Sadie to genesis?

kurthurtkurthurt Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Will there ever be a sadie to genesis conversion / morph set? she's so cute, but so limited.

Comments

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

kurthurt said:
    Will there ever be a sadie to genesis conversion / morph set? she's so cute, but so limited.

Alexa asked this directly to 3DU about a week ago, and was told that work has already started, but there was no timeline.

Make more noise if you want Sadie to get all the clothes, hair, and morphs available for Genesis.

Kendall

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited September 2012

...[post removed]

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...actually makes little sense as for one 3DU already has Jasmin and Amy (thought the need poses for the girl) and Sadie is just perfect the way she is. There is little if anything Genesis could contribute to improving on the little sweetie.

She's a toon figure, weight mapping means little to nothing as it only really benefits "realistic" models like Vicky.

But it does open a whole world of clothing and hair for Sadie that currently doesn't exist. So someone who uses a Genesis Sadie wouldn't be restricted by only those items made for her.

Kendall

edited September 2012

...[post removed]

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...too much stock is placed on Autofit. It still has some serious flaws.

...besides why would I want to use an application with a cumbersome UI and no plugin support when there is so much Freebie support for Sadie and I can do what I need with the original character (along with XD4 for clothing conversion) in 3A?

If I wanted to develop a young Toon Girl using Genesis, I'd just use Jasmin or Amy and dial in the child body shape.

Regardless, it was indicated that work has started on her conversion. When she is ready, those who want to buy her will, those who don't - won't. I know a few folks who really want a Genesis version of her, and they have money set aside to buy her.

Kendall

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...too much stock is placed on Autofit. It still has some serious flaws.

...besides why would I want to use an application with a cumbersome UI and no plugin support when there is so much Freebie support for Sadie and I can do what I need with the original character (along with XD4 for clothing conversion) in 3A?

If I wanted to develop a young Toon Girl using Genesis, I'd just use Jasmin or Amy and dial in the child body shape.

YOU might not but others might, just because you don't like Genesis or DS4 doesn't mean everyone feels the same way.

edited September 2012

...[post removed]

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...it's not that I don't like Genesis, I just do not think it is necessary for a character like Sadie who has her own character identity and works perfectly fine in her original form.

She's a toon child character, why would there be need to mix her with say, an adult Vicky or even the Jasmin character (which is one of the main "selling points' for Genesis)?

It would be like trying to make a "realistic" Mavka or Gosha which defeats the whole purpose of the original character concept.

Well, one could mix Sadie's features with Jasmin, Asobi, Hitomi, and Aven to get a whole new character. Maybe add Sadie's cute little head to Hitomi's body, or Jasmin's head onto Sadie's body.

I think it would be intersting to see a Teen-Age Mutant Sadie Turtle Girl. With Genesis, the options are infinite. Sadie has lots of features that could be very useful in "sculpting" other characters. Already, we've see situations where toon characters' features added to "realistic" figures adds softness or otherwise missing shaping to the figure.

There are lots of reasons that a Sadie shape would be useful.

Kendall

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...it's not that I don't like Genesis, I just do not think it is necessary for a character like Sadie who has her own character identity and works perfectly fine in her original form.

She's a toon child character, why would there be need to mix her with say, an adult Vicky or even the Jasmin character (which is one of the main "selling points' for Genesis)?

It would be like trying to make a "realistic" Mavka or Gosha which defeats the whole purpose of the original character concept.

Well, one could mix Sadie's features with Jasmin, Asobi, Hitomi, and Aven to get a whole new character. Maybe add Sadie's cute little head to Hitomi's body, or Jasmin's head onto Sadie's body.

I think it would be intersting to see a Teen-Age Mutant Sadie Turtle Girl. With Genesis, the options are infinite. Sadie has lots of features that could be very useful in "sculpting" other characters. Already, we've see situations where toon characters' features added to "realistic" figures adds softness or otherwise missing shaping to the figure.

There are lots of reasons that a Sadie shape would be useful.

Kendall

Fully Agree. Those who use Genesis are used to being spoiled with choice. We like to mix and match because we can. Those who don't really use genesis won't understand. We all at one stage have thought wouldn't it be cool to mix figure A with a little bit of Figure B. Now we can. Also Sadie on Genesis will bend better than the Sadie stand alone figure. And will have all the morphs in the world from other figures. Why settle for the original when you can have it on a better base platform with endless possibilites?

edited September 2012

...[post removed]

edited December 1969

Did you hide aiko3 head and sadie body?

