundle containing gorrila, chimp and orangutan morphs for Genesis 8 Male

Other Animals:

Hippopotamus : Release date: 2018-07-07

Brown Bear: Release date: 2018-09-25. With dForce hair add-on.

Wooly Mammoth: Release date: 2016-05-28. With dForce hair add-on

Great-White Shark: Release date: 2017-10-05.

Hammerhead Shark: Release date: 2017-10-19.

Dragons:

Daz dragon 3: Release date: 2014-05-27. Cointained in pro bundle. There are add-ons for different types of dragons, poses armors and sadles.

Mythical or Fantasy creatures morphs for Genesis 8 Male:

Orc: Release date: 2018-01-19.

Sasquatch: Release date: 2019-06-18. 

Troll Beast: Release date: 2018-04-18. Has a texture expansion for different looks on your trolls.

Ogre: Release date: 2019-12-01.

Boaris: Release date: 2019-07-19.

Minotaur: Release date: 2018-09-24.

Hobgoblin: Release date: 2019-07-01

Gargoyle: Release date: 2018-11-19.

Werewolf: Release date: 2017-11-01.

Dinosaurs:

Tyrannosaurus Rex 3: Release Date:2019-03-11.

HH Triceratops: Release Date: 2018-12-13.

Alamosaurus: Release Date: 2018-10-06.

HH Spinosaurus and Prey: Release Date: 2018-08-04

Dakotaraptor: Release Date: 2017-10-07

Deinonychus: Release Date: 2017-09-02

Carnotaurus Sastrei: Release Date:2017-06-05

There are also older dinosaur models available, will update the list later on.

There are also other models available at Renderosity.

Post edited by alex86fire on

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552

DAZ hardly ever gives out any release dates, so you are in the dark as the rest of us on when/if a new version of something is going to be released. You can alway check the product page and look at the readme to see when a product was released..

The Horse2 is rather old, but this product really brings it up to current standards and you can use the diffuse maps from the original on it for more breeds https://www.daz3d.com/hd-dark-knight-for-daz-horse-2

The Big Cats 2 have pretty much been replaced with stand alone cats from PA Alessandro_AM and the ones at Hivewire.com.

the Dog 8 is a new product and seeing how long it went before being released, I doubt we will get another version anytime in the near future. There is also a dog at Hivewire.com

the Cat2 is also an old product, but got a new Iray/dforce update recently https://www.daz3d.com/daz-house-cat-with-dforce-hair there is also a cat at Hivewire.com

I don't use the dragon but there are a few options for it and a rumour that a well known PA is coming out with a very detailed one in the near future.

Hope that helps

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,014

No one has any idea when a new version of animals will be released beside Daz, and they won't tell.

You can see the release date of products when you look at their readme.

The one for Dog 8 is here: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/50973/start

To get the readme for another product replace the product sku in the URL.

Remark: if you have the Daz Deals browser add-on installed, it ads a link to the readme on product pages.

The versions you listed are the latest version of the "official" Daz animals.

• alex86firealex86fire Posts: 1,130

Thank you both for your responses.

I didn't know how I could check when something was released, it will come in very handy for the animals and not only. Some of the items I mentioned are really old.

It is also good to know about Alessandro and Hivewire.

I think I will morph this thread into animal and creature information when I have time and add information about release date and decent alternatives, so anyone new can find this information.

I would like to know if I am allowed to post links to other sites that sell Daz products as I would like to make this list as comprehensible as possible.

If not, I will just write some details but not add the links.

• watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026

@alex86fire - there are a couple more for Daz: Dog 8:

The Warg: https://www.daz3d.com/warg-hd-for-daz-dog-8

The GP Zombie Dog: https://www.daz3d.com/gp-zombie-dog-for-daz-dog-8

@alex86fire - there are a couple more for Daz: Dog 8:

The Warg: https://www.daz3d.com/warg-hd-for-daz-dog-8

The GP Zombie Dog: https://www.daz3d.com/gp-zombie-dog-for-daz-dog-8

Thanks, added them in the post.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,014

I would like to know if I am allowed to post links to other sites that sell Daz products as I would like to make this list as comprehensible as possible.

Daz usually doesn't allow links to other stores, except as an answer to a question like "I'm looking for a product from this pic".

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552

All other dinosaurs are really old and outdated.

This info right here is not helpful to new users since it is partislly inaccurate. they may be older, but are stull very useful. in addition many of those models were created by Dinoraul and he has a very big store at renderosity that is also useful. Another thing for new users to know is that newer tech and the details in them also take more resources and if you have a lower spec machine, the dinos you deem current and useful are very resource intensive.

I can appreciate you creating a list for new users, but it is reading more like a list of what "you" deem useful and less about what is avaliable.

All other dinosaurs are really old and outdated.

This info right here is not helpful to new users since it is partislly inaccurate. they may be older, but are stull very useful. in addition many of those models were created by Dinoraul and he has a very big store at renderosity that is also useful. Another thing for new users to know is that newer tech and the details in them also take more resources and if you have a lower spec machine, the dinos you deem current and useful are very resource intensive.

I can appreciate you creating a list for new users, but it is reading more like a list of what "you" deem useful and less about what is avaliable.

It's true, I really didn't like the old models. As a proof they were in the 99 cent offer and didn't get even 1 of them. I wanted a list of the current models but some of the old dinosaurs don't have a newer corresponding dinosaur so I will list them. I also didn't know about the renderosity part, I will take a look and mention this as well.

As you are one of the people that answered to this tread to me when it was posed more of a question, you know that it started out with a small list of what I knew was latest model and wanted confirmation on. Since my question was answered I thought I could transform it into something useful so I am open to ideas and remarks and will try to evolve this into a comprehensive guide. I also didn't have time to add everything last night when I started this new list so I skipped the ones that I found less interesting or older.

I will try to remove personal comments from the list and note that the list is in progress and for users that want something that is not on the list, they should ask and I'm sure someone will be able to answer them.