Free Software that Makes Life Easier

Comments

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,874

https://armorpaint.org/

worth to give it a try

It's not free, sadly. sad

They say you can build your own version by downloading the code but it requires so much knowledge about lots of programming stuff that's pretty hard to do it.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

it's not free so really shouldn't be posted here cool

• REIVAXREIVAX Posts: 70
    edited November 2019

Hello all. here is the tutorial for build armorpaint with visual studio; Very easy;3 minute to build it.not need programming .just watch very good explanation

one other

and paper from blender org

https://blender.community/c/today/JPcbbc/

Ps: i used paper soluce

full with blender 2.8= https://armory.itch.io/armory3d?download

you can payd or not/ the name =Armory-06-legacy-win64.zip 242 MB

See you later

Post edited by REIVAX on
  • REIVAXREIVAX Posts: 70

hello all

Unreal Engine Plugin | ArmorPaint

• live link

you still need the software

I grabbed all those plugins including to Maya when they were free

unlikely I will ever use them

you can vertex paint in Unreal though too and thats free

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited November 2019

free for UE4 developers

and Quixel Mixer eventually becoming free for everyone

they are adding 3D paint too

I trialed it earlier this year, you can use your own photos of stuff too not just their megascans

it makes nice big seamless maps with masking and all the extra maps for PBR

Mixer 2020

At last, Mixer 2020 now introduces 3D Painting, Real-time 3D Curvature, Smart Materials and much, much more.

This update also finally introduces 3D Blur, Grouping, Map-specific Blending, Advanced AO Mixing, Box Projection, Material ID Masking, 3D Position Gradients and 3D Normals to name a few, as another step on the path to making Mixer the ultimate, and now free, texturing app.

In short, you can now design Smart Materials, 3D paint meshes, and create tileable surfaces, all in one app—Quixel Mixer 2020 seamlessly fuses scan data, PBR painting and procedural authoring, for a vastly streamlined texturing experience, with native access to over 10,000 scans and new content rolling in every day. Whether you’re targeting organic, hard-surface, photoreal or stylized texturing, working in 3D or 2D, Mixer 2020 finally has you covered.

The new free Mixer and Bridge 2020 will be released later this year, so sit tight. We are extremely excited to hear what you think.

Here’s our vlog covering all these updates:

for now Materialize still rocks if you cannot wait

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    edited November 2019
    Wow, it is a lot of freebie news today. Unreal Studio itself will be free permanently (planned 50$/month subscription deleted) but no support only forums: http://www.cgchannel.com/2019/11/epic-games-to-make-unreal-studios-tools-available-free/ With the Quixel news above, it looks like Unreal Engine 4.24 and all it's free plugins and addons will be a new complete 3D suite for free...
    Post edited by 3drendero on
  • yeah supporting forums seems an issue for Epic

Twinmotion does not have one either and they made it clear posts not welcome in the Unreal Engine Ones

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

in the win10 video editor, can't figure out how to make the background music repeat to the end of the clips

merging a bunch of particles clips

• Mystarra said:

in the win10 video editor, can't figure out how to make the background music repeat to the end of the clips

The included ones the app downloaded do, I am not sure how to do your own

edited November 2019
    Mystarra said:

it should do it automagicaly...

videomusic.jpg
    971 x 853 - 80K
    Post edited by Stezza on

yours is better than mine, didnt see all those options.  only had the happy bg music

mebbe cuz it was dayjob pc.  they dont want us having too much fun at work

• I got pinged for Copyright using that Windows 10 movie editor music on Youtube BTW like I did the ones on Vista

Microsoft apparently cannot provide royalty free music for their apps

trying gain to make the exploding sphere just like DT made, heart

at day job pc   seeing more music clips in the video edit.

it should automatically last til the end.  no check box.

dunno why my  1st try, music stopped before the last clip

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited November 2019
    Mystarra said:

trying gain to make the exploding sphere just like DT made, heart

at day job pc   seeing more music clips in the video edit.

it should automatically last til the end.  no check box.

dunno why my  1st try, music stopped before the last clip

windows updated it for me populating it with more useless not royalty free music

I am going back to playing random notes on my Roland synth with my drum machine I think as I got a pile of copyright matches today

some false but no way to dispute if the wrong artist was getting the monetization,

two were by other artists offering it royalty free performing  public domain classics centuries old

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

maybe it's the settings on youTube that you have missed... didn't you have youTube for revenue which may mean the royalty free music isn't allowed. dunno 

I've never had any probs with mine. frown indecision

• maybe it's the settings on youTube that you have missed... didn't you have youTube for revenue which may mean the royalty free music isn't allowed. dunno 

I've never had any probs with mine. frown indecision

no I unmonetised all my stuff a year ago,

the 30cents a week I was averaging was not worth the trouble to add to my tax return esp since it costs far more than I make and would need to document it all

if they decided to audit me I would have been stressed AF,

it was so pathetically little but they chase the little people

a facebook friend also got pinged on Windows 10 Movie editor music

"As for Twinmotion, Epic decided to extend the free availability until the next release of Twinmotion (expected to ship in the first quarter of 2020). The update will bring greater photorealism, improved assets, tools to facilitate collaborative workflows, and more. " https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/twinmotion
  • AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

I got pinged for Copyright using that Windows 10 movie editor music on Youtube BTW like I did the ones on Vista

Microsoft apparently cannot provide royalty free music for their apps

Not necessarily true. Copyright claims are being made on not only royalty-free music but even out-of-the-box visual effects.

20% off gift cards today.
  • 3drendero said:
    20% off gift cards today.

did you mean to post that in your thread of Carrara sales?

I mean a gift card is only free if someone gives it to you

and to buy software for this thread devil

someone can buy me C4D if they like heart

Oops, wrong thread. Thanks. Here is an updated freebie an image sequence viewer: http://www.cgchannel.com/2019/11/check-out-free-vfx-image-viewer-and-playback-tool-djv-2/
    Btw you cannot buy C4D anymore. It is rental now and the only perpetual option is only supported for 3 years and can get deactivated at any time after that. Much like autodesk recently deactivated the last perpetual 3dsmax 2016. Blender 2.81 was just released with lots of new features for free and no license problems. Another recent Blender free renderer update: http://www.cgchannel.com/2019/11/radeon-prorender-for-blender-gets-full-spectrum-rendering/
    Good short feature about the state of 3D software market in 2019. Free open source tips included, since few can afford the rentals: https://m.slashdot.org/story/363226
  • well that solves that

just hope Carrara lasts broken heart

• To prevent intentional killbits from accessing computers to deactivate old programs is one reason why some folk take old computers offline ;-)

While seeking info about 3DCoat came across an image holder which stays on top. Useful for holding reference images while modeling.

https://www.pureref.com/about.php

• rk66rk66 Posts: 420

P3dO Explorer 2.7 release candidate is out

edited December 2019
    Octane render seems to be free for Daz Studio now. Personal 1 GPU (modern NVIDIA card) license, always online access.
    Post edited by 3drendero on
  • rk66rk66 Posts: 420

Here the infos

screen octane.jpg
    805 x 645 - 50K