Is there a pending development update for Hexagon?

Hi,

I was wondering if development on Hexagon was still ongoing, or whether it had stalled.

It's been over a year since 2.5.2.137 Beta was released, but there doesn't seem to have been anything new released, and the General Release version still seems to be on 2.5.2.109 as far as I can see.

Anyone know what's happening?

Comments

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744

This is the latest information we have...

There are no timescales, but there will be a stable release.

In the meantime, I've been using the 137 Beta exclusively and it's extremely stable and reliable.

• 01i01i Posts: 20
    JonnyRay said:

This is the latest information we have...

There are no timescales, but there will be a stable release.

In the meantime, I've been using the 137 Beta exclusively and it's extremely stable and reliable.

I've been using the 137 Beta exclusivley too, that's why I was hoping to find out if new development was planned.

Do we know if there will be more increments on the beta beyond the current version, or just an update of the General release to 137? 

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

The release of Mac OS 15 (Catalina) is imminent (most likely this October), at which time Hexagon will cease to function on that platform unless a 64 bit version is provided.

Will this happen?

Magic-8-Ball.jpg
    1024 x 959 - 143K
  • I'm not sure why Daz is dragging their feet on turning the current Beta into a General Release, I mean it seems to be relatively stable according to the Beta thread. Just release it already!

• de3an said:

The release of Mac OS 15 (Catalina) is imminent (most likely this October), at which time Hexagon will cease to function on that platform unless a 64 bit version is provided.

Will this happen?

Catalina is now out, so bye-bye 32-bit support! 

• Hexagon has now ceased to run on macOS Sierra 10.12.6. It just sits there bouncing its icon and never launches. DIM shows it installed and including both 32 and 64 bit versions, but if any components are 32 bit, the OS will refuse to launch the app. DIM also won't show any versions of Hexagon available for download for macOS.

• That's one of many reasons I haven't gone to Catalina. Kills all your current 32 bit apps and plugins.

• IGGrafxIGGrafx Posts: 2

Hexagon has now ceased to run on macOS Sierra 10.12.6. It just sits there bouncing its icon and never launches. DIM shows it installed and including both 32 and 64 bit versions, but if any components are 32 bit, the OS will refuse to launch the app. DIM also won't show any versions of Hexagon available for download for macOS.

Running 2.5.2.137 in 10.13.5. Runs fine. Crashes occasionally as normal.  It's still 32 bit, but not having upgraded to Catalina, things still work.