GIVE ME BACK 4.11 DAZ!!!

4.12 is so slow so its not even funny, where can i get 4.11!? I got the latest drivers for my quadro but it sucks so horrible!

Comments

• Then something is wrong in some other part of the configuration or your system as a whole. 4.12 is measurably faster.

• Well that is funny, others have had the same problem. Something that took 19 min now takes 25 min.

• And those other people also had issues outside DS. the majority of people are rendering faster on 4.12

• Ok, i will listen, what was their problem?

• 4.12 is so slow so its not even funny, where can i get 4.11!? I got the latest drivers for my quadro but it sucks so horrible!

4.12 is a whole lot faster on my machine. Maybe you need to look at your render settings - maybe stuff got set back to default or something. Check Iray too, turn off progressive and set max number of iterations to around 100 to start with

• Ok, i will listen, what was their problem?

Everyone was different or they were like you and refused to give anyone enough info to help them.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,713
    edited December 2019

it might render faster but it drops to CPU easier too, one needs at least a spare GB of VRAM for their second and subsequent frames in an animation 

I do however agree older versions going at least 2 back should  be available for download on site like most other softwares do, everyone's system is different and some need drivers for other software not always compatible with the latest DAZ studio for example 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • SeventhRoar666SeventhRoar666 Posts: 126
    edited December 2019

Well, I am man enough to admit when I was wrong. It was not that much of a difference, i did not win anything but i did not lose anything either. A restart fixed the problem and it took the same as before, no win, no gain.

But at least it was not as I thought it was.

So, this post is pretty much fixed.

I was downloading something and could not turn of my computer.

Post edited by SeventhRoar666 on
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

@SeventhRoar666

Are you also using the minimum Nvidai driver for 4.12 (430.86). Do not use the 440 drivers.

• i tried 436, and that sucked, im using 4.30.