Is there any 3D program compatible with Daz Studio?

13»

Comments

• JClaveJClave Posts: 64
    edited November 2019
    marble said:
    When I said "poor" I only meant that my attempted Cycles render was poor compared to my IRay version. Clealy I don't know Cycles a fraction as well as you do so I have a lot to learn yet. I don't doubt that better results are possible but what I am not sure about yet is whether the payoff for the time spent getting to know Cycles well enough will be significant in terms of time saved.

Just had an idea.

3Delight standalone supports texture baking which I hope is actually working unlike the one in Daz3d.

If it does work, theoretically could bake texture maps in 3Delight, then apply them in the blender imported scene.

Never mind, probably won't work or will be too difficult

Post edited by JClave on
  • I work in Lightwave but have used DAZ3D for some years now when it comes to pre-rigged characters and their pre-animated facilities. 

But that stopped about a year ago when DAZ3D released an update that stopped all good communication between Lightwave and DAZ.

I asked the team of DAZ3D but they had no answers.

I think it sucks big time since I have invested in so much content from DAZ3D that now are completely useless.

What a failure to even think DAZ3D could think in of advantages in long term relations with users that really have appreciated their products and services. 

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,764
    How were you getting daz figures into lightwave in the past?? I have no problems getting daz figures &content into lightwave via FBX,.OBJ.MDD.
  • jaxtone said:

I work in Lightwave but have used DAZ3D for some years now when it comes to pre-rigged characters and their pre-animated facilities. 

But that stopped about a year ago when DAZ3D released an update that stopped all good communication between Lightwave and DAZ.

I asked the team of DAZ3D but they had no answers.

I think it sucks big time since I have invested in so much content from DAZ3D that now are completely useless.

What a failure to even think DAZ3D could think in of advantages in long term relations with users that really have appreciated their products and services. 

DS has never hd any kind of bridge to Lightwave. LW did chnage the default OBJ export routine in a way that broke vertex order, making it useless for morph creation, but fortunately there was an option to use the old exporter. As for getting rigged figures from DS to LW, I never had great success using FBX and LW 9 so I'm not sure how Daz could have broken anything there.

Daz has not "broken " Anything regarding moving Content to lightwave. FBX works great exporting from DS 4.8&4.12. As does. Obj/mdd for preanimated figures &cloth Sims from Daz studio
    BTW I'm using LW 2015 WINDOWS 10