The Can’t Find Anything When You Need It Complaint Thread.

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...complaint. Vicky 4.2 still doesn't load in 4.6 without path errors. A4 and Stph4 load OK but Vicky and G4 don't. Needed V4.2 for the RRRR challenge as one of the draws was Druscilla Goth which doesn't work with Genesis (I also need the morphs as well as the skin maps).

Someone a while back mentioned that it was due to my setup because I had effectively mapped the Studio3 folder twice, once in the Daz Library folder, and once for the Poser runtime Folder. However if I change the mapping in the Daz content folder from Studio3 to Studio3/Content (which allows V.2 to load without error) all the MATs for characters I already have created and saved using older content are lost. Furthermore and all the maps I spent time setting up as .duf's for G2F that were saved in the 4.6 Library/Presets/Material folder no longer work. Going back in and trying to restore the maps from the Poser runtime doesn't work either.

So it seems the choices I have are losing all my character maps or having to continue dealing with the path errors and manually loading the v.2 components every time.

...kind of a no win situation.

Filed a support ticket on it anyway for maybe there is another workaround I'm not aware of.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,349
    edited December 1969

That's weird. V4.2 loads fine for me in 4.6

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    That's weird. V4.2 loads fine for me in 4.6

+1

Powerloader for V4 works fine as well (and for M4 and others that might have it)

I have several runtimes:

H:\Program Files\DAZ\Studio\content\blah blah - all DAZ3D content goes here
    H:\Program Files\DAZ\DAZStudio3 - content specific to DS3 goes here
    H:\Program Files\DAZ\DAZStudio4 - content specific to DS4 goes here

M:\Freebies\Freebies\Runtime\blah blah - all freebies not from DAZ3D go here
    M:\Paid+Not_DAZ\Runtime\blah blah - all paid items not purhcased at DAZ3D go here

Dana

edited January 2014

Yeah I tried the power loader as well and it was fine. Maybe try reinstalling V4

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,712
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...complaint. Vicky 4.2 still doesn't load in 4.6 without path errors. A4 and Stph4 load OK but Vicky and G4 don't. Needed V4.2 for the RRRR challenge as one of the draws was Druscilla Goth which doesn't work with Genesis (I also need the morphs as well as the skin maps).

Someone a while back mentioned that it was due to my setup because I had effectively mapped the Studio3 folder twice, once in the Daz Library folder, and once for the Poser runtime Folder. However if I change the mapping in the Daz content folder from Studio3 to Studio3/Content (which allows V.2 to load without error) all the MATs for characters I already have created and saved using older content are lost. Furthermore and all the maps I spent time setting up as .duf's for G2F that were saved in the 4.6 Library/Presets/Material folder no longer work. Going back in and trying to restore the maps from the Poser runtime doesn't work either.

So it seems the choices I have are losing all my character maps or having to continue dealing with the path errors and manually loading the v.2 components every time.

Filed a support ticket on it anyway for maybe there is another workaround I'm not aware of.

Sounds as if you may have Runtimes in both the Studio3 and Studio3\Content folders. It's also possible that your presets have saved with the Content folder in the relative path. The former can be fixed by merging the two Runtimes (and any other content folders, such as Data and DS content folders such as people); the latter can be fixed by editing the presets, or by pointing DS to the first missing file (after which it should find the reset) and then resaving.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. A social Saturday night and early Sunday morning making for a fuzzy kinda feel to the day so far for me :)

edited December 1969

Yes, the Chiefs are up 31-10. Hope they can keep it up.

edited December 1969

9 am Sat Jan 4

snippy weather

brrr

well, i've survived a week without my Bubby. sigh everything is like lackluster i think is the word.

gonna try to work on a project today. gathered up some props into a figure, was trying to learn how to make master dials toggle visibility on/off for the parts.

kinda sleepwalking numb feeling is normal *hugs*

edited January 2014

I have over-protective relatives. I wanted to run some errands today, but they said it is too cold and icy today. Um, the high will be 35 degrees and the snow is starting to melt. What is the problem?? I've been through worse weather in high school and college. The relatives keep citing the low temperature of 5 degrees. Um, I'm not going out in the middle of the night.

sorry, had to rant.

That's almost half of the temperature here so far today

w.png
    208 x 168 - 18K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,008
    edited December 1969

Optical Illusion. :)

1515031_10152729017585639_2129996316_n.png
    640 x 480 - 429K
    edited December 1969

...now on BBC2, it's time for Cow Talk.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...now on BBC2, it's time for Cow Talk.

Time for CNN moos here :)

edited December 1969

All moos, all the time.

Dana

That reminds me of an April Fools joke they played on my favorite rock station many years ago. I was going to pick up Diane from work, and put the radio on and there was a Michael Jackson tune playing, then there was another one, and then I heard the station ID announcement, and it said "All Michael, all the time." Now, I liked MJ, but this was my rock station they were messing with. I was upset. Then it finally dawned on me that it was Arpil 1st. A few years earlier than that a top DJ there played another one that was more consequential...for her. The station is in Providence, RI. She announced that the state offices and all state jobs were closed for the day. It's a very popular station. A lot of state workers did not show up for work. She lost her job over that one as far as I know. Kind of funny, but not for the state workers...or for her in the end.

edited January 2014

Kyoto Kid said:

Sounds as if you may have Runtimes in both the Studio3 and Studio3\Content folders. It's also possible that your presets have saved with the Content folder in the relative path. The former can be fixed by merging the two Runtimes (and any other content folders, such as Data and DS content folders such as people); the latter can be fixed by editing the presets, or by pointing DS to the first missing file (after which it should find the reset) and then resaving.
    ...I just checked the root "Studio3" folder in Windows and there is no duplicate runtime folder there. Only "Content", "Data" and three template folders from old content.

