Contest and challenge: Spinning Vicky in a Temple with a Sword!

Comments

• KinichKinich Posts: 857
    edited December 1969

Guardians of Nature's Temple

Rendered in Daz Studio 4.6 Pro, Post Work in GIMP 2.8

Guardians_-_PSB-2013.jpg
    1652 x 1284 - 733K
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    I'm back!

Wow, so many lovely renders from so many people O_o

Welcome back! Hope you didn't get too cold without power.

And, yes, there are quite a few lovely renders in this thread. I don't envy you (and whoever you might have helping judge this) in picking a winner.

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 2013

Kattey said:
    I'm back!

Wow, so many lovely renders from so many people O_o

Welcome back, Kattey; hope you're nice and toasty now :)

And my spin on NVIATWAS:

Olympia Leaving my Temple with a Knife :-P :lol:

Olympia 6
    Olympia 6 HD Add-On
    Curvaceous Olympia 6
    Wynter Hair 2
    Jungle Girl for Genesis 2 Female
    Tooth and Bone: Savage Accessories for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    M6 Xpressions
    Capsces Poses Olympia 6 Barbarian
    Ron's Scratches

Exported to LuxRender via Reality, postwork in PS.

Spinning_Girl_in_aTemple_corrected.png
    1768 x 1721 - 5M
    Post edited by 3dLux on
  • HastyDaveHastyDave Posts: 109
    edited December 1969

Since I'm not allowed to repost this I will have to resort to puns.
    Straight DS render, the only postwork is the sig.

Plated Vicky Going Mental with a Board

Plated_Vicky.jpg
    950 x 750 - 495K
  • TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

@Slimer_J_Spud:
    @SimonJM:

Thank you for comments.
    You have to consider, back in medieval times, Vicky had a day job traveling from one temple/castle/mansion to another, to deal with pests. So for this moment let her enjoy a short break before going to her next mission.

• RenolaceRenolace Posts: 46
    edited December 2013

When not in temples, she can often be found:
    "By the Waterfalls with a Sword"

Mostly Olympia 6 along with Luka hair for Genesis. The waterfall is from renderosity and the sword I found as a freebie on Turbosquid.

Its almost a new year, have a happy one.

BTWFWAS.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 1M
    Post edited by Renolace on
  • DavageDavage Posts: 84
    edited December 1969

O.K. I have to leave myself sometime to enjoy whats left of the weekend so here's my entry. Hope you enjoy.
    I call it...
    N.V.I.A.T.W.A.S. which as everyone knows means...
    Nekkid Vikki In A Tent Without A Sword

Used:
    Daz 4.6
    Gimp
    Deviney Brushes
    BigCat2
    Genesis
    and Others...

nviatwasfinalsignedaframedSIGNEDFINAL_resize.jpg
    1757 x 808 - 472K
  • zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

sorry for so many entries but I had never played with this theme before and I've been having fun with it. Here is my last one. I even missed out on some other contests to play with this one, lol.

|:| Shadow Wars |:|

shadowWars.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 423K
  • GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 1969

A 2 part entry.

The more things change....

MoreChange2.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 284K
    MoreChange1.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 289K
  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 2013

Since, if memory serves me right, a comment by me might have helped inspiring this contest, I felt a strong moral obligation to participation. That and the fact that I didn't do that in quite a while.
    So here's The Girl (instead of Vicky) in a plate and chainmail goth outfit (instead of a metal bikini) with a big hammer (instead of a sword) in the vampire chapel (instead of...OK, I guess a chapel is kind of a temple but more darker and creepier ^^). And also a lot of other peoples' weapons who may or may not have succumbed to the awesome that is big hammers.

Take Your Pick

Software used:
    DAZ Studio 4.6
    Photoshop Elements 6.0
    Ron's Fog by deviney

Items used:
    The Girl 6 by DAZ 3D
    Dark Embrace by MindVision G.D.S.
    Dark Winds Outfit by DAZ 3D and 4blueeyes
    Super Dress and Leggings for Genesis 2 Female(s) by Dogz
    Emotions for Teen Josie by DAZ 3D and Ravenhair
    Josie Tails Hair for Genesis 2 Female(s) by DAZ 3D and Neftis 3D
    Drop the Hammer by DAZ 3D and Valandar
    Vampire Chapel by Aako
    DA Glowing Eyes by Design Anvil
    Supersuit Pro Bundle by DAZ 3D
    Real Metals for DAZ Studio by DzFire
    and also...erm would it be sufficient to say 'a whole lot of weapons from a ton of other products'?

