Cat People 6 breasts

F0ulF0ul Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello All,

I believe that cat people should have more than 2 breast so I tried a morph. I only partially happy with it. As a morph that I made it has no nipple functions, doesn't have a texture template, distorts the mesh to much and just doesn't live up to my expectations.

I tried merging Genesis2 breast with the Genesis 2 woman but, my results were odd. I guess that the figure doesn't try to compensate for mismatched edges, so I went to morphing.

Is there a way to do this relatively easy. I am not a talented 3d sculpture but, I have an ok grasp of some 3d software.
Thanks for any help. If it's been brought up before please link it. A search brings up no result. Thanks.

On a side note The 4 arm guy in the store, is there more in depth tutorial of how I can do this. I was into photo manipulations for awhile and would like to create some odd stuff. The tutorial listed here on geo-grafting doesn't seem complete or I am just missing something.

http://i39.tinypic.com/ei9frr.png

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,791
    edited December 1969

I dare say it could be geografted
    I have not tried geografting yet but some have, there is documentation.

• F0ulF0ul Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

That's what I thought "but" if I read the tutorial correctly then the edges of whatever you want to add have to be exactly the same as the area you wish it to fit. When I first tried it I thought maybe the model will try to adjust to whatever you are trying to stick into the mesh. However it didn't work that way for me. So I tried to attach multiple objects to one object that was exactly the same fit and that almost worked.

If I understand geo-grafting I would have to rip a section out of a genesis mesh and put it into a 3d program. I would then have to keep the edges of that object exactly the same without editing. I would edit the inside of that selection in any way I wish then import the object back into DAZ and the Graft it back onto the character.

This differs from a morph because I am adding on to the mesh and not just stretching it. Am I right in this description?

What I don't understand is why geo-graft in the first place. Why not just take the entire mesh into a program, edit the mesh and then bring the entire mesh back in?

Why cant the Genesis figure guess at the object connection? Ive played with other programs where I could take a circle inside of a square, ask the software to merge them and it would.

I am hoping there is an easier way to complete what I want to do. If not then I may try giving it another shot a different way.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited December 1969

GeoGrafting, which does work as you describe, saves you from having to redo the rest of the figure.

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

With this type of morph you'll have a problem with the mesh deformation when posing

genesis_six_breast.png
    1086 x 851 - 441K
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited December 1969

Perhaps smaller breasts? Kitties tend to not have too large breasts when they aren't nursing. Just an idea.

• khaliblookhalibloo Posts: 76
    edited December 1969

Perhaps smaller breasts? Kitties tend to not have too large breasts when they aren't nursing. Just an idea.

:) yeah, much smaller

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

I think what you are looking for is geometry switching as opposed to geografthing. Geom switching litteraly swithched the geometry of an item simply by dialing a number. The Micheal and Victoria Fantasy Suits are prime examples of geometry switching. Geom switching has it's ueses and it has more than it's share of drawbacks. The biggest being you have to model more than one set props and/or conformers and then get all the coding to work and play well with each other.

The book The Secrets of Figure Ceation by BL Render (aka Bloodsong) has a very comprehensive section on geometry switching. Be aware, the book refers to Poser only because DAZ Studio hadn't even been invented yet and only goes up to the early days of Poser 5.

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

Right on! These are cat people after all.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,791
    edited December 1969

well unless lactating I have NEVER seen a female cat with breasts, 6 nipples a good idea though

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

The problem arise if you put the breast on the abdomen so eventually, putting one pair higher prevents the deformation.

But still If you want to animate those there is some work to do, like making some bones and weight painting

So for information, these were made in Blender by sculpting

It is doable also with Sculptris or any sculpt software

genesis_six_breast02.png
    1365 x 866 - 894K
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the feedback. I saw the joint problem when I put it in a mesh style texture. I will need to decrease breast size and put the morphs between the movement joints. This is a kind of human / cat hybrid so breast size should be larger than just nipples but smaller than what 3d woman seem to usually have. I could probably get away with just nipples by making a bump map but, I wanted a bit more of an oddity. Also I am considering a spider man with six arms and 2 legs but not sure how involved that will be.