The only runitme folders I see are "DAZ3D/Studio3/Content/Runtime" (the 'Poser" runtime) and DAZ3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime (Studio 4.6). In the Studio4.6 runtime/libraries folder there is no "!DAZ/Victoria4/Body" or "/Deltas folders." so I have no idea what would be causing the conflict.

I had a similar setup on the old notebook with both Studio 3.1A and Studio 4.5 (as well as studio 2.3) and Vicky loaded fine in all of the versions, so I don't see how things would have changed between the two systems.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well, It seems I got many Lurkers in my Jaderail project that just went live in the Art Studio. Very pleased to see the view count climb as it has. I'm not here begging for views, I'm still in sorry for that last complaint I posted mode.

edited December 1969

KK if you have V4 installed to two locations, say a DS3 content folder and a DS4 content folder and you have DS4+ mapped to both those locations that is causing the errors. You can only have a Figure (rigged) installed to one content folder for it to work properly in DS4+ and above.

edited January 2014

...the thing is I installed all my Gen4 content just to the Studio3 runtime, not to the Studio4 library. Let me check to see if there is a duplicate folder.

------

Update, there is a Victoria4 folder under My Library/People but all it contains are a folder named "Clothing" which has the files for Moroccan Dreams, and a Materials folder with folders in it labelled V4-HiRes and V4 Standared Res (the skin maps). There is also a Victoria 4 folder under "Genesis 2 female", but that is for the V4 clone.

None of these contain any of the core figure, morph, or delta files.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

...I just checked the root "Studio3" folder in Windows and there is no duplicate runtime folder there. Only "Content", "Data" and three template folders from old content.

The only runitme folders I see are "DAZ3D/Studio3/Content/Runtime" (the 'Poser" runtime) and DAZ3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime (Studio 4.6). In the Studio4.6 runtime/libraries folder there is no "!DAZ/Victoria4/Body" or "/Deltas folders." so I have no idea what would be causing the conflict.

I had a similar setup on the old notebook with both Studio 3.1A and Studio 4.5 (as well as studio 2.3) and Vicky loaded fine in all of the versions, so I don't see how things would have changed between the two systems.

Do you have a DAZ People folder in the My Library as well as the DAZ3D/Studio3/ folders? See, I don't have the My Library structure at all. Maybe that's the difference.

Dana

edited December 1969

Sorry, I posted before I saw this last page with Jade's answer and your post about the folders.

Dana

edited December 1969

...below is a screen shot of my directory setup.

content_directories.jpg
    934 x 664 - 195K
    edited December 1969

Umm.. your Paths are OFF KK. That explains LOADS. Hold, I'll post what you should have very soon.

edited December 1969

Set this and ALL your content should now start working properly.

content_directories.jpg
    921 x 464 - 40K
    edited December 1969

...still getting the errors

Screenshots of both error messages as they appear in order below.

v4_error_2.jpg
    502 x 592 - 160K
    v4_error_1.jpg
    504 x 594 - 153K
    edited January 2014

....forgot to set the Daz Studio Formats directory to Studio3/Content as well. When I did that, V4 loads fine, however, when I try to open a saved character (Leela for example) I now get an error that it is unable to locate the skin map I used.

Had to manually search and then load the missing textures which were in two different folders. A real pain in the bum. Don't want to go through that every time I need to use her (or another saved character) in a scene.

With one of the characters I am setting up for my RRRR submission (who is built on V4) I have to manually search for and load all the textures for the clothing, hair, character maps, and props.

This is occurring with pretty much everything I used from the Poser runtime whether it is on a character or part of a full scene. I don't have the time to go jumping through all the folder hoops manually resetting all of my textures for everything I've done.

Filed a support ticket on the whole mess as like I mentioned this didn't happen on my notebook.

Seems I can get one, or the other to work, but not both.

...it's after 01:00 and I have to get to bed, haven't been feeling well most of the day.

edited December 1969

More madlab, the sparky things animate pretty good. Can't find the madlab thread drop:

ML3sml.jpg
    1500 x 915 - 193K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    More madlab, the sparky things animate pretty good. Can't find the madlab thread drop:

Here tis http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/34781/

edited January 2014

chohole said:
    ps1borg said:

Thanks, great. Your weather is on the TV news here, looks wild and amazing and beautiful and scary and tragic all at once :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    chohole said:
    ps1borg said:

Thanks, great. Your weather is on the TV news here, looks wild and amazing and beautiful and scary and tragic all at once :)

Yes I see on the news just how people are suffering, and then watch the water running down our hill, looking like a river itself, thinking that what runs past us is collceting down in the valley for the poor people down there to cope with it. I then thank dogz once again that we decided to settle on a mountain, and not in a valley.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

feeling the cabin fever.
    thinking i'm feeling ready to eat something besides cheerios. but i haz to go get it.

rains are supposed to start 2-ish. and then it will freeze into iceness land. woes

power blinked, saved by ups backup.

01-05-14_0749.jpg
    640 x 480 - 25K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

tesla coils?

high voltage :)

This discussion has been closed.