edited September 2012

...[post removed]

edited July 2012

I used to do that method but when you want to apply a pose to it then the shit hits the fan in most cases and you have to manually adjust rotations. Also you have to hide the neck or the area where sadie meets aiko will show unless you fix it in postwork. All of that I don't do anymore. For one, you use more resources having two figures loaded. And two, Matching textures is a real pain. What if I want to use a lovely v4 texture on both? Aint gonna happen unless I take both into texture converter and make two conversions. That is already a good solid 20 minutes wasted. See all the dissadvantages of old school? Its long, and tacky and limited. Genesis saves me so much time. I cringe now everytime I open up another figure. With Genesis this is what the process would be. 1. dial up aiko3 body and Sadie head. Step two, apply v4 texture. Wont take me more than 3 min to get the same result. And Im not limited to just aiko3's wardrobe.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    I used to do that method but when you want to apply a pose to it then the shit hits the fan in most cases and you have to manually adjust rotations. Also you have to hide the neck or the area where sadie meets aiko will show unless you fix it in postwork. All of that I don't do anymore. For one, you use more resources having two figures loaded. And two, Matching textures is a real pain. What if I want to use a lovely v4 texture on both? Aint gonna happen unless I take both into texture converter and make two conversions. That is already a good solid 20 minutes wasted. See all the dissadvantages of old school? Its long, and tacky and limited. Genesis saves me so much time. I cringe now everytime I open up another figure. With Genesis this is what the process would be. 1. dial up aiko3 body and Sadie head. Step two, apply v4 texture. Wont take me more than 3 min to get the same result.

Don't forget that you don't have to go filtering clothes... Not A3, hmmm, is that A3? Nope, its S4. A3? Nope, V4. What about this? Hey! This is A3, but it doesn't have the right morphs.... :-(

Not a problem anymore.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    I used to do that method but when you want to apply a pose to it then the shit hits the fan in most cases and you have to manually adjust rotations. Also you have to hide the neck or the area where sadie meets aiko will show unless you fix it in postwork. All of that I don't do anymore. For one, you use more resources having two figures loaded. And two, Matching textures is a real pain. What if I want to use a lovely v4 texture on both? Aint gonna happen unless I take both into texture converter and make two conversions. That is already a good solid 20 minutes wasted. See all the dissadvantages of old school? Its long, and tacky and limited. Genesis saves me so much time. I cringe now everytime I open up another figure. With Genesis this is what the process would be. 1. dial up aiko3 body and Sadie head. Step two, apply v4 texture. Wont take me more than 3 min to get the same result.

Don't forget that you don't have to go filtering clothes... Not A3, hmmm, is that A3? Nope, its S4. A3? Nope, V4. What about this? Hey! This is A3, but it doesn't have the right morphs.... :-(

Not a problem anymore.

Kendall

LOL ye. My morphing clothes icon has cobwebs on it....Hardly use it anymore.

edited September 2012

...[post removed]

edited July 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...to use a V4 morph requires the VR4 body shapes and GenEX, a fairly pricey option.

Furthermore, to use A V4 or V5 morph means having to dial in a bit of Vicky as well. Also a good amount of the time, one character morphs doesn't always work well with another.

....just keeping it simple.

Yes the morphs sets cost money, but they are so worth it. Gives you the option to use v4 textures, clothes etc. If you wanted v4 textures on sadie you would have to buy texture converter plugins, and if you wanted morphs in clothing you would have to buy clothing converter plugins. Genesis is a bit more expensive but you pay for what you get but it also saves you a hell of a lot of time which is extremely important. Also yes not all morphs blended together look good, but that is strictly to what you dial up. Some just dont look good together and some do. Still, I prefer having that choice than none at all. Wouldn't you want morph ++ featues on Sadie or any other of your favourite morphs? Can you make Sadie look old or turn her into a zombie? Can you make her fat and thin? Some users would love that flexability. With the base figure you can't. With Genesis you can. Bottom line we all have our preferences. Some prefer to jump through hoops to get a result, others like me prefer the easier and superior way:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

I do not want to cut in your serious conversation by my rude attitude,
    but I really feel, why daz do not make more new character and items for genesis
    as same as for V4,,

I just hope many beautiful or cute or sexy character for genesis as many guys who used V4 and got them,,

genreration X, or auto fit is good idea for mens who used V4.

but I dare say , though we have the choice with generation x , it is best daz products and sell characters for genesis.
    (so why daz did not make two types base figure,, female genesis and men genesis,,
    I think it is better to shape more detail,,)
    because , I and new comer do not care it is character of V4 or not,,
    we may buy if we feel the character is attractive for us. and we hope we use it on genesis.
    we know only genesis, and we do not have so many items as yours get them for V4.

