Smart Content... SLOW... really slow

SassanikSassanik Posts: 340

Okay I admit my content library is getting rather big, but hey I can't imagine it is out of the "normal" range for a Daz Studio user.
The smart content, what I have set up, takes forever to sort when I select a new item.
Is there anyway to speed this up? Frankly I tend to use the old style content library because with as long as it takes to sort the library I can browse to the item I want faster.

Amy

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What are your machine specs?

Operating System, RAM, version of DAZ Studio, 32 bit or 64 bit?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Also, direct your antivirus NOT to scan the directory the database lives in...

• SassanikSassanik Posts: 340
    edited December 1969

Vista Home Pro 64bit, 8 gigs of RAM, Dual Core 2ghz processor, with 2 Geforce 8500 graphics cards. I recently installed a new hard drive, so I now have LOTS of space on it. My content library is roughly 50 gigs, but I don't think that is overly large, I dunno maybe it is.
    Its an older machine but is super stable and runs Daz Studio pretty darned good!

Thank you for the suggestion about the virus scanner, I will check on that setting.
    Amy

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

That was something I picked up on the database site (the maker of the software)...something about the AV and database program battling over CPU and hard drive when trying to scan the same thing...at the same time.

Also, it seems to me...can't test it out, no Vista system, but I think it came from valentina's site, too...that it is slower on Vista than other versions of Windows (lots of games are that way...).