Novica, Serene Night, & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 3

Comments

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

That is one nice space render that's for sure!!! Trish

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

I admit I'm pretty lousy at watching tutorials. I tried watching a dreamlight one I bought, and I still haven't finished, even though it is just my speed 'space battles.' But he lost me with applying the star texture to the globe, as my stars came out looking all stretchy!!! =-) I think I will punish myself sometime in the future and watch more. I'm one of those people who no longer can sit there and listen to anyone speak for long. I want to be doing. I'm sure I'd improve faster if I could take instruction.=-)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Zac's style is way, way different. I pause the video and do what he's doing in the video, then restart it. He is clear, tells you where his mouse is, makes sure you're with him. He's like step one....step two...go to the top left corner... I love it! And he will cover it again the next time he goes to the tool ("remember B is the shortcut for Brush..." )

edited December 2013

I am going to post references to the products, and link to them from the third post. (Following my top 10 and SereneNight's top 10) This "marker" spot will summarize the next set of renders. The first one covered through here. Still working on it.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/34269/#506843
    That will give you an idea on how it will look when I post the links for the next 20 pages we do..

Reserved for post links

Post edited by Novica on
  • SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    edited December 2013

You're quite the busy one Novica!
    Interesting to see how the review thread in the commons will undoubtly take off as this one :)
    I like how you used the brushes in your alien render SereneNight.
    Last month (or was it the month before that?) I also purchased some of Ron's brushes and since Gimp can use photoshop brushes without any problem, I also should start using them...same goes for all the other stuff I purchased these past months of sales ><<br /> My next review will be about a nifty freebie!

I checked this thread last night on my Galaxy Note 2 and I found my renders looking awfully orange.
    The colorshade looks fine on my monitor though *grumble*
    Can anyone confirm if my renders do indeed look a tat orange to you?

Post edited by Sylvan on
    edited December 2013

Invited Guest Contributor
    Zev0 M6 Chestmorphs "PeckingOrder" (click to go to the download link)

When the long anticipated Michael 6 came out there was praise but also some critique.
    In a forumthread people especially pointed out that the chest area needed some adjustments.
    Zev0 jumped right on it and he created some morphs that included the suggested improvements.
    It's a file that can be downloaded, unzipped and dropped into your "My Library" folder, or whatever name you appointed to your DAZ folder.

Here's a little tip with zipped items: with Window 7 (and probably 8 as well) you don't really need to unzip them.
    I open up the zip, double click the zip to preview the files within and open up the folder where the files should go to.
    Then, I just drag the unzipped file(s) into the folder where I need it to be and Windows automatically unzips it for you.
    It's an easy way to save time and space because you don't need to have an unzipped file at hand.

Now back to Zev0's morphs!
    A very welcome addition in my opinion as it makes M6 an even better adjustable figure for everyone's taste.
    He has created 6 sliders, which have a lightblue gradient so you can easily spot them:
    - Base Pec Smoother
    - M6 Pec Centre
    - M6 Pec Smoother 1
    - M6 Pec Smoother 2
    - Sternum adjust
    - Nipple Height

Previews from Zev0 are HERE
    I used Michael 6 in the renders with my own dialed figure.

First render is my default figure.
    Second figure:
    - Base Pec Smoother 25%
    - M6 Pec Centre 50%
    - M6 Pec Smoother 1 40%
    - M6 Pec Smoother 2 30%
    - Sternum adjust 15%
    - Nipple Height 10%

Pecs.jpg
    2000 x 873 - 1M
    Post edited by Sylvan on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Szark said:
    Novica said:

Need someone to tell me the difference in AOIBL (which I used) and IBL. You get both light options with Barn Yard.

Generally when I see that I see Poser IBL presets. What is means is AO = Ambient Occlusion plus IBL (Image Based Lighting or HDRI) and I would presume the IBL only would be Ambient light only but not conversed with Poser I cannot be sure.
    Actually my friend ArtCo does both versions in DS lighting. AOIBL and IBL versions. But yes one is with the extra AO settings and the other is without.So in UE2's case NO AO means Ambient Light Only. :P
    edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    checked this thread last night on my Galaxy Note 2 and I found my renders looking awfully orange.
    The colorshade looks fine on my monitor though *grumble*
    Can anyone confirm if my renders do indeed look a tat orange to you?

