The Can’t Find Anything When You Need It Complaint Thread.

1444546474850»

Comments

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    They cut our food benefits in half. We are probably gonna lose them here shortly cause of what we made this year. It really sucks when you have 2 teen boys to feed

Thank goodness my 2 oldest (both boys) were 8 years apart. I would not have been able to feed us otherwise. They only quit eating when their jaws got tired. My baby girl (10 years later) was no slouch when it came dinner-time either.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    whoa minus 10 sounds like not much fun eta our radio is calling it a polar vortex, sounds bad

The Polar Vortex is actually something that's always there...but "there" is usually much further north. It's been dipping down into the states. Sometimes I wonder if the Earth tilted on its axis a bit. But the daylight seems about right, so that can't be it.

Dana

Has anyone checked for the pole change lately? Edgar Cayce, among others, predicted it would happen.

Are you talking magnetic poles or spin axis poles? Magnetic pole flipping is something that they believe has happened many times over the eons. But there is a theory that the actual axis poles have been moved...which would imply a rather large impact. Of course, we know we've had a few of those over the eons as well. I've read about tropical type vegetation and animal remains being found inside the arctic circle and vice versa. As far as the "North Star", that changes every so many million years, too. We aren't in a perfect spin, we wobble.

Dana

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

I bought Eggbert the Toon Duckling (so cute) while he was on sale today (still 60% Off at the moment) because I thought my Duckie for Genesis might be lonely.

Oh look! I think my Genesis Duckie wants to play! :)

Ducks!.jpg
    750 x 900 - 263K
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    AtticAnne said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    whoa minus 10 sounds like not much fun eta our radio is calling it a polar vortex, sounds bad

The Polar Vortex is actually something that's always there...but "there" is usually much further north. It's been dipping down into the states. Sometimes I wonder if the Earth tilted on its axis a bit. But the daylight seems about right, so that can't be it.

Dana

Has anyone checked for the pole change lately? Edgar Cayce, among others, predicted it would happen.

Are you talking magnetic poles or spin axis poles? Magnetic pole flipping is something that they believe has happened many times over the eons. But there is a theory that the actual axis poles have been moved...which would imply a rather large impact. Of course, we know we've had a few of those over the eons as well. I've read about tropical type vegetation and animal remains being found inside the arctic circle and vice versa. As far as the "North Star", that changes every so many million years, too. We aren't in a perfect spin, we wobble.

Dana I believe Cayce was speaking of magnetic pole flipping.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited January 2014

tjohn said:
    I bought Eggbert the Toon Duckling (so cute) while he was on sale today (still 60% Off at the moment) because I thought my Duckie for Genesis might be lonely.

hey teh cute, vo vo dee oh rubber ducky you're the one...

:lol:

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    DanaTA said:
    AtticAnne said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:

Dana

Dana I believe Cayce was speaking of magnetic pole flipping.

Yeah, well...as I said that has happened before. In his day, it would be a serious problem, but in the age of GPS navigation, I think it would have minor impact, if any. Now if the satellites were all knocked out somehow...nah, I still think it isn't that serious. How hard is it to say, "Well, now north is south." Just translate it in your head and it's no big deal. I bet even the boy scouts use GPS devices these days. I have no knowledge of that, but I'd say it's an educated guess.

Dana

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:

You know...I did a search for toon in the store. Schmoes turned up in the results, with the word "toony" in the description. But Eggbert the Toon Duckling did not show up in the search for Toon, nor for the search for Duck, even though both are in the actual title of the product. :-/

Dana

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:

I bet even the boy scouts use GPS devices these days. I have no knowledge of that, but I'd say it's an educated guess.

Dana

I don't know about the Boy Scouts, but the Wilderness Explorers do...when they can hold on to them, that is. :)
    rusell_up_pixar_movie_boy_scout_with_gps_2009_film.jpg
    600 x 336 - 42K
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:

You know...I did a search for toon in the store. Schmoes turned up in the results, with the word "toony" in the description. But Eggbert the Toon Duckling did not show up in the search for Toon, nor for the search for Duck, even though both are in the actual title of the product. :-/

Dana
    http://www.daz3d.com/eggbert-the-toon-duckling
    Comes up with "Eggbert". Search in the Store is a little "Looney Toons". :)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:
    ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:

Dana
    http://www.daz3d.com/eggbert-the-toon-duckling
    Comes up with "Eggbert". Search in the Store is a little "Looney Toons". :)

wow that's one hairy avi :lol:

edited January 2014

The Original Cousin Itt (The Addams Family). "Duh duh duh duh...snap snap..."