Take_Your_Pick.jpg
    1920 x 1536 - 1M
    Post edited by Barubary on
  • mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 2013

Those Are All Your Bots?

The Vicky with the sword is FW Eve body shape, but with a few tweaks.
    The skin is Lisbeth transformed to use AoA Subsurface Shader and to G2F.
    The hair is Aoife Hair
    The outfit is Rose Thorn with some textures from Briar for Rose Thorn
    The sword is from Night Guard for Genesis Male

The temple girl is G2F with head and body shape from East Asia for Genesis 2 Females.
    The skin is from Xiao Wen for V5.
    Hair is Persephone Hair
    Her outfit is Grecian Goddess with the diffusion color changed.

The robots are Cyborg Model 4.
    Buffalo Scout
    CamBot scaled to 50%.

Tangien Courtyard
    Desertlands Pak for WorldBase XT
    The burner is from DMs Aramonk

Rendered in DAZ Studio 4.6. No post work except the signature.

AllYourBots.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 560K
    Post edited by mark128 on
  • WahilWahil Posts: 307
    edited December 1969

Title : Spinning NVIATWAS

Can't get more naked than that, while using the ancient spinning magical blade technique.

Made with Daz Studio. No postwork except signature.

Fun Fact : Putting a point light inside a skull for red eyes actually works.

zwing3.JPG
    956 x 597 - 500K
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Denny L said:
    Title : Spinning NVIATWAS

Can't get more naked than that . . .

Whoo-hoo! Hubba-hubba!
  • LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

This was the fist thing that popped into my head....

Vicky Swimming through a temple with a Swordfish

Vicky-with-a-Sword.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 168K
  • ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

One more...

NAKED VICKY IN A TEMPLE WISHING FOR A SWORD
    Rendered in Daz 4.6

VickyTemple.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 570K
  • DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,691
    edited December 2013

Vicky in a Temple with a Staff - or - Don't Bring a Sword to the Temple for a Magic Fight

I seldom enter any of the challenges - but this one sounded like a lot of fun! This was a spin on an image I did a while back, when the idea of bringing a sword to a magic fight hit - I just had to do it. I didn't know if I'd be able to finish it and make it before the deadline.

Hope you enjoy it, I certainly had fun doing it.

Image credits:
    Rendered in Carrara
    The figure on the right is a highly modified V5 wearing Enamor Mage from Orion1167
    The figure in the Crystal is a V4/G4 combination wearing Fantasie from Orion1167
    The wall, floor and several of the props on the wall are from DMR Lynettes Dark Rites
    I made the crystal in Carrara.
    I modified most of the materials.

Bridget_Crystal_Sword.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 477K
    Post edited by DustRider on
  • AlbiejeeAlbiejee Posts: 153
    edited December 1969

"Treasure of the Temple...Armour Upgrade"

treasure_upgrade.jpg
    900 x 900 - 162K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,571
    edited December 1969

...is this still going on or are entries closed? Kind of started one late yesterday when an Idea finally came to me.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

the first post states "- last entered render will be accepted on Monday, December 30th, 2013, 11:59 PM EST and winners will be named December 31st, 2013 " so i am kinda thinking its done

edited December 1969

...that's what I thought, though seeing the entry above my last post made me wonder if things had changed.

Oh well. Didn't get very far, just the character.

edited December 1969

Well, there's still the "superspy Aiko" trope for the next contest...

edited December 1969

...still will finish and post mine even if it doesn't qualify.

...after all, it is a silly idea.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 2013

Entries were finished yesterday, December 30th, at 11:59PM EST (so one latest render, sadly, doen't qualify) and I'm currently picking up the winners, hoping to get them in a couple of hours ^_^"
    I will be happy to see extra-entries though and I'm glad that people got some fun with this idea.

Post edited by Kattey on
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    Entries were finished yesterday, December 30th, at 11:59PM EST (so a couple of latest renders, sadly, don't qualify) and I'm currently picking up the winners, hoping to get them in a couple of hours ^_^"
    I will be happy to see extra-entries though and I'm glad that people got some fun with this idea.

I just checked in to see the challenge status, and noticed you mentioned that a couple of the latest renders didn't qualify for time. Since mine was in the last couple of renders, I looked at the time stamp and was surprised to see the time stamp on mine at 10:33 pm. I submitted it at 9:33 pm MST, which would be 11:33 EST, so apparently the forum servers are set to CST, instead of MST for Utah.