Nothing I would bother with. =-) I know how that is. Some of my renders come off that way depending on the monitor brightness level.

The only render that is slightly orange is the first 1. The rest look okay, and image 1, isn't too orange, just slightly bright like it is using SSS shader.

edited December 1969

It turned out my screen was tilted to the back so everything seemed brighter than it really was, duh.
    I see it now as well and couldn't resist the urge to change it anyway XD

edited December 1969

Just a heads up- we're going to just leave it "as is" with being in the Art Studio because of the duplication of posts- it would not be in line with the forum guidelines. (Bounced the idea off a few admin, they were very nice about it.) We (SereneNight and I) have a bit more control of it here- meaning not everyone is as diplomatic as our wonderful team and we're not opening that can of worms. Too much bait out there :) We'll stay in our pond.

Working on RRRR today and doing those links to get the first 20 pages covered. I'll be doing more of the admin type work for awhile to get things organized, as you folks are doing a wonderful job with the products, tips, and tutorials. :)

edited December 2013

Oh, and btw- we had 898 views yesterday. So we're doing okay, ya think? :) Your reviews are being seen:

We started at 4996 midnight
    was at 5137 at 7am
    at 6pm it was 5572 (579 views)
    by 10:30p it was 5694 (701 views)
    and midnight 5891 (898)

The previous day was 637, Christmas was 445, and it's usually 400-600 views a day. Overseas gets out of bed and you'll see a surge starting around 4:30am.

Today you're already at 258 views for your product showcases.
    EDIT: And that's folks who surf in. I don't think people subscribed to the thread even count, they read it via email. This is only the "click on it" count.

Post edited by Novica on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Every view counts, whether by an email click or a random click on a post. Even your own views count, so the count is driven up by all sorts of things, so editing a post a couple of times brings another 2 on the count. It is not as reliable as you seem to think as a count of interest, but it does give a rough guide, which needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

edited December 1969

GOOD HEAVENS- what are they doing? I have 17 things that have been updated in DIM. Including Michael 6 HD. Wonder what they've done to it? For those who don't use DIM, there is a thread that posts the updates. Of note that you might have is Michael high definition, Pabu For Aiko 4 (which was showcased), DA Glowing Eyes, V4 Skins Auto Converter For Genesis 2 Females, Sir Worthington, Logan, Genesis 2 Male Starter Essentials.

(If they updated Sir Worthington, wonder if the Ms. will be far behind)

Not going to start listing updates, but finding so many threw me for a loop. GEEZ LOUISE. (where did that expression come from? Poor Louise.)

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Every view counts, whether by an email click or a random click on a post. Even your own views count, so the count is driven up by all sorts of things, so editing a post a couple of times brings another 2 on the count. It is not as reliable as you seem to think as a count of interest, but it does give a rough guide, which needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Hmm. I didn't know of any forum software that can count email clicks. I know MailChimp can do it, but that's a newsletter type thing. It makes sense that if they can do it, so can the forum. I wish they'd concentrate on the basics instead of fancy smancy though- with all the bugs in this forum. Log in, logged out. Log in again- well, no you're not. Glad they are changing to a different one.

I also watch the posts (edits don't show though) and there were 34 yesterday, so I'll still take our grain of salt :) 898-34=864.

edited December 2013

http://www.daz3d.com/hawaiian-tatau

You know how I pointed out the pool that came with the $4.98 swimsuit? (It was 50% off) Well, look at the product above which is 40% off plus your snowball savings. You get TWO bonus characters. A guy and a gal, look at the thumbnails.

Does require (EDIT) http://www.daz3d.com/sales-promotions/ethnicity-for-genesis-asian but many of us have it, it is an older product, but also Creature Creator and some other products as well. The thumbnails will tell you.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

I want your cart Novica- (grin) it is only 30% off for me for a total of 9.42 with Snowball.

edited December 1969

Okay, how I missed this for so long, I'll never know. Looks like fun.
    http://www.daz3d.com/scar-rider

http://www.daz3d.com/citysigns
    SEE IF YOU CAN FIND THE GLARING SPELLING ERROR. FOR HEAVENS SAKE! It's a sign, go through the thumbnails.

