Contest and challenge: Spinning Vicky in a Temple with a Sword!

1235»

Comments

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for the honor. I appreciate it deeply. Considering the caliber of the renders here (several of them really made me sweat), I didn't think I had much of a chance. Again, my thanks and a well deserved round of applause to everybody who entered.

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners, all are extremely creative ideas and awesome renders!!!

Thanks Kattey for the fun challenge!!

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Great work all and well done to the winners and thanks to Kattey for running the contest :)

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

Congrats to the winners! This was a very fun challenge

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 2013

...congratulations all.

Especially loved Lord Ganthor's entry and Scott's Armor-clad Young Elf Cosplaying a Dwarf in a Forest With an Axe.

Also loved both the entry and the one that couldn't be posted by HastyDave

Again would have loved to have submitted something myself but the idea unfortunately came too little to late.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited December 1969

Congrats, and thank you, everyone. It's been really fun seeing all the renders even if I couldn't comment on all of the ones that I loved (finally, finally back to the good internet now, hooray).

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

Welcome back Kattey and SickleYield :)

Thank you so much for running the contest, Kattey and huge props to all the entrants :cheese: Congrats to the winners! :-)

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Kattey...this was a great contest! Congrats to the rest of the winners.

Was hoping to have another one done for the contest, and may go ahead with it anyway if/when I find the time. Really enjoyed seeing everyone's different takes on the theme!

• Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,232
    edited December 1969

Gratz to the winners and to all the entrants some great renders!
    Cool comp!

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

Congrats to the Winners, and to kattey for running such a very clever contest!

• RenolaceRenolace Posts: 46
    edited December 1969

Congrats to the winners and Happy New Year to all!

• HastyDaveHastyDave Posts: 109
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Kattey for the HM and for organising such a fun challenge. I hope you do another one sometime - I have some more ideas :)

Congratulations to the winners and well done to all.

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Thanks Kattey and thank you for the contest it is fun :)
    And congratulations to the other winners and people in the contest.

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

almost forgot to say ......Happy new year everyone :-)

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Hello :)
    Sorry for waking up that late, but New Year Night run rather late into the morning ^_^"

Anyway, I've just sent all prizes, please confirm (private messages or elsehow) that they have arrived.
    And happy new year everybody!

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,200
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks for Kattey for a really fun contest :D

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Been having trouble getting logged in recently but had fun with this contest.

edited January 2014

Kattey said:
    Entries were finished...

I will be happy to see extra-entries though and I'm glad that people got some fun with this idea.

...on that note, here is the eleventh hour idea I came up with that didn't make it. Took a little extra time to embellish it a bit more.

Neurotic Vicky In A Truck With A Skeleton

(warned ya'll it was silly...).

NVIATWAS_sig.jpg
    1200 x 950 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Sorry for writing that late, I've got thread notification dropped by some reason -_-

I like that render very much! I especially like that dinosaur on the left side: it adds a question of what kind of lands Vicky travels. My first idea was that she is on time travel journey - in a truck, with her guide being Grim Reaper itself :)

edited January 2014

...thank you. Was considering making him look like Ghost Rider, but I think the cigar and cap work pretty well.

Yep ol' Vicky's been around the space time continuum a few times, it's no wonder she's just a tad frazzled these days.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Kattey said:
    Entries were finished...

I will be happy to see extra-entries though and I'm glad that people got some fun with this idea.

...on that note, here is the eleventh hour idea I came up with that didn't make it. Took a little extra time to embellish it a bit more.

Neurotic Vicky In A Truck With A Skeleton

(warned ya'll it was silly...).

So, despite the Truckers' Union management had pared the staff back to the bone so they were running with just a skeleton crew ...? ;)

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    And due to spirit of all winter holidays being quite generous, I actually have a sponteneous honorable mention.
    ZamuelNow, Naked Vicky in a Temple Wishing for a Sword, $5 DAZ3D Gift Certificate
    While technical aspects could have been better, I found interesting how this small spin made a sword extremely relevant to a naked Vicky in the temple situation.

While the dragon could stand to be improved, any other suggestions of what to fix with it?

edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:
    Kattey said:
    And due to spirit of all winter holidays being quite generous, I actually have a sponteneous honorable mention.
    ZamuelNow, Naked Vicky in a Temple Wishing for a Sword, $5 DAZ3D Gift Certificate
    While technical aspects could have been better, I found interesting how this small spin made a sword extremely relevant to a naked Vicky in the temple situation.

While the dragon could stand to be improved, any other suggestions of what to fix with it?
    I'd say composition - for me it is a bit too much space on the edges. Also, considering the moon (the only visible source of light) is behind the back wall, but shadows seem to fall in an opposite direction and on different angle - the lighting. Considering the moon is closer to a crescent, either the picture should be have more dramatic moonlight, or the moon should be closer to full. Pure personal opinion too, but the sword could have been not lying flatly in parallel to the edge of stone half-pillar.

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

Oh, man, I so wish I had known about this when it started! It sounds (and looks, based on all the renders I've seen) like it had to have been a total hoot!

Well, maybe next time.

(I really gotta start scoping out the forums more thoroughly!)

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited December 1969

Oh, man, I so wish I had known about this when it started! It sounds (and looks, based on all the renders I've seen) like it had to have been a total hoot!

Well, maybe next time.

Spontaneous contests-for-fun happen all the time here if you keep an eye out!

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Well, maybe next time.

Spontaneous contests-for-fun happen all the time here if you keep an eye out!

Yep! I just started one myself...

edited December 1969

Well, maybe next time.

Yeah, it was a lot of fun :)

But it was certainly not the last contest I had in mind ;)