Thought I'd point out the time issue, since CST seems to be a bit odd for DAZ server time.

edited December 1969

dustrider said:
    Kattey said:
    Entries were finished yesterday, December 30th, at 11:59PM EST (so a couple of latest renders, sadly, don't qualify) and I'm currently picking up the winners, hoping to get them in a couple of hours ^_^"

I just checked in to see the challenge status, and noticed you mentioned that a couple of the latest renders didn't qualify for time. Since mine was in the last couple of renders, I looked at the time stamp and was surprised to see the time stamp on mine at 10:33 pm. I submitted it at 9:33 pm MST, which would be 11:33 EST, so apparently the forum servers are set to CST, instead of MST for Utah.

Thought I'd point out the time issue, since CST seems to be a bit odd for DAZ server time.

Well, Kattey did say "one last entry," and Albiejee posted an entry after you did... I suspect you're still in the running.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

dustrider said:
    Kattey said:

The time zone isn't automatically adjusted for the end of Daylight Savings Time -- you need to manually untick the box..

edited December 2013

According to my timestamps dustrider's entry is valid but Albiejee's, sadly, isn't. I corrected my previous post about it, so hope it clarifies the possible issue ^_^"

Post edited by Kattey on
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    According to my timestamps dustrider's entry is valid but Albiejee's, sadly, isn't. I corrected my previous post about it, so hope it clarifies the possible issue ^_^"

Thanks Kattey :-)

I've had a pretty strong record of screwing up time(s) recently, so my initial thought was that I did it again. But after checking when I saved the image, and my system time, I realized that the posted times here were different than what I thought they would be (yep - sometimes I'm a bit slow).

edited December 1969

I am very thankful and grateful to everybody who entered this contest. It was a lot of fun for me to run it and see how each new render appears, and I hope it was a lot of fun for you to work with and/or against the theme of this challenge. My apologies that I didn't comment on some works directly (due to prolonged power outage and consequences of it), but it was a joy for me to see each and every single one of them, be it science fiction, classical, humorous, surreal or anything else. There were boys-in-distress of various kinds and angry grandma-ster of the temple, enjoyably fully-clad women and women going boldly on in improbable armor despite all odds, a fun for whole families and a serene solitude for the one, and some great clever visual puns, both with big hammers and without :)

But when narrowed to three I chose those pictures based on my personal judgment.
    *drumroll*

Lord Ganthor, nameless picture here is the first place, $25 DAZ3D CG.
    I think it works so well for me because of the contrast between highly-fantasy theme and mundanity of characters who are involved in a said theme. Adding this to well-balanced, well-executed composition made it to the top in my eyes.

Sasje, Sword of Legend, gets the second place, $10 DAZ3D Gift Certificate.
    At first I wasn't entirely sure if the picture abides by TOS but as moderators had no problems with it, I guess my fears were unfounded.
    What caught me with this picture were not only vibrant colors, lightness and composition but how peaceful the picture was while still within NVIATWAS theme, which is usually more aggressive. For my perception that kind of aerial spin was was a hard spin to make successfully but this picture managed to make it.

Scott-Livingston, Armor-clad Young Elf Cosplaying a Dwarf in a Forest With an Axe, third place, $5 DAZ3D Gift Certificate
    There were several, very different inversions of the theme, but while personally I enjoyed seeing half-dressed boys in distress quite a lot (hehe ^_^"), this one stood out for me the most, although, truth to say, it was a tough competition.

And due to spirit of all winter holidays being quite generous, I actually have a sponteneous honorable mention.
    ZamuelNow, Naked Vicky in a Temple Wishing for a Sword, $5 DAZ3D Gift Certificate
    While technical aspects could have been better, I found interesting how this small spin made a sword extremely relevant to a naked Vicky in the temple situation.

Last honorable mention without any material prize (sorry -_-) goes to HastyDave for Plated Vicky Going Mental with a Board, because personally for me it was the funniest render ^_^"

Again, I want to thank everybody - participants and spectators - for your contribution of time, effort and fun.

I will be sending winning codes tomorrow morning so you'll have most of the day to spend them ^_^".
    Gift certificate codes will be sent via private messages, so please make sure that your inboxes aren't full and you can receive messages from other members of community. I'd ask winners to confirm that code is received and working once you'd have it.

And if you wish to continue with a theme, you are entirely welcome. I hope I will be able to post my own too ^__^
    Happy New Year everybody, and I wish you to have good time.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Congrats to all the winners...Trish