Post edited by TJohn on
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:

I bet even the boy scouts use GPS devices these days. I have no knowledge of that, but I'd say it's an educated guess.

Dana

I don't know about the Boy Scouts, but the Wilderness Explorers do...when they can hold on to them, that is. :)

Is more or less compulsory to carry an EPIRB in rough or remote terrain here so the rescue chopper can find you when you get into trouble. In the Aussie bush trouble is never a matter of if, only when :)

edited January 2014

Woes, cooking disaster, made breadcrumbed potato and herb patties for tea was going to have them with salad but the tasted so awful we couldn't eat them. That is my complaint.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,796
    edited January 2014

I like Kartoffle puffers as my Mum called them

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited January 2014

ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:

...just hope he doesn't asplode like this one did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh1fm97J2M0

...The My Big Rubber Duckie Asploded Complaint Thread.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited January 2014

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:

...just hope he doesn't asplode like this one did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh1fm97J2M0

...The My Big Rubber Duckie Asploded Complaint Thread.

He does lots of big inflatables, perhaps you need to pay extra to get one that explodes :lol:
    (Dutch website)
    http://www.florentijnhofman.nl/dev/

eta page 100 oh noes!

etta yes sleepy time for me as well if I can, is hot :)

w.png
    211 x 166 - 18K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...well once again falling asleep at the keyboard (guess that's better than falling asleep at the wheel).

Tomorrow (or later today) will see if my account was credited with the balance that was in my UC account.

Had a nice stir fry for dinner so should sleep well.

Guess someone else wins the thread again.

...The I'm Too Tired to Stay Up To Win The Thread Complaint Thread.

...nitey nite all.

smiley-sleep018.gif
    45 x 30 - 7K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited January 2014

waahh i washed my hair this morning. i'll have icicles on my head.

7 am Wed Jan 8
    8°F
    Clear

FEELS LIKE:
    -7°

HUMIDITY:
    76%

PRECIP:
    0%

WIND:
    W at 10 mph

hoping the taxi will answer the phone.

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

The Hot/Cold Enough For You? Complaint Thread

edited December 1969

Australia WARMLY welcomes you thread

edited January 2014

The Caffeine ++ Complaint Thread :)

made cawffee but no milk. hoping the cawffee truck shows up soon with chugs on ice.

starting my staycation tomorrow. no beers. emergencia!!!

edited December 1969

sakura-con looks kewl, but it's in Seattle. :(

edited December 1969

Did this split yet and just nobody posted the new thread?

edited January 2014

Page 101, go for it Anne, 6 more posts, timing is everything

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

prowling the interwebs for slow cooker crockpot recipes. something tropical, coconut, pineapple. what is poi?

edited January 2014

Page 101, go for it Anne, 6 more posts, timing is everything

5 more, or would that be 4?

okay, i iz entering radio silence til after the split.:)

breaking radio silence to complain, when i d/l content and the desktop inis are in the zip i roll my eyes.
    now i'm making a zip, how are the desktop inis sneaking in there?

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

No new thread yet? D:

edited January 2014

One post closer. :lol:
    Pretty sure that post 1501 is the first post of the new thread (top of page 101).

Post edited by TJohn on
    edited December 1969

I've been in the mood for sushi lately. But I don't know my way to the local sushi place in town. So I has to settle for the packaged sushi at the grocery store. Not that I'm complaining, it's still tasty :)

Last week I saw mini octopi there :)

edited January 2014

tjohn said:
    One post closer. :lol:
    Pretty sure that post 1501 is the first post of the new thread (top of page 101).

That's two posts away :)

I thought it was 20 posts per page... Looks like it's 15?

Get Hot and Cold here

Post edited by Chohole on
This discussion has been closed.