The primary reason I wanted to rip the breast off a character and add them in geo graft is because my modeling skills are not so hot. By using pre generated breasts I use the skills of a better artist and all I would need to do would be to graft then into different locations. I Downloaded a few free 3d modeling programs but have yet to figure out how I will do it. Its been a looong time since I messed with Daz or Milkshape or anything like this. I do remember a long time ago some guy/gal use to have a demoness that had 4 arms. At least I think I remember that. She was a freebie and had breasts that looked like balloon implants. Posted on a private site.

• MadbatMadbat Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

Just a thought...
    If you're aiming for a more realistic cat person, the number of breasts or nipples would greatly depend on how the cat person came into being. If it was evolved, then it would have 2 breasts, no more. Perhaps vestigial nipples at most. Look at any biped mammal, all of them have 2 mammary glands, no more. Only quadrupeds have more than 2 mammary glands. Likely they can afford to have more because they need to lie down to feed their young (herd animals are an exception, they usually have 4). Bipeds don't. They feed while carrying them, either while moving (mostly human behavior because of those wonderful things called hands and fully erect posture) or from a seated resting position (apes & monkeys) In all cases, biped mothers cradle their young when feeding. Other mammals don't. That's the reason primates have mammary's placed high on the chest, instead of lower down, for easy access while carrying.

A primate version of a cat or a dog would most likely loose mammary glands like the ancestors of primates did. If the being in question came about from genetic manipulation, then anything is possible.

edited December 1969

Madbat said:
    Just a thought...
    If you're aiming for a more realistic cat person, the number of breasts or nipples would greatly depend on how the cat person came into being. If it was evolved, then it would have 2 breasts, no more. Perhaps vestigial nipples at most. Look at any biped mammal, all of them have 2 mammary glands, no more. Only quadrupeds have more than 2 mammary glands. Likely they can afford to have more because they need to lie down to feed their young (herd animals are an exception, they usually have 4). Bipeds don't. They feed while carrying them, either while moving (mostly human behavior because of those wonderful things called hands and fully erect posture) or from a seated resting position (apes & monkeys) In all cases, biped mothers cradle their young when feeding. Other mammals don't. That's the reason primates have mammary's placed high on the chest, instead of lower down, for easy access while carrying.

A primate version of a cat or a dog would most likely loose mammary glands like the ancestors of primates did. If the being in question came about from genetic manipulation, then anything is possible.

Don't believe in evolution but our "cousins" the apes only have two breasts that I can observe. If we evolved from apes then we should retain 2 breasts. Dogs and cats have more breasts and I see no reason for them to loose them in the evolutionary process. Apes usually have low birth rate. Most shows I watch about animals, apes seem to have one child. I am sure if they have more, the chance for the second one surviving is lowered. Shows on cats/dogs they usually produce at least two in the wild and domesticated ones produce litters that average four and can go up to a Guinness record of twenty-four puppies.

I have yet to see a mother breast feeding her child while walking around the mall/park. The women that do feed in public find a place to sit down and take care of business. I don't see evolution removing 4 breasts for mobility. I see it retaining them to feed multiple children.

Although it might change the position or shape for greater mobility. Just my opinion.

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 619
    edited December 1969

F0ul said:
    Madbat said:
    Just a thought...

Don't believe in evolution but our "cousins" the apes only have two breasts that I can observe. If we evolved from apes then we should retain 2 breasts. Dogs and cats have more breasts and I see no reason for them to loose them in the evolutionary process. Apes usually have low birth rate. Most shows I watch about animals, apes seem to have one child. I am sure if they have more, the chance for the second one surviving is lowered. Shows on cats/dogs they usually produce at least two in the wild and domesticated ones produce litters that average four and can go up to a Guinness record of twenty-four puppies.

I have yet to see a mother breast feeding her child while walking around the mall/park. The women that do feed in public find a place to sit down and take care of business. I don't see evolution removing 4 breasts for mobility. I see it retaining them to feed multiple children.

Although it might change the position or shape for greater mobility. Just my opinion. Unfortunately, even if the 2breast argument were valid, the example of primates having 2 mammaries vs feline/canines with their multiple rows isn't exactly a good reason to restrict felinoids to a 2-breast model.

Primates started in trees (where they lost their "extras") and much later moved to the plains while Terran cats started out on the plains. A bipedal felinoid race (like Star Trek's Caitian M'Ress or Niven's K'zinti) would most likely have also stared out and stayed on the plains. They could very well have maintained the additional mammaries.

