The Can’t Find Anything When You Need It Complaint Thread.

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

complainnnnnnt i updated heart links to aiko and hiro in my siggy and now my siggy is gone :pout: :pout: :pout: :pout: :pout:

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited January 2014

Kyoto Kid said:
    ....forgot to set the Daz Studio Formats directory to Studio3/Content as well. When I did that, V4 loads fine, however, when I try to open a saved character (Leela for example) I now get an error that it is unable to locate the skin map I used.

Had to manually search and then load the missing textures which were in two different folders. A real pain in the bum. Don't want to go through that every time I need to use her (or another saved character) in a scene.

With one of the characters I am setting up for my RRRR submission (who is built on V4) I have to manually search for and load all the textures for the clothing, hair, character maps, and props.

This is occurring with pretty much everything I used from the Poser runtime whether it is on a character or part of a full scene. I don't have the time to go jumping through all the folder hoops manually resetting all of my textures for everything I've done.

Filed a support ticket on the whole mess as like I mentioned this didn't happen on my notebook.

Seems I can get one, or the other to work, but not both.

...it's after 01:00 and I have to get to bed, haven't been feeling well most of the day.

The errors are because the Folders were set up wrong at start and you loaded them from a folder NOT mapped when you Saved the files. So those save files have HARD paths in them instead of default relative paths. I assure you the Above is the PROPER content set up for your paths. Fill free to send the image to the Tech Department and ask them if you like.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

theres a rmp coupie out. 15%/22.

been wanting irina2.o for sp3. hmmm. never gonna get to Florida if i bleed money

edited December 1969

found a cute 'summer breeze' outfit for v4. :) and Irina comes with a watch. my SP3 is gonna love it.

now i haz to find something to spend pc coupie on. hmm 6 + store credit 3.81 + 5.59 left on my vgc santa left me. hmm the fantasy promo isn't tesselating me, tintallating?

do campbell cans last forever? found some low sodium chicky noodle in the cupboard under the stairs. lessee their idea of low sodium is 440mg x 2.5.
    the pizza option is still an option. i'm afraid it will give me a tummy ache

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...it's after 01:00 and I have to get to bed, haven't been feeling well most of the day.

is no wonder with all the stress you're under

edited January 2014

holey moley.

earned 3.50 usd from kindle sale :lol:

they lowered the payout threshold. :lol:

may be feeling a rekindling of interest in making kindle editions. 3.50 would buy a box of milkbones. sigh no bubby to celebrate with me

scrunched.jpg
    491 x 391 - 68K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

browsing the store is exhausting today. :)

folding chair isn't comfy.

i want the Aussie scrabble edition. :)

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

I put a cushion on my folding chair. The back is still hard though.

Ok, I'm going to render some skin textures now.

edited December 1969

ouchie folding chair , lol

i'm iso a public domain version of that grid you see looking through binoculars with the data dumps

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Sob. :down:

weather1.JPG
    542 x 478 - 36K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ....forgot to set the Daz Studio Formats directory to Studio3/Content as well. When I did that, V4 loads fine, however, when I try to open a saved character (Leela for example) I now get an error that it is unable to locate the skin map I used.

Had to manually search and then load the missing textures which were in two different folders. A real pain in the bum. Don't want to go through that every time I need to use her (or another saved character) in a scene.

With one of the characters I am setting up for my RRRR submission (who is built on V4) I have to manually search for and load all the textures for the clothing, hair, character maps, and props.

This is occurring with pretty much everything I used from the Poser runtime whether it is on a character or part of a full scene. I don't have the time to go jumping through all the folder hoops manually resetting all of my textures for everything I've done.

Filed a support ticket on the whole mess as like I mentioned this didn't happen on my notebook.

Seems I can get one, or the other to work, but not both.

The errors are because the Folders were set up wrong at start and you loaded them from a folder NOT mapped when you Saved the files. So those save files have HARD paths in them instead of default relative paths. I assure you the Above is the PROPER content set up for your paths. Fill free to send the image to the Tech Department and ask them if you like.
    ...when I was setting things up on the workstation last spring I had someone "in the know" (don't remember who) tell me the configuration I had would work fine so I went with it.

This was the fist time I needed to use V4 so I didn't realise there was an issue with broken paths when loading her until now. Like I mentioned going through having to reset the paths to textures for all the content I've used from the "Poser" runtime since last April i ridiculous.

Another issue that happened when I changed the mapping was while seeing what this did to a full scene, there was a string of errors in the history pane concerning the assets originally saved from the Growing Up morphs. These were not path errors as they didn't stop the loading process, but most likely affected the morph channels associated with them (I've seen this happen before, and when I opened the parameters tab, the morph sliders were inactive). I'm certainly not about to rebuild all the characters I've been setting up with those morphs as well.

