Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD II

Comments

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks! I got inspired during work. ;-)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

I need to go to bed, but I put a lot of stuff on my bed this morning so that my bedroom could be sprayed. I am too tired to remove it all from the bed. Maybe I will sleep on the floor in the living room. My cats do it all the time. I could lay out several magazines and sleep on them. My cats would sleep on papers, magazines, plastic bags, and other stuff that does not normally look like something to sleep on.

edited December 1969

Do you have a sofa, Miss Bad Wolf? Make sure to get a good pillow so you don't get a neck sprain.

edited December 1969

Do you have a sofa, Miss Bad Wolf? Make sure to get a good pillow so you don't get a neck sprain.

I have a sofa and a love seat, but they suffer the same problem as with the bed. I used them for quick storage. I did find a body pillow that I could sleep on until I can clear off either the sofa or the bed or both. Maybe that will be what I will do Sunday and Monday and also do some dishes since now they are all dirty thanks to the bug spray.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited December 1969

I used to sleep on the floor all the time when I was younger, esp in front of the gas heater, my cat would sit on top of my thigh using me as a sofa!
    my heater in this house broken but I have an electric blanket on my sofa which is handy.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.

dunno Spongebob square pants is pretty shallow!
    edited December 1969

Is this a way of telling that sponges suck? :bug:

• edited December 1969

What if you cross an Electric Eel with a Sponge? Would you get a shock absorber? %-P

edited December 1969

I am picturing an octopuss with a sponge swapping tentacles to wash under all his armpits!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I am picturing an octopuss with a sponge swapping tentacles to wash under all his armpits!

That sounds so cool. Wish I had a Octi in my Content now. And this is just for giggles. I thought it was cute.
    Frog.jpg
    440 x 512 - 45K
    edited December 1969

Micah is home from being neutered.

• Fire AngelFire Angel Posts: 229
    edited May 2012

Behold, the awesome power of the Fire Angel! Yes, that's my right hand photographed by Elizabeth, a new friend, earlier today.

Be careful or I'll summon something bigger...

Feathered-Visitor800.jpg
    800 x 600 - 44K
    Post edited by Fire Angel on
  • edited May 2012

That's cool, Fire Angel. Very pretty blue bird.

Post edited by queenflamewing_c81c9a7ab7 on
    edited December 1969

Flamewing said:

The species is known as a Great Tit. Yes, really...

edited May 2012

The previous photo was taken earlier today, this one is a much older image. This bird is more dangerous, so be careful...

Robin-01.jpg
    800 x 583 - 65K
    edited December 1969

Flamewing said:

Do you ever get two of them at once :roll:

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Flamewing said:

Um, yes, happened twice earlier today. They were fighting over a nut in the palm of my hand. Ooo, er missus...

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Those are wonderfull photos. I love seeing them, I'm guessing the stupid part was left off for persional reasons.
    Like needing to clean your palm after the poop.
    Or using a whole box of Bandade's to patch the little holes in your palm after all the pecking.
    JK! ;-P

edited May 2012

The stupid part is how cheeky these birds get! Sometimes they will not grab food and fly away and eat, they will perch on your palm eating. They also fight over the food at times, showing more fear of each other than of me (or other humans feeding them). Then there are the ones that come to your hand, pick up some food, drop it, pick up something else, drop that, repeat a few times till they are satisfied that they have the best/biggest seed or nut, then fly away to eat it.

I mean, look at this one below carefully assessing the food before starting; no, that's not an illusion given by the camera angle, that's what it was doing! EDIT: that's the same robin as the earlier image; the photographer was able to et quite a few of the robin in my hand that day as it posed rather nicely.