I like the idea of the examples pictured above, although I think a female felinoid lactating would probably still not be so large--they still would have to hunt, after all. However, the morph could be a good example for an extreme-sized female. Personally, I would dial them back to better fit the ideal felinoid in my mind, maybe 70-40% of what is pictured there.

However, as someone famously once said, "If you like your mammaries, you can keep your mammaries. Period! No one's forcing you to change!" Unfortunately, much like a similarly worded promise, that's not exactly true either. Even dialing back the extra breasts, I would run into problems with getting the human breasts that are already there to be similarly sized. There are plenty of breast morphs for Posette, Vicky, Genesis, etc. The fact is, most breast morphs are geared more for making bovine-proportioned females rather than toward the svelte-sized we should expect on a felinoid race. Certainly, the option of having a choice is much better for everyone.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    edited December 1969

Some time ago I read something about the number of breasts and/or nipples and found it quite surprising that we also have it within our built: supernumerary nipple
    Seems that humans also can have multiple nipples and/or breasts and that there are quite a lot of people having them, including some celebrities such as Lily Allen and Zac Efron!

edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    Some time ago I read something about the number of breasts and/or nipples and found it quite surprising that we also have it within our built: supernumerary nipple
    Seems that humans also can have multiple nipples and/or breasts and that there are quite a lot of people having them, including some celebrities such as Lily Allen and Zac Efron!
    In learned about such in The Man With the Golden Gun, it was a feature given to the Bond Villain, Francisco Scaramanga (Christoper Lee). When Bond (Roger Moore) attempted to impersonate Scaramanga in order to get close to the person who hired Scaramanga, their is a scene where the cast had to perform a makeup job on Bond in preparation--this was in 1974.

I do find it ironic that such features appear more often in men than in women.

edited December 1969

I forgot about that movie.

Interesting what a google search will turn up.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/-wPvrBOs7mOg/TcGAGuRTa_I/AAAAAAAAABo/flPcWVNfBlk/Cybele.jpg

edited January 2014

Holyshit!! :bug:

I'd have to say she's got everybody beat!

& 4 sets of buttocks on top (or bottom) of that.

(although, that might explain why Durga, Kali, & Saraswati grew so many arms.... ;-P )

Post edited by Ryuu@AMcCF on
  • Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

Somebody mentioned bipeds vs. quadrupeds and I think this is the defining difference, at least in any environment where we expect to see/feel the effects of gravity.

Quadrupeds have a completely different weight-bearing bone structure, and although many of the same bones are present (tarsals, metatarsals, carpals, metacarpals, femur, tibia, fibula, humerus, radius, ulna, etc), the native geometries are DIFFERENT because of the effects of gravity on the abdominal sac and how the skeletal structure supports that weight by way of ligament and other connective tissue attachments.

If you have a horizontally-oriented body, then your spine is designed differently, and you have four legs to support the weight, so naturally you can carry more stuff inside (and underneath) you. Multiple stomachs, multiple mammaries, multiple offspring. The forelegs, hindlegs, and spinal column are designed to support "more", even if you're just a dachshund! When you walk upright, the pelvis and hind legs are the primary weight-bearing structures. Oh sure, spine too of course...but everything ultimately weighs down on the pelvis. So the whole body is naturally designed differently.

Cats, dogs, and other four-legged animals might "arch" their backs upward (like an upside down "U") or downward (regular "U") to hunt, stalk, defend, or merely for a morning stretch. But their horizontally-aligned bodies are not designed to make "crunch" or "sit-up" movements with their spines, because that wouldn't be a good design with the gut-sac in the way and sensitive nutrient-making tissues that could be damaged or rendered useless by severe/traumatic compression or distortion. Because if that happens, then your offspring would be more likely to starve/not survive to carry on the race. It is obvious to me that all quadrupeds with breasts on chests and all bipeds with breasts on abdomens were long-ago weeded out by natural selection.

As a side note, birds, though they don't have mammaries, also have different skeletal structures. Many of their internal and reproductive organs are shifted aft ward so make room for the big flight muscles up front and to provide a needed counterbalance. Because of all this, when you see just about any bird stretch out in the morning, it's a completely different geometrical event. Some bones are hollow and others are fused so as to allow for a light, rigid airframe. This limits some motions but also allows for an escape or hunting skill set.

Our favorite dragons likely would never be able to fly, what with their relatively small pectoral muscles, heavy abdominal regions, thick-boned and muscular legs, and thinly-canvassed wings.