Some goodies I've missed-
    http://www.daz3d.com/ethriel-s-bower

this to me is "out there" but the bench could be used in a playground. And LOOK AT THE FLOOR. Remember how you can flip and use as a backdrop? This goes with the product above.
    http://www.daz3d.com/ninniach-alata

edited December 1969

the speeling error could be us looking at it at the wrong angle. ;)

edited December 1969

I want your cart Novica- (grin) it is only 30% off for me for a total of 9.42 with Snowball.

:) It's just mainly so people can wishlist so when the stores go on sale (maybe March madness) you'll be organized and ready to rock and roll.

edited December 2013

Szark said:
    the speeling error could be us looking at it at the wrong angle. ;)

Did you notice they did it TWICE??? EDIT: Make that THREE times. And very clever Szark, lol.

Post edited by Novica on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

I have a comment about Ethriel's Bower: be warned if you have a slow computer. The ivy uses transparent maps. Rendering medium or high shadows can take a long time unless you use Age of Armor's advanced spotlight.

edited December 1969

Hey I can't talk. This sign I made in Blender for a personal project has a spelling mistake. Easy done but it should have been picked up in Q&A.

OVIOD.jpg
    800 x 651 - 180K
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/nouschka-design is 58% off (that's what I am seeing) I guess because DAZ is co-vendor. So shop that store-it's easy. Snowball discounts stack, great deals.

http://www.daz3d.com/camthalion (Again, look at the floor.)

http://www.daz3d.com/alcarine Pumpkins anyone? The throne/bench whatever and the stands are interesting. Increase the bump a bit and would be really cool I think.

http://www.daz3d.com/little-things One of my early favorites- fifteen props!

edited December 2013

Szark said:
    Hey I can't talk. This sign I made in Blender for a personal project has a spelling mistake. Easy done but it should have been picked up in Q&A.

Hmmm. Unless I am going nuts, which is possible- maybe count again. A spelling mistake? I see two. I'll be so embarrassed if I am wrong!
    (EDIT- but I googled it and it came up with my spelling)

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 2013

I was been gentle on myself, yes there are two. :P It does depend on what side of the pond you are so for you it is incorrect but for me it is not, so from my perspective there is only one error.

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

I have a comment about Ethriel's Bower: be warned if you have a slow computer. The ivy uses transparent maps. Rendering medium or high shadows can take a long time unless you use Age of Armor's advanced spotlight.

Thanks for the tip :) Have you done any renders of it?

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    I was been gentle on myself, yes there are two. :P It does depend on what side of the pond you are so for you it is incorrect but for me it is not, so from my perspective there is only one error.

I wondered about that possibility.
    We also do weird things with the s and the z letters for some words.
    Has anyone ever caught the wrong spelling in that product? I can't believe it hasn't been seen before!
    For those who haven't caught it, ANGELS.

edited December 1969

Another one to wishlist? Check out those thumbnails, almost passed this by based on only the main promo. WOW. She's more expensive, of course.
    http://www.daz3d.com/lyla-for-v4

While in that store..
    http://www.daz3d.com/dane-for-m4

58%
    http://www.daz3d.com/leilana-for-v4

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654
    edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    Invited Guest Contributor
    Zev0 M6 Chestmorphs "PeckingOrder" (click to go to the download link)

When the long anticipated Michael 6 came out there was praise but also some critique.
    In a forumthread people especially pointed out that the chest area needed some adjustments.
    Zev0 jumped right on it and he created some morphs that included the suggested improvements.
    It's a file that can be downloaded, unzipped and dropped into your "My Library" folder, or whatever name you appointed to your DAZ folder.

Here's a little tip with zipped items: with Window 7 (and probably 8 as well) you don't really need to unzip them.
    I open up the zip, double click the zip to preview the files within and open up the folder where the files should go to.
    Then, I just drag the unzipped file(s) into the folder where I need it to be and Windows automatically unzips it for you.
    It's an easy way to save time and space because you don't need to have an unzipped file at hand.

Thanks for this, Estroyer. I am going to try it out. I always like playing with Mike's chest. ;-) Also I didn't know about the unzipping trick in Windows 7 & 8. I'm going to try that out too!

edited December 1969

Thanks Estroyer. I had noticed some of the guys getting a wee bit overdeveloped in the chest region. Is there commercial use license for this product?

Would be lovely if DAZ patched the product to include some chest fixes. =-)

This discussion has been closed.