( I do not care if it is reuse of some character for V4 or not, but many attractive character I find in many shops,
    is for V4,, not for genesis still.)

edited December 1969

Sadie is a stand alone figure and has nothing to do with V4 as far as I understand. So just making a Genesis morph for her wont require you to have genx. Genx is only if you want to use V4/m4 textures and clothing on Genesis.

edited December 1969

zev 0, I did not say about only Sadie , sorry.

if you are just talk about only Sadie, not want to talk anything about V4 etc and genesis,
    It seems good if new genesis morph will came, Ofcourse I hope Sadie for genesis, too.

I felt it is problem which we will choose as our base figure,
    genesis or other products (which means not only V4 A3 V3, Sadie too)
    if they do not like genesis, they want not DAZ sell the morphs of figure which they like for genesis.

I will not cut in any more. I aplogize to cut in yours.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    Sadie is a stand alone figure and has nothing to do with V4 as far as I understand. So just making a Genesis morph for her wont require you to have genx. Genx is only if you want to use V4/m4 textures and clothing on Genesis.

you don't need Genx at all - V4 texture and clothing work fine on Genesis .

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Zev0 said:

Sorry I meant legacy morphs not Genx.. My bad

edited December 1969

>bign

I know about genx ,and I know , I can use V4 character texture for genesis without genX.:roll:

but clothing can not be used well, on genesis.

the more complicated clothing the more auto fit can not follow well. and they lost gohst bones of original.
    (if it is perfect , we need not reform them at all. .)

and texture is usually sold parts of character sets.

If I want to need texture, I should buy the V4 cahracter for genesis.
    but the cahracter morph can not be used for genesis.

I bought many items for V4 to only use them for genesis.
    but I feel it is not good for me.

that is because I hope products for genesis. not for V4 or old figure.

there are many items for v4 , and we can reuse part of them by auto-fit and generationX

but it is not perfect answer for men who decide genesis as their base figure ,
    and who do not have so many items for V4.

just think about PS3 and PS2 , who buy PS2 soft for PS3 now , if we can reuse it by some adapter?
    it is just answer for who had many items for old PS2.

new comer who bought PS3 just hope new soft for PS3.

anyway sorry to cut in yours. buy now.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    bigh said:
    Zev0 said:

Sorry I meant legacy morphs not Genx.. My bad

You don't need the legacy morphs, either -- V4 textures and clothing work on Genesis with just DS4Pro, no add-ons needed.

edited December 1969

LOL good lord what is wrong with me. Sorry, its because the last thing I installed was the Gen3 stuff. Totally forgot Daz4 had gen4 and clothing support from the beginning. Apologiez:)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

I do a lot of shape-blending myself. Just 2% to 5% of Aiko 3 Genesis shape to the head is enough to soften up mix of Basic Female head + V4 + V5 combination, for example. (I prefer Aiko 3 over Aiko 4, because Aiko 4 creeps me out.) I liberally borrow from a vast variety of figures -- and I ignore gender as one of those things that happen to other people -- if I want to create a bishounen look for my character, you bet that there's going to be some female features pilfered from the female side of the divide and a butch half-orc warrior woman is definitely going to find some M5, maybe some Freak too, from her genetics.

We probably need to start a "Genesis Genepool Blender Society"...

(so why daz did not make two types base figure,, female genesis and men genesis,,
    I think it is better to shape more detail,,)

Uhhh, no. To me, the selling point of Genesis is that I can define my figure without paying attention to social or biological divide, that I can sculpt them from parts given to me, and I do not need to buy double wardrobe for my figures. Which also means I can stick Michael into stockings and corset, give Victoria some non-skankwear armor, and so on. Universal modifiability and compatibility of Genesis is astonishing and it strongly appeals to me -- then again, I work in IT in system administrational role, which probably explains why I want things to be as compatible as possible...

Even if I am probably not one to buy Sadie (still on the fence about Hitomi), I totally welcome more ingredients to the Genesis genepool.

edited July 2012

Skiriki said:

Even if I am probably not one to buy Sadie (still on the fence about Hitomi), I totally welcome more ingredients to the Genesis genepool.

Here is part of a render by my daughter using Genesis Female, Nata, Hitomi, and some of the base morphs. She was going for as close to Mrs. Rabbit as she could get w/o getting into trouble with trademark/copyright. (EDIT: She just told me to add: since this was for an entry in the Freebie contest, she restricted herself to only 2 paid morph sets. She didn't even use the evolution morphs for that render, though she's convinced she could have made a "spot on" Jessica Rabbit had she used all of the morphs she has.)

Kendall

Just-Jessica.jpg
    328 x 798 - 163K
    Post edited by Kendall Sears on
    edited December 1969

That song she sings just popped in my head.:)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

:o I suddenly realized that I saw that movie when it came out. Gah. Feeling OLLLLLLLLD now. And the song gives me shivers, oh yes it does.