What gets me is nothing about the Poser runtime changed, so why would how I mapped the Daz portion of this affect loading a character from there instead of the "My Library/People" folder? I don't get path error issues loading Gen 3 figures, K4, Gen4 males, older sets or props (even freebies) from the Poser runtime with the setup I have, so why should figures based on the Vicky4 unimesh be any different? To me, that spells "b-u-g".

Weighing it all out, this appears to be a case where the cure does more harm than the ailment. A broken Vicky 4 vs having to spend days, maybe weeks manually fixing paths to everything else.

The second line in my signature says it all: I am not good at this kind of stuff.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

is no wonder with all the stress you're under
    ...exactly, and I'm supposed to be doing this to relax from all the stresses of RL.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Traffic chaos here today, two tunnels under and a bridge over the river are closed - south and west are full of cars, north and east are real empty :lol: In west right now heading east, looks like for another hour or so :lol:

edited January 2014

complainnnnnnt i updated heart links to aiko and hiro in my siggy and now my siggy is gone :pout: :pout: :pout: :pout: :pout:

Only thing worse than missing a footer is losing your header :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Traffic chaos here today, two tunnels under and a bridge over the river are closed - south and west are full of cars, north and east are real empty :lol: In west right now heading east, looks like for another hour or so :lol:

I heard that the Burnley Tunnel is closed for road work / maintenance until January 7 or 8.

edited December 1969

Complaint: Razz frazzling ding dong frizzle frap!! (Cartoon cursing in order to abide by TOS)
    Thanks, I feel better now...

July23.gif
    472 x 572 - 13K
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited December 1969

Some photos I took of a few of my dinosaurs :)

male-trex-1.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 351K
    red-trex-2.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 221K
    green-trex-1.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 232K
    trex-full-3.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 975K
    female-trex-1.jpg
    1538 x 2000 - 748K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited December 1969

holey moley.

may be feeling a rekindling of interest in making kindle editions. 3.50 would buy a box of milkbones. sigh no bubby to celebrate with me

dunno what Youtube's payout threshold is?
    Untitled.jpg
    1027 x 995 - 165K
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:

Rawr! (translation: "Cool!")
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:

Gotta watch that flash...the fourth one has a little red-eye! ;-P

Dana

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

holey moley.

Wait...they actually pay you for having a popular video on YouTube?

Dana

edited January 2014

...well Green Bay lost in spite of playing as hard as they could. A couple questionable calls by the officials (a missed pass interference against the 49rs and a "ticky tacky " pass interference call in favour of the 49rs), but the Packers played through those, and when it came down to the crunch, almost deflected the game inning field goal to send the game into overtime (the ball was partially deflected, but just not enough). My hat's still off to my team which, in spite of tremendous adversity having lost a number of key players due to injury over the season, played the game right down to the wire.

...losing sucks, but at least they were in the game all the way to the end.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

I heard that the Burnley Tunnel is closed for road work / maintenance until January 7 or 8.

Until tomorrow night I think, not much traffic here in central city but boy South and West Melbourne are gridlocked, hardly moving this morning. The radio is saying end of the week for all the diversions except Lonsdale Street where they are building above the road \m/

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Complaint: Razz frazzling ding dong frizzle frap!! (Cartoon cursing in order to abide by TOS)
    Thanks, I feel better now...

Smoking might be bad for you :)

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Rezca said:

Rawr! (translation: "Cool!")

Yes way cool :)

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    holey moley.

Dana
    only after enabling partnership and Ad sense
    people clicking on ADs gets revenue

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    ps1borg said:
    chohole said:
    ps1borg said:
    More madlab, the sparky things animate pretty good. Can't find the madlab thread drop:

Here tis http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/34781/

Thanks, great. Your weather is on the TV news here, looks wild and amazing and beautiful and scary and tragic all at once :)

Yes I see on the news just how people are suffering, and then watch the water running down our hill, looking like a river itself, thinking that what runs past us is collceting down in the valley for the poor people down there to cope with it. I then thank dogz once again that we decided to settle on a mountain, and not in a valley.

Is that double edged thing you always get when nature is at work on a large scale, from a distance it is one thing, in the middle of it something else altogether :)

edited December 1969

feeling the cabin fever.
    thinking i'm feeling ready to eat something besides cheerios. but i haz to go get it.

rains are supposed to start 2-ish. and then it will freeze into iceness land. woes

power blinked, saved by ups backup.

whoa more icebox, hopes you are warm enough :)

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    holey moley.

Dana
    only after enabling partnership and Ad sense
    people clicking on ADs gets revenue

Small earthquake in Adelaide ?

edited January 2014

I will have to Google
    they WERE talking about earthquakes on the radio last night at about 10pm on my way home from work and Adelaides last one which I also never noticed!!

ah morning, I slept through it, prob thought it was jet fighter going to Edinburgh RAAF base nearby they are pretty loud.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
This discussion has been closed.