So I think the skeletal structure is dictated much much more by the orientation of the body's weight, and not so much by the head, ears, teeth, or claws we attach to said body. Of course, with 3D, we can design any kind of character we want. Including dragons, yes? :coolsmirk:

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Also factor in the number of offspring produced vs the number of mammary glands. Primates generally produce only one offspring at a time.

Felines and canines can produce anywhere from 1 to a dozen offspring in a single gestational cycle.

Is the OP's species still producing a litters (multiple births the norm and females carrying the average number are not considered at risk) or are they down to a single offspring birth as the norm?

• mrmdk187mrmdk187 Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Being new to Daz and 3d "Art" not new to design. I am an Auto CAD guy.
    I was hoping to also make a cat woman with 6 breasts. Have you nailed down a working model yet?

If so would you be willing to share?

Thanks

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

This thread is terrifying lol. But seriously, wouldn't it just be 6-8 (not up on my cat anatomy) nipples, not breasts? So an anthromorphic(sp?) cat-person might have 2 normal breasts with the remaining nipples below? Most cat-women that I know of just stick with the more familiar 2 breasts. Not my area of expertise, however.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,006
    edited December 1969

Nope, just two. :)

2194L.jpg
    646 x 800 - 90K
    edited March 2014

If someone is going to rip off my idea, at least they could give me credit. DarioFish
    http://s0.uploads.im/uAMmK.jpg

mrmdk187 said:
    Being new to Daz and 3d "Art" not new to design. I am an Auto CAD guy.
    I was hoping to also make a cat woman with 6 breasts. Have you nailed down a working model yet?

If so would you be willing to share?

Thanks

I dropped the 6 breast idea since it had issues with being to near a bending joint. It seems ok for rendering if you don't get crazy with bending the torso a lot. I haven't added any fine details like nipples. Since someone already did 4 all I need to do would be to add morphs. I might post what I did do. If so I will let you know.

Post edited by F0ul on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited March 2014

LOL! I would say something to sooth you but it has not been all that long that something close to this happened to a Friend and I. We came up with what we thought was a great idea, Build a burger for Poser, make any type of burger you want from different props and groups of props. This was thought up in a Private chat room so no leaks. The very next week Build a burger was released on Rendo by another.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited March 2014

(Already noted. Never mind)

Post edited by JOdel on
  • edited January 2016
    F0ul said:

Hello All,

I believe that cat people should have more than 2 breast so I tried a morph. I only partially happy with it. As a morph that I made it has no nipple functions, doesn't have a texture template, distorts the mesh to much and just doesn't live up to my expectations.

I tried merging Genesis2 breast with the Genesis 2 woman but, my results were odd. I guess that the figure doesn't try to compensate for mismatched edges, so I went to morphing.

Is there a way to do this relatively easy. I am not a talented 3d sculpture but, I have an ok grasp of some 3d software.
    Thanks for any help. If it's been brought up before please link it. A search brings up no result. Thanks.

On a side note The 4 arm guy in the store, is there more in depth tutorial of how I can do this. I was into photo manipulations for awhile and would like to create some odd stuff. The tutorial listed here on geo-grafting doesn't seem complete or I am just missing something.

Edited to take reply out of quote

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • edited January 2016
    F0ul said:

Hello All,

I feel we should allowed to purchase the option for giving, for example, females, four or more tits, replacing their legs, with an animal, for example, a centaur.

Maybe having cheap packages, since I'm on limited income. TY.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    F0ul said:

I feel we should allowed to purchase the option for giving, for example, females, four or more tits, replacing their legs, with an animal, for example, a centaur.

Maybe having cheap packages, since I'm on limited income. TY.

The store can't 'allow' you to buy products that don't exist, and content creators aren't likely to make products that might not provide a good return on investment. If you want four breasts on a figure, look at Dariofish's Cat Folk at Renderosity. For figures with serpentine lower bodies, RawArt sells a gorgon set and expansion for Genesis 1 that does that, and there is the Succubus set for Genesis 2 Female that also has a serpentine lower body geograft. The store here at DAZ has mermaid options for Genesis 1, G2F, and G3F. And look here in the forum for the thread on the free DS Creative magazine. One of the recent issues has a tutorial on creating centaurs using G2F and DAZ Horse 2.