Robin-02.jpg
    800 x 656 - 70K
  • edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Flamewing said:

Um, yes, happened twice earlier today. They were fighting over a nut in the palm of my hand. Ooo, er missus...
    To be able to have that kinship with wild birds is pretty remarkable. I couldn't even get that personal to my pet finches. I guess even they knew I was a cat person. :long:

edited December 1969

Flamewing said:
    To be able to have that kinship with wild birds is pretty remarkable. I couldn't even get that personal to my pet finches. I guess even they knew I was a cat person. :long:

If you came to London you could get the same level of contact with the wildlife. In most of London's parks there are squirrels that take food from people, others that eat out of your hand and many birds that do the same. Some squirrels climb on people to get food if encouraged to do so. I've recently had a wild parakeet perched on my hand a few times eating peanuts and seeds. Yes, we now have parakeets wild in England, certainly in the south-east; no-one is really sure where they came from, but they have adapted to the British climate and are multiplying like a native bird.

I'm told New York parks are like that too, though I can't confirm that from personal experience. I'd imagine any large city will be the same as long as it has some parks; wildlife that sees humans every day and isn't pursued by them soon loses much of the fear that other animals have.

Few of the birds I feed are really fussy about who feeds them; keep still enough and put food on your hand and they will come. Some of the squirrels will climb on anyone who encourages them too, if they are convinced you have food. The photos below are of a squirrel less than four months old climbing on me. The day those photos were taken he'd only seen me on one previous visit to the park.

Baby-Squirrel-03.jpg
    600 x 800 - 330K
    Baby-Squirrel-01.jpg
    600 x 800 - 277K
    edited December 1969

I also see a pigeon trying to sneak into the picture in one of the images. These are such great pictures of you.:roll:

edited December 1969

I also see a pigeon trying to sneak into the picture in one of the images. These are such great pictures of you.:roll:

Yeah, whenever possible I avoid feeding the pigeons. They belong in the countryside and do a lot of damage to car paintwork and buildings with their corrosive droppings. It is now illegal to deliberately feed them in London anyway, thank goodness. Oddly when I see pigeons in the countryside I don['t dislike them at all, but when I see one in a town its the nearest I get to hating anything alive.

edited May 2012

There is only one armpit for an octopuss... Give it a toothbrush instead. :)

Ohhh, FireAngle, that's a nice pic!!

What's the saying? "A bird in your hand is better than ten on the roof" (roughly translated).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/4819105118/in/photostream
    4819105118_77188da47f_z.jpg
    480 x 640 - 138K
    Post edited by Norse Graphics on
    edited December 1969

[=+/ <---- My little roommate typed that smiley up. Interesting as she only did it by sitting on the keyboard.</p>

My roommates have a saying that can be used in many situations by varying it some. "Meow"
    Right now Melody is purring while trying to get attention from me. I am trying to figure out how to get back to sleep.

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

I also stopped by everyday when it was down :) I guess it is a kind of self educated behave :lol:

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

funny bunny

dx_funny_bunny_small.jpg
    802 x 502 - 55K
    edited December 1969

Flamewing said:

If you came to London you could get the same level of contact with the wildlife. In most of London's parks there are squirrels that take food from people, others that eat out of your hand and many birds that do the same. Some squirrels climb on people to get food if encouraged to do so. I've recently had a wild parakeet perched on my hand a few times eating peanuts and seeds. Yes, we now have parakeets wild in England, certainly in the south-east; no-one is really sure where they came from, but they have adapted to the British climate and are multiplying like a native bird.

I'm told New York parks are like that too, though I can't confirm that from personal experience. I'd imagine any large city will be the same as long as it has some parks; wildlife that sees humans every day and isn't pursued by them soon loses much of the fear that other animals have.

Few of the birds I feed are really fussy about who feeds them; keep still enough and put food on your hand and they will come. Some of the squirrels will climb on anyone who encourages them too, if they are convinced you have food. The photos below are of a squirrel less than four months old climbing on me. The day those photos were taken he'd only seen me on one previous visit to the park.

The squirrels in the Parks are pretty amazing. I worked in the Royal Parks for 14 years, my staff would have great fun feeding the squirrels, although the client (Park manangement) did get a wee bit upset when he found squirrels lining up for their peanuts outside the Ladies Loo on Horseguards parade. ;-)

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

This, ladies and gentlemen, is a bagel...

Bagel.jpg
    250 x 216 - 13K
This